QPR v Leeds Match Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: QPR v Leeds Match Thread

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:58 pm

qpray wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:54 pm
We've lost 5 out of the last 6 games - I'm looking forward to those defending Holloway this evening.
they won’t defend him as much as they will attack you and other people who want Ollue out, standrd tactics on here when all else fails.
Ray, I'm not calling for his head just yet. I'm just going to have a think about alternatives out there in terms management, coaching, scouting.
Then I will shout for him to go.
Staff Benda Bilili

qpray
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by qpray » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:58 pm
qpray wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:54 pm
We've lost 5 out of the last 6 games - I'm looking forward to those defending Holloway this evening.
they won’t defend him as much as they will attack you and other people who want Ollue out, standrd tactics on here when all else fails.
Ray, I'm not calling for his head just yet. I'm just going to have a think about alternatives out there in terms management, coaching, scouting.
Then I will shout for him to go.
fair enough , i will start it thrn, simply not good enough, time for a hexit.

Paul Fitz
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Paul Fitz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Irrespective, unless we start winning he’ll be gone around Christmas.
Alone again in the lap of luxury

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Paul Fitz wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 pm
I don't mind fans calling for his head - he is now a busted flush.
I just think both management and fans should have some inkling of a
credible replacement before the inevitable heave-ho!
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Paul Fitz wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 pm
Is the correct answer. Shame it hasn't worked for him, and he has been hamstrung with an appalling injury list and players who simply aren't good enough for this league and never will be, no matter who is in charge. No easy answers that's for sure. Who'd want the bloody job anyway? Certainly no one credible.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Ok we all knew the front line was weak, but so did Olly who tried to get someone in all summer. But in all fairness, the side have been badly hit by our defensive injury crisis and it is a crisis. Our slump in form/results has happened ever since Nedum got injured and the subsequent other injuries. So it's unfair to call for his head until such time as we get a near full strength team back. And I'm sure he can turn it around.

Changing the manager mid season NEVER WORKS FOR QPR. Why don't we all just try and get behind the team and try and help them get the pts they need to survive without us all bickering again, as we always do when the current team/management aren't getting the right results?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 pm
Ok we all knew the front line was weak, but so did Olly who tried to get someone in all summer. But in all fairness, the side have been badly hit by our defensive injury crisis and it is a crisis. Our slump in form/results has happened ever since Nedum got injured and the subsequent other injuries. So it's unfair to call for his head until such time as we get a near full strength team back. And I'm sure he can turn it around.

Changing the manager mid season NEVER WORKS FOR QPR. Why don't we all just try and get behind the team and try and help them get the pts they need to survive without us all bickering again, as we always do when the current team/management aren't getting the right results?
Groundhog day
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Paul Fitz
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Paul Fitz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Agree Beagle but no manager, anywhere, will be allowed to continue with any team who has lost 10 matches from 11 etc. Next four games are crucial for him. If he goes on a run, great. If not, I suspect he’ll resign or be sacked, mid season or not. That’s footie!
Alone again in the lap of luxury

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Roofe is precisely the type of player our esteemed DoF should have been signing. Him, Fernandes and Holloway are as clueless as each other.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:32 pm
Roofe is precisely the type of player our esteemed DoF should have been signing. Him, Fernandes and Holloway are as clueless as each other.
Of course they're not clueless. I think they know what players they need to be signing. But we all know the financial mess we're in and so we have to work with what we've got. Sadly :(

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:49 pm

They are hamstrung I'll admit - but I wouldn't trust them to get the appointment right next time given their record. I do however have big reservations about a lot of the players we are signing. Effort will only get you so far... quality wins matches. Even under our restrictions, we need to do better in whom we recruit. Maybe a relegation and a huge clear out of this bloated squad is needed in the long-term. I don't want someone like Wild Thing coming in now and trying to turn things around - I'd rather he was given a chance to work from scratch(no matter what Div we are in). But as Paul says footie is all about results, so what I've just written is a pipe dream unfortunately.

qpray
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by qpray » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:01 pm

beaglebum wrote:

he trains them, so if that many players get injured then that’s another thing he probably knows sod all about.

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 pm

beaglebum wrote:

The lone voice talking any semblance of sense here. Can't the chief mod give him some kind of award?

The lot of you really come over as spoilt, impatient and entitled children of your time. A stack of injuries, a depressing run (albeit not turned over in any of those games), and all the toys come out of the pram. Pitiful, it really is.

We need to improve, of course, and I do feel concerned about the possible limitations of this squad. But we could just as easily finish in the top half as the bottom in this division, especially if we can finally nab a striker in January who knows where the net is, even on loan. In the meantime, think about what the word 'supporter' actually means. If that's too difficult, go away and 'support' Brentford.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

qpray
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by qpray » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:09 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 pm
beaglebum wrote:

The lone voice talking any semblance of sense here. Can't the chief mod give him some kind of award?

The lot of you really come over as spoilt, impatient and entitled children of your time. A stack of injuries, a depressing run (albeit not turned over in any of those games), and all the toys come out of the pram. Pitiful, it really is.

We need to improve, of course, and I do feel concerned about the possible limitations of this squad. But we could just as easily finish in the top half as the bottom in this division, especially if we can finally nab a striker in January who knows where the net is, even on loan. In the meantime, think about what the word 'supporter' actually means. If that's too difficult, go away and 'support' Brentford.
and there’s the first one, never mind the facts, attack the people stating them and the facts might be forgotten.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:14 pm

We have a pattern here. Play well in the first half, and I thought we were well in it in the first half today, half time comes the opposition manager changes things and our manager has no answer.