Centre backs v Leeds

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Centre backs v Leeds

Post by 222gers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 pm
beaglebum wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm
According to the offish, Onouha may be in contention https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ollie-on-injuries/
I kinda hope he doesn't make it for this one. He'll be rusty against a good, fast side, won't have anyone really reliable next to him, and will likely get caught out at some point and then the usual suspects will be on saying how poor he is, overrated, just picking up his wages blah, blah, blah
I agree....I worry about Ned being brought back before he is really ready. A game or two with the u23s to prove his fitness. Same goes for Perch(y). I'd rather see a couple of the younger CBs play on Saturday. Lids are a rather in and out side, hopefully it'll be out on Saturday.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 am

222gers wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 pm
beaglebum wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm
According to the offish, Onouha may be in contention https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ollie-on-injuries/
I kinda hope he doesn't make it for this one. He'll be rusty against a good, fast side, won't have anyone really reliable next to him, and will likely get caught out at some point and then the usual suspects will be on saying how poor he is, overrated, just picking up his wages blah, blah, blah
I agree....I worry about Ned being brought back before he is really ready. A game or two with the u23s to prove his fitness. Same goes for Perch(y). I'd rather see a couple of the younger CBs play on Saturday. Lids are a rather in and out side, hopefully it'll be out on Saturday.
If our medical team think he's ready,

then we should probably get a second opinion. I'm very concerned about him being rushed back as we did with Cousins under JFH and he was out for a long time after. Let's not take a chance.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:28 pm

I shall be very pleased to see Ned back, when he is fit.
I am also amazed at the number of people that now seem to want him back. I thought that he was supposed to be a great liability. :wink:
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:37 pm

When they're all fully fit, there are some interesting choices to be made at CB. I think Robinson is now a first pick, and I would partner him with Ned and Hall if we keep a back 3.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:07 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:28 pm
I shall be very pleased to see Ned back, when he is fit.
I am also amazed at the number of people that now seem to want him back. I thought that he was supposed to be a great liability. :wink:
He still is, it's just that things are even worse without him which is no ringing endorsement.
Staff Benda Bilili

Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Son of Robin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Ned starts, Hall on the bench.
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:37 pm
When they're all fully fit, there are some interesting choices to be made at CB. I think Robinson is now a first pick, and I would partner him with Ned and Hall if we keep a back 3.
Yep, agreed. nice balance with both Chief and Robinson being right and left footed and having experience at fullback.

I really hope the club haven't rushed Onuoha back.