Mackie Red card

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dbak
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Mackie Red card

Post by dbak » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am

Can I ask why holloway is appealing please ? There has never been a more straight red in my book.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Mackie Red card

Post by dm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 am

I've seen much worse but there's little doubt it was a red. Whether intentional or not Mackie could have caused a significant injury.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:53 am

dbak wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am
Can I ask why holloway is appealing please ? There has never been a more straight red in my book.
He's appealing it because his tactical thinking doesn't stretch to picking a team without Jamie Mackie in it. To the extent that we'll probably start the next three games with 10 players.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:01 am

My son will be happy.... He gets the monk on when he sees Mackie starting, considers him a sub at best these days..puts his head in his hands when he scores! :lol:

Baptiste's stupidity of a second yellow after the match could be more costly...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:31 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 am
I've seen much worse but there's little doubt it was a red. Whether intentional or not Mackie could have caused a significant injury.
Intend is no longer a consideration. It"s just something explayers and pundits bang on about, but in relatity they dont know the laws of a game in which they are self proclaimed experts.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Because a big protest at the injustice deflects from the performance, he should have adapted, it's been coming too. Losing Mackie was a big problem numerically, but there is a part of me that thinks there could be an upside if Holloway's hand is forced into not using him.

I agree, straight red, no complaints. Holloway is embarrassing himself and us if he continues. Doesn't it also risk an extra game ban?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 pm
Because a big protest at the injustice deflects from the performance, he should have adapted, it's been coming too. Losing Mackie was a big problem numerically, but there is a part of me that thinks there could be an upside if Holloway's hand is forced into not using him.

I agree, straight red, no complaints. Holloway is embarrassing himself and us if he continues. Doesn't it also risk an extra game ban?
As my vicar might have said in church this morning “Mr Holloway's logic passeth all understanding and our protestations are doomed to fall upon stony ground”.

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Clinton Morrison on TV thinks it wasn’t a red. Holloway also said Baptiste was having a go at an opposition player after the game and NOT the ref. It was over something that was said to Baptiste which Holloway knows about but chose not to repeat on TV.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:25 pm

dbak wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am
Because it's a diversionary tactic to deflect from yet another insipid 0-1 scoreline.
Staff Benda Bilili

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Brainless stupid act that let his team down, I hope he has a prolonged spell out of the team.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:25 pm

PeterS wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm
Clinton Morrison on TV thinks it wasn’t a red. Holloway also said Baptiste was having a go at an opposition player after the game and NOT the ref. It was over something that was said to Baptiste which Holloway knows about but chose not to repeat on TV.
What was Clinton's justification for this opinion?

So, Baptiste got a second yellow for dissent, rather than a straight red for F&A?

Is it still the case that a yellow can't be appealed (unless it's mistaken identity of the player booked).

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Yes, that's the case with two yellows. You cannot appeal it.

With regard to the outcome I personally think that we would have been unlikely to score with that front five even if Mackie had stayed on the pitch. If we were playing with Washington up front and Mackie, Chair and Wheeler as the three behind then I couldn't have seen us scoring.
Come on you Sooopa ........

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:27 am

old pauline wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:09 pm
Yes, that's the case with two yellows. You cannot appeal it.

With regard to the outcome I personally think that we would have been unlikely to score with that front five even if Mackie had stayed on the pitch. If we were playing with Washington up front and Mackie, Chair and Wheeler as the three behind then I couldn't have seen us scoring.
Morrison wasn't talking about the two yellows - just the straight red for Mackie.

Even after several replays of the tackle it looked very harsh - perhaps people have seen better angles than the one shown on Channel 5 but it just looked like the guy moved too quickly for him and he did try to stop?

I am not a fan of Mackie and cannot believe he is being selected to start games this season. He is slow but admittedly tries hard which is presumably all you need to impress Ollie.

What I find even harder to believe is that it is actually the first time he has been sent off because I've seen him make so many really late tackles and lunges I struggle with that stat!
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 am

It was a ridiculous red, as indicated by Mackie's incredulous reaction. Badly-timed/clumsy at worst, certainly not malicious. It should certainly be appealed, but now seems it's going to stand.

That said, I tend to agree Jamie hasn't been doing enough of late to warrant his selection. Mind you, who else has? It's telling we seemed to do as well, if not better, with a JM-less X than an XI.

Another shit game/outcome up North, however you slice the cake. Unless something changes sooner rather than later, I shan't be surprised if we fail to win away all season.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:23 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 am
It was a ridiculous red, as indicated by Mackie's incredulous reaction. Badly-timed/clumsy at worst, certainly not malicious. It should certainly be appealed, but now seems it's going to stand.

That said, I tend to agree Jamie hasn't been doing enough of late to warrant his selection. Mind you, who else has? It's telling we seemed to do as well, if not better, with a JM-less X than an XI.

Another shit game/outcome up North, however you slice the cake. Unless something changes sooner rather than later, I shan't be surprised if we fail to win away all season.
Well we've still gotta play 6 of the top 8 away from home + Brentford & Fulham who imo are the two best footballing sides in the division.

We've picked up 4 points from a possible 30 on the road so far this season, if the home form dips then we could be in a spot of bother.