Match Thread: Preston North End v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Preston North End v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by deadendjob » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:29 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 am
Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm
And never after a win oddly enough.
Well, I'd be waiting an awfully long time, wouldn't I?

It's just incredible that people on here prefer not winning for 17 away games to having a proper manager like Warnock leading a promotion charge.

That level of supreme stupidity deserves the dream team of Fernandes, Ferdinand and Holloway. Keep clapping happily away, lemmings!
It's over 2 years now. Warnock's been in another job for a long time, and he isn't coming back. You can (and evidently will) keep whining on about something that might have happened, but didn't, but seriously what's the f**king point ?

"People on here" didn't choose Fernandes, Ferdinand or Holloway. No one thinks they're the dream team, or enjoys getting beaten regularly. But what are your alternative suggestions ? Do you think there'll be a lot of takers for a Championship team with crowds of less than 15k, bugger all in the way of infrastructure, and a potential fine of £40M + hanging over its head ?

I don't think we'll need a shitty stick to beat off potential buyers somehow.

Why not organise a protest at HQ and let the powers that be know what you think ?

I'll be here not holding my breath with the other lemmings.
nailonhead

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:51 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
"People on here" didn't choose Fernandes, Ferdinand or Holloway. No one thinks they're the dream team, or enjoys getting beaten regularly. But what are your alternative suggestions ? Do you think there'll be a lot of takers for a Championship team with crowds of less than 15k, bugger all in the way of infrastructure, and a potential fine of £40M + hanging over its head ?

I disagree; if this club was run properly (including a decent manager), we could easily win promotion to the Premier League; the teams at the top of the Championship really aren't all that (Wolves excepted). Similarly, we could then stay up without spending a huge amount of money - or even, come straight back down and invest the Premier League bounty in the club's infrastructure.

Unfortunately, by appointing a succession of poor managers we are closer to League One, crowds are falling and the board's lack of ambition demonstrates that we are now analogous to Fernandes' Caterham F1 team. Fans seem to think that being a former QPR player is more important than actually being good at your job; a run of 17 games (and counting) without an away win is diabolical.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:03 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:20 pm
Damien wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:44 pm
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 am

Well, I'd be waiting an awfully long time, wouldn't I?

It's just incredible that people on here prefer not winning for 17 away games to having a proper manager like Warnock leading a promotion charge.

That level of supreme stupidity deserves the dream team of Fernandes, Ferdinand and Holloway. Keep clapping happily away, lemmings!
"Promotion charge" - now that's just silly. There is about as much chance of this squad mounting a challenge at the top (no matter who is in charge) - as me getting a date with Scarlett Johansson. That's not to say someone else could keep us up though. Olly needs a couple of results, and that is the reality of the situation.
I assume you mean a couple of results will inspire confidence that will lead to keeping well away from a relegation dog fight. Clearly the results against Wolves and Sheffield United did not so where is the evidence for your optimism
I'm not optimistic... just hoping. I've been accused by a lot on here for being too pessimistic, so I may as well live in hope. Not much else you can do with our club.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:51 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

I disagree; if this club was run properly (including a decent manager), we could easily win promotion to the Premier League; the teams at the top of the Championship really aren't all that (Wolves excepted). Similarly, we could then stay up without spending a huge amount of money - or even, come straight back down and invest the Premier League bounty in the club's infrastructure.

Unfortunately, by appointing a succession of poor managers we are closer to League One, crowds are falling and the board's lack of ambition demonstrates that we are now analogous to Fernandes' Caterham F1 team. Fans seem to think that being a former QPR player is more important than actually being good at your job; a run of 17 games (and counting) without an away win is diabolical.
Anyone know what the record is for QPR and no away wins? I don't remember a run as bad as this in my time.