Mackie Red card

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ZENITH R

Re: Mackie Red card

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:23 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 am
It was a ridiculous red, as indicated by Mackie's incredulous reaction. Badly-timed/clumsy at worst, certainly not malicious. It should certainly be appealed, but now seems it's going to stand.

That said, I tend to agree Jamie hasn't been doing enough of late to warrant his selection. Mind you, who else has? It's telling we seemed to do as well, if not better, with a JM-less X than an XI.

Another shit game/outcome up North, however you slice the cake. Unless something changes sooner rather than later, I shan't be surprised if we fail to win away all season.
Well we've still gotta play 6 of the top 8 away from home + Brentford & Fulham who imo are the two best footballing sides in the division.

We've picked up 4 points from a possible 30 on the road so far this season, if the home form dips then we could be in a spot of bother.
We are just 6 points from the drop zone, haven't won away all season and have long term injuries to a number of key players.

I'd say we are already in a spot of bother.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:09 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:53 am
dbak wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am
Can I ask why holloway is appealing please ? There has never been a more straight red in my book.
He's appealing it because his tactical thinking doesn't stretch to picking a team without Jamie Mackie in it. To the extent that we'll probably start the next three games with 10 players.
:lol: aniclap

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am

dbak wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am
Can I ask why holloway is appealing please ? There has never been a more straight red in my book.
"Never"?

Really? Is that the only red card you've ever seen?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:44 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 am
I'd say we are already in a spot of bother.
Yeah, but it's a tradition for us to have a bit of trouble at this time of the year. Let's look forward to the resurgence come the new year and then the communial squeeking of buttocks as the season comes to an end. It's the QPR way.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 pm

We survived last season by 2 points, we lost 7 out of our last 8 games, had we not of beaten Forrest in our final home game we would have been relegated.

Surely we can't cut it any finer than that can we?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:12 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 pm
We survived last season by 2 points, we lost 7 out of our last 8 games, had we not of beaten Forrest in our final home game we would have been relegated.

Surely we can't cut it any finer than that can we?
Without a few penalty saves from Smithies beating Forest would have made no difference

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Just watched the highlights and it doesn't look like a red. Clumsy challenge yes, but both players were going for the ball.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:22 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm
Just watched the highlights and it doesn't look like a red. Clumsy challenge yes, but both players were going for the ball.
Both feet left the ground right foot studs up makes contact with the opposing players leg / ankle.

Had the opposing players leg been planted on the ground it could have been nasty.

Anytime you show the studs & make contact with an opposing player it's a red just like Pogba's, what's more mackie made it worse by making a stamping action upon impact.

Stupid stupid challenge beaten to the ball fair and square & thought I'll leave you a calling card son, He could quite easily have jumped the challenge.

Mackie should know himself what the outcome can be if someone goes in studs up, didn't he get a double leg break away to Blackburn a few years back.

99% of the time if you challenge with your studs in the air it's going to end in a red, challenge with the inside of your boot or laces weather it be sliding or standing and you'll be fine, show the studs & your marching.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:29 pm

I'd like to see it in slow motion. The replay I saw it didn't look that bad.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:10 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:29 pm
I'd like to see it in slow motion. The replay I saw it didn't look that bad.
Appologies for my enthusiastic response I've just started a referees course, I'll have to learn to curb it in the future or I'll clog the board up with ref chat.

Your right a slow motion would be good, but it is a studs stamp action that makes contact with an opposing players sliding leg, it was naughty in my book & worthy of a red, (I know I know the games gone soft).

The fact we haven't appealed it says it all really.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 pm

The problem is that Mackie has been doing this sort of thing regular. This time he got caught.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare