Here is one to shock some

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Here is one to shock some

Post by whittonhoop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 pm

I think we all knew something like this was coming, however, I would agree the contract situation will be quite hard to get around - not sure how we work that one through, would likely lead to a lot of free transfers out to reduce wage bills.

As for the headline though, not much of a shock is it, a business having to be run within its means from time to time.......

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm
Satch wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm
IJM wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm
I don't know about the parachute payments but I am lead to believe that there will be no new additions in January. I think we will have to wait until the summer when 8 or 9 players are out of contract and this may well release some funds in the form of saved wages to fund any additions, albeit from the lower leagues unless of course we can find a few free transfers of the quality of Freeman or Scowen.

In any event this is the new QPR era and I hope we don't hear anymore negative comments regarding Ollie and his team/squad/tactics etc., as the bloke can only work with what he's got or is available to him.

In my opinion, no other Manager could do a better job in these circumstances.
Sorry, that is absolute bollocks. I'm not suggesting we get rid, but there are clearly better managers. Whilst all fans need to recognise there is only so much that can be done with the personnel out there that doesn't mitigate responsibility. There are many occasions where the team selections are outright bizarre, players don't know what they're doing, there isn't consistency and quite frankly the incorrect decision has been made (right side of defence over the last 5 games). It feels like IH's little 'chest thump' on Monday has had the desired effect though.
He probably meant no other available manager
I think he probably did. I am no Holloway fan or apologist but with zero funds we would need another enthusiast like perhaps Ainsworth. I cannot imagine potential managers queuing up to come here under our circumstances.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:02 pm

Cant we just find another group of investers with £300m to 'invest'..?

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:01 pm

No more players in January? Happy with that one quite frankly.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:50 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Satch wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Sorry, that is absolute bollocks. I'm not suggesting we get rid, but there are clearly better managers. Whilst all fans need to recognise there is only so much that can be done with the personnel out there that doesn't mitigate responsibility. There are many occasions where the team selections are outright bizarre, players don't know what they're doing, there isn't consistency and quite frankly the incorrect decision has been made (right side of defence over the last 5 games). It feels like IH's little 'chest thump' on Monday has had the desired effect though.
I think he probably did. I am no Holloway fan or apologist but with zero funds we would need another enthusiast like perhaps Ainsworth. I cannot imagine potential managers queuing up to come here under our circumstances.
I didn't give too much thought whether another Manager would be available or not, but I do like Ollie's passion and I'm not sufficiently qualified to manage a football team so I am in no position to criticise his tactics one way or another. However as has been proven in the past by most 92 league clubs (yes I accept that there are a few exceptions) no change of Manager has significantly improved a clubs fortunes and goodness knows we've a few of them over our recent history, so I think we should just stick to what we've got for now in both playing and managerial staff.

Having said that, I am not saying that Ollie and Birch are ideal, but they both love QPR as much as I do, and that will do for me.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:57 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 pm
IJM wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm
I don't know about the parachute payments but I am lead to believe that there will be no new additions in January. I think we will have to wait until the summer when 8 or 9 players are out of contract and this may well release some funds in the form of saved wages to fund any additions, albeit from the lower leagues unless of course we can find a few free transfers of the quality of Freeman or Scowen.

In any event this is the new QPR era and I hope we don't hear anymore negative comments regarding Ollie and his team/squad/tactics etc., as the bloke can only work with what he's got or is available to him.

In my opinion, no other Manager could do a better job in these circumstances.
Who has led you to believe
Hello QPR_John, I'm sure that there are plenty on here who are 'in the know', and I'm certainly not one of those. However I do get snippets from time to time from colleagues in the game and my info was based on comments made within that sector. It is not gospel but has a certain ring of truth about it. 31st January 2018 will prove one way or another whether this 'gossip' is plausible or not.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:30 pm

IJM wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:50 pm
222gers wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:

I didn't give too much thought whether another Manager would be available or not, but I do like Ollie's passion and I'm not sufficiently qualified to manage a football team so I am in no position to criticise his tactics one way or another. However as has been proven in the past by most 92 league clubs (yes I accept that there are a few exceptions) no change of Manager has significantly improved a clubs fortunes and goodness knows we've a few of them over our recent history, so I think we should just stick to what we've got for now in both playing and managerial staff.

Having said that, I am not saying that Ollie and Birch are ideal, but they both love QPR as much as I do, and that will do for me.
Wow - you're easily pleased, aren't you? I love Jaffa Cakes too as much as the next man, so should I be managing McVities?

IH is a footballing professional, and, like a certain Neil Warnock, knows how to turn on the passion to get owners and/or supporters onside pretty much wherever he's been. I'm sure he has some feeling for QPR - and perhaps even a special soft spot - but that hardly means he's immune to tactical and organisational critique. Though sometimes you get the uncomfy feeling he wants to convince us that passion is all - and seems to have managed it in in your case.

Never mind our bollocks and the BBC stats - against Brentford, we were out-thought, out-run and out-played by what I would call (to quote the man himself) a 'real football team'. And for the third time in a row, by the way, against our local rivals on our own ground. In sum, they switched off a couple of times at the end, and we got out of jail. But it could - and probably should - have been something anything from 1-3 to 2-4 or 3-5 on the night, none of which would have flattered them. They looked a class above us, but shot themselves in the foot.

I'd love to see the players and management team ram my words down my throat at Deepdale, but - especially Freeman's now missing on top of our carload of defenders - I just don't see anything other than a textbook defeat with a non-firing forward line.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star