Match Thread: Preston North End v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dbak
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Preston North End v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by dbak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:00 pm

yes we had 10 men but overall again extremely poor......hoof it up and hope it drops at the right boot.....sod the injuries 25 other squad players waiting for a chance

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 pm

dbak wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:00 pm
yes we had 10 men but overall again extremely poor......hoof it up and hope it drops at the right boot.....sod the injuries 25 other squad players waiting for a chance
Let's get some of the younger ones in. How they can be worse than most of the present incumbents. Good experience for them too. And despite what a lot say, I believe the vast majority of our support will get behind them. You can only watch a lump like Washington for so long before you realise he is never going to cut the mustard. And I'm not just picking on him - the rest of our forwards are gash too.
Last edited by Damien on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:11 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:07 pm
We almost got there after working hard for a point. Such a shame really and I don't think Ollie or the team can be blamed. It's Mackie's fault for getting sent off. I think we'd have got a point at least if we'd kept 11 players on the pitch.
Ollie didn't do much to adapt to the loss of a player, their change at halftime or the long period they were battering us. Imo Smith was the wrong choice to bring on and to not take full advantage of the subs under the circumstances looks poor. I don't want us getting rid, but the last few weeks have been troubling. He needs to be doing better.

I also thought the defence were flat-footed for the goal.

Baptiste should be fined the maximum number of weeks wages allowed, utter prick. Completely unnecessary and leaves us without a single fit first team centre-half at home to Leeds. Utter wanker.
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:44 pm
Come on Happy Clappers, spin away!
Oh look, this tedious cunt is back.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:42 pm
May as well go down and get rid of half this squad. We have the stench of a team that is neither very good and not very lucky... and injury prone too. A toxic combination. I'm starting to question who is recruiting these players as well. Might win on the road again in Div 1 :roll:
Relegation would do our club a lot of damage with only a new rich owner to save us. Our core loyal fan base is getting on a bit, me included, and attendances are slowly dropping due to poor team performance. The new slowly slowly scout the good youngsters plan is fine and most fans will stick with that.... for a season or two but relegation would really be a disaster in my opinion.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:36 pm
Damien wrote:
May as well go down and get rid of half this squad. We have the stench of a team that is neither very good and not very lucky... and injury prone too. A toxic combination. I'm starting to question who is recruiting these players as well. Might win on the road again in Div 1 :roll:
Relegation would do our club a lot of damage with only a new rich owner to save us. Our core loyal fan base is getting on a bit, me included, and attendances are slowly dropping due to poor team performance. The new slowly slowly scout the good youngsters plan is fine and most fans will stick with that.... for a season or two but relegation would really be a disaster in my opinion.
Well I hope your are wrong, because I'm not so sure we will be as lucky as we were last season. I think if we could get the winning habit back in a more forgiving league than this one, the fans will come back. Dropping attendances have a lot to do with poor results and dropping down the league. Of course I'm not saying we would tear up Div 1, but I think we would he more competitive. Long way to go yet of course... just not feeling that confident myself.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:44 pm
Come on Happy Clappers, spin away!
Great - the angel of death is back...
And never after a win oddly enough.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 am

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm
Well, I'd be waiting an awfully long time, wouldn't I?

It's just incredible that people on here prefer not winning for 17 away games to having a proper manager like Warnock leading a promotion charge.

That level of supreme stupidity deserves the dream team of Fernandes, Ferdinand and Holloway. Keep clapping happily away, lemmings!

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:17 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 am
Lee Gib wrote:

It's just incredible that people on here prefer not winning for 17 away games to having a proper manager like Warnock leading a promotion charge.

That level of supreme stupidity deserves the dream team of Fernandes, Ferdinand and Holloway. Keep clapping happily away, lemmings!
You're letting your man crush on Warnock get silly now
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:25 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:17 am
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Lee Gib wrote:

You're letting your man crush on Warnock get silly now
Well it is understandable isn't it?

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 am

Damien wrote:
Rbee wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:36 pm
Damien wrote:
Well I hope your are wrong, because I'm not so sure we will be as lucky as we were last season. I think if we could get the winning habit back in a more forgiving league than this one, the fans will come back. Dropping attendances have a lot to do with poor results and dropping down the league. Of course I'm not saying we would tear up Div 1, but I think we would he more competitive. Long way to go yet of course... just not feeling that confident myself.
We're certainly heading that way alright but I'm not sure we'd be all that competitive in Division 1. We'd lose 6-8 players (including our goalkeeper & our 3 key midfielders) for starters so would be rebuilding yet again. And I'm assuming we'd be looking for a new manager too. Every cloud I guess.....
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Lee Gib wrote:

It's over 2 years now. Warnock's been in another job for a long time, and he isn't coming back. You can (and evidently will) keep whining on about something that might have happened, but didn't, but seriously what's the f**king point ?

"People on here" didn't choose Fernandes, Ferdinand or Holloway. No one thinks they're the dream team, or enjoys getting beaten regularly. But what are your alternative suggestions ? Do you think there'll be a lot of takers for a Championship team with crowds of less than 15k, bugger all in the way of infrastructure, and a potential fine of £40M + hanging over its head ?

I don't think we'll need a shitty stick to beat off potential buyers somehow.

Why not organise a protest at HQ and let the powers that be know what you think ?

I'll be here not holding my breath with the other lemmings.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Lee Gib wrote:

"Promotion charge" - now that's just silly. There is about as much chance of this squad mounting a challenge at the top (no matter who is in charge) - as me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson. That's not to say someone else could keep us up though. Olly needs a couple of results, and that is the reality of the situation.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:44 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Lee Gib wrote:

"Promotion charge" - now that's just silly. There is about as much chance of this squad mounting a challenge at the top (no matter who is in charge) - as me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson. That's not to say someone else could keep us up though. Olly needs a couple of results, and that is the reality of the situation.
I assume you mean a couple of results will inspire confidence that will lead to keeping well away from a relegation dog fight. Clearly the results against Wolves and Sheffield United did not so where is the evidence for your optimism

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Saw this on Twitter. A pretty accurate summation of life on this board over the last few years.

https://twitter.com/purpletrash/status/ ... 7860715521

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 pm
Saw this on Twitter. A pretty accurate summation of life on this board over the last few years.

https://twitter.com/purpletrash/status/ ... 7860715521
I can't fault any of them for effort I'm happy on that front & i don't expect a lot, I think the issue is we've showen glimpses of quality all season & expectations have slightly increased as a result of it.

I said pre season that survival is the aim, my view hasn't changed, depleted defence and Ollie making some odd decisions along the way hasn't helped.