Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by T-Block » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:27 pm

LalLa -Talk Sport Really?

No wonder your opinions appear so stupid.A radio station for people who like to spout meaningless opinions in a shouty voice.

How old are you ? Looks like you have no idea what Gerry Francis has done in the game.

The questions is will he come to Rangers not is he good enough.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6096
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:27 pm
LalLa -Talk Sport Really?

No wonder your opinions appear so stupid.A radio station for people who like to spout meaningless opinions in a shouty voice.

How old are you ? Looks like you have no idea what Gerry Francis has done in the game.

The questions is will he come to Rangers not is he good enough.
Yep 3-4m listeners every week tune into talk sport & we're all stupid according to T Block.

Gerry did well for us first time around but undid a lot of that in his second stint.

Resigned from Spurs, Qpr & Bristol rovers when the going got tough.

As I said I've never heard anyone mention him in a coaching or managerial capacity, did he win anything as a gaffer is there something he's achieved that im unaware of?

All he's done lately is follow pullis around like a lap dog.

Anyway go on T Block enlighten me what is so amazing about Gerry Francis that will change our fortunes, what has he done in the coaching game?

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by T-Block » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm

3-4 million Jesus.Read a book or something.

Talk Bollox more like,and we wonder why English football culture cannot produce any decent coaches.Answer: listen to talk sport to appreciate the true subtly of English football culture.

Any proper QPR fan or anybody who knows about football KNOWS Gerry Francis is widely respected.I am only saying employ him as an advisor-Ollie needs a brains trust behind him.We are heading for relegation for fxxxx sake.Or are you one of those people who never makes a positive suggestion but just criticises and says everything/and everyone is shit.It is a sensible suggestion for little cost.

How old are you LA LA -a fan whose first team was the 80's side by any chance?

Go and read 'Blizzard' or something.Learn something.Go and get a coaching badge.Then I will listen

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7030
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:09 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm
T-Block wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:27 pm
LalLa -Talk Sport Really?

No wonder your opinions appear so stupid.A radio station for people who like to spout meaningless opinions in a shouty voice.

How old are you ? Looks like you have no idea what Gerry Francis has done in the game.

The questions is will he come to Rangers not is he good enough.
Yep 3-4m listeners every week tune into talk sport & we're all stupid according to T Block.

Gerry did well for us first time around but undid a lot of that in his second stint.

Resigned from Spurs, Qpr & Bristol rovers when the going got tough.

As I said I've never heard anyone mention him in a coaching or managerial capacity, did he win anything as a gaffer is there something he's achieved that im unaware of?

All he's done lately is follow pullis around like a lap dog.

Anyway go on T Block enlighten me what is so amazing about Gerry Francis that will change our fortunes, what has he done in the coaching game?
If we sell any players it will likely be our central midfielders. If nothing else Gerry was a central midfielder and former captain of england with years of coaching experience. If our youth central midfielders will be asked to step up then who better to guide them than Gerry? Surely something there for him even if its a part time role at 66yrs.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6096
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm
3-4 million Jesus.Read a book or something.

Talk Bollox more like,and we wonder why English football culture cannot produce any decent coaches.Answer: listen to talk sport to appreciate the true subtly of English football culture.

Any proper QPR fan or anybody who knows about football KNOWS Gerry Francis is widely respected.I am only saying employ him as an advisor-Ollie needs a brains trust behind him.We are heading for relegation for fxxxx sake.Or are you one of those people who never makes a positive suggestion but just criticises and says everything/and everyone is shit.It is a sensible suggestion for little cost.

How old are you LA LA -a fan whose first team was the 80's side by any chance?

Go and read 'Blizzard' or something.Learn something.Go and get a coaching badge.Then I will listen
My first season as a fan was under Francis around 93/4, he was great in his first reign & big respect to him for playing so many games for us, he had a mediocre time at Spurs and basicly took a nose dive after that.

I drive for a living so talk sport gets me through my day, yes you get some drivel on there but in general it keeps me entertained & I enjoy listening to it.

I'm all for suggestions I just don't see how Francis would make any sort of difference to our current predicament a lot has changed in football these days T Block are you sure Gerry would know about five at the back & no picking up back passes etc.

Anyway I'm off to book my level1 coaching badge, maybe you'll start taking me seriously then.

User avatar
loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1947
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by loonee » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm
T-Block wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm
3-4 million Jesus.Read a book or something.

Talk Bollox more like,and we wonder why English football culture cannot produce any decent coaches.Answer: listen to talk sport to appreciate the true subtly of English football culture.

Any proper QPR fan or anybody who knows about football KNOWS Gerry Francis is widely respected.I am only saying employ him as an advisor-Ollie needs a brains trust behind him.We are heading for relegation for fxxxx sake.Or are you one of those people who never makes a positive suggestion but just criticises and says everything/and everyone is shit.It is a sensible suggestion for little cost.

How old are you LA LA -a fan whose first team was the 80's side by any chance?

Go and read 'Blizzard' or something.Learn something.Go and get a coaching badge.Then I will listen
My first season as a fan was under Francis around 93/4, he was great in his first reign & big respect to him for playing so many games for us, he had a mediocre time at Spurs and basicly took a nose dive after that.

I drive for a living so talk sport gets me through my day, yes you get some drivel on there but in general it keeps me entertained & I enjoy listening to it.

I'm all for suggestions I just don't see how Francis would make any sort of difference to our current predicament a lot has changed in football these days T Block are you sure Gerry would know about five at the back & no picking up back passes etc.

Anyway I'm off to book my level1 coaching badge, maybe you'll start taking me seriously then.
Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of Gerry Francis working for us or not, if Talksport helps you through the day you have my sympathies, you must be having a really bad day. I thought the garbage Sky comes up with on deadline day is bad enough until I listened to Talksport for a very short time.

User avatar
Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 14957
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Devizes

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by Don » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:25 pm
Olly needs someone with experience around him. Love Birch but he's no assistant manager. Give Gerry a role to the end of the season as advisor then let him go to Pulis wherever he rocks up next season.
Experience? Olly's been in management for over twenty ears now.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9239
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm

I believe the club have made him an offer, but he's asked for time to mullet over.

I'm here all week. Unlike most of our defenders.

My mother-in-law....
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6096
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 pm

loonee wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm
T-Block wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm
3-4 million Jesus.Read a book or something.

Talk Bollox more like,and we wonder why English football culture cannot produce any decent coaches.Answer: listen to talk sport to appreciate the true subtly of English football culture.

Any proper QPR fan or anybody who knows about football KNOWS Gerry Francis is widely respected.I am only saying employ him as an advisor-Ollie needs a brains trust behind him.We are heading for relegation for fxxxx sake.Or are you one of those people who never makes a positive suggestion but just criticises and says everything/and everyone is shit.It is a sensible suggestion for little cost.

How old are you LA LA -a fan whose first team was the 80's side by any chance?

Go and read 'Blizzard' or something.Learn something.Go and get a coaching badge.Then I will listen
My first season as a fan was under Francis around 93/4, he was great in his first reign & big respect to him for playing so many games for us, he had a mediocre time at Spurs and basicly took a nose dive after that.

I drive for a living so talk sport gets me through my day, yes you get some drivel on there but in general it keeps me entertained & I enjoy listening to it.

I'm all for suggestions I just don't see how Francis would make any sort of difference to our current predicament a lot has changed in football these days T Block are you sure Gerry would know about five at the back & no picking up back passes etc.

Anyway I'm off to book my level1 coaching badge, maybe you'll start taking me seriously then.
Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of Gerry Francis working for us or not, if Talksport helps you through the day you have my sympathies, you must be having a really bad day. I thought the garbage Sky comes up with on deadline day is bad enough until I listened to Talksport for a very short time.
What can I say I'm working class probably like the other 3-4m that tune into it on a weekly basis.

I guess it's beneath you T-Block & the other middle to upper class's on here.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9239
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 pm
loonee wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 am


Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of Gerry Francis working for us or not, if Talksport helps you through the day you have my sympathies, you must be having a really bad day. I thought the garbage Sky comes up with on deadline day is bad enough until I listened to Talksport for a very short time.
What can I say I'm working class probably like the other 3-4m that tune into it on a weekly basis.

I guess it's beneath you T-Block & the other middle to upper class's on here.
Class war on the dot.org ? Madness.

The very idea has put me right off my cucumber sandwiches. Maybe I'll feel better after a nice pot of Darjeeling.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2973
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by Satch » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm no fan of talksport either but lala has a point. There is still a sweeping assumption that Francis could work wonders without anything to back that up. I'm not saying it isn't a tempting idea, but there is a plenty of bad in his management record too. WBA fans are pretty scathing of what he and Pullis were doing. It's also assuming Holloway is willing to have someone with that level of experience on his staff. I'm not convinced he would.

If the club wants to add a senior coach, i'd rather they appoint McLaren again.

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7030
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:16 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm
I believe the club have made him an offer, but he's asked for time to mullet over.

I'm here all week. Unlike most of our defenders.

My mother-in-law....
Take a bow Sir

:lol:

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12267
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by dm » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:12 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:16 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm
I believe the club have made him an offer, but he's asked for time to mullet over.

I'm here all week. Unlike most of our defenders.

My mother-in-law....
Take a bow Sir

:lol:
Don't encouraging him Sheepy. I can barely live with my own Grandad jokes...

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by Greyhound » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:35 pm

You're full of shit and know nothing about Francis lala, as you clearly demonstrate. You just like to talk garbage to draw attention to yourself. Go and get a hobby and leave off pestering the internet and annoying people.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6096
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Gerry Francis... Leaving WBA

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:35 pm
You're full of shit and know nothing about Francis lala, as you clearly demonstrate. You just like to talk garbage to draw attention to yourself. Go and get a hobby and leave off pestering the internet and annoying people.
Go on then enlighten me what don't I know about Francis?

Draw attention to myself are u sure, honestly I don't enjoy debating topics with mugs like you and the other elderly folk on here, must be an age thing!!! Someone disagrees with you & you start to hyperventilate!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests