Here is one to shock some

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Here is one to shock some

Post by ANDREW1302 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:45 am

I have heard the following......
Parachute payments end this season. There is no new money for investment and we are going to have to run based absolutely on turnover. The squad size is going to be reduced and the max weekly payment on new contracts will be halved. Any players we want to keep will be offered new terms based on the new facts or told they can leave. To put this into perspective the example i was given of the equivalent club from next year was Barnsley.

Welcome to the new era. And if anyone doubts the above ask Mr Hoos and he will confirm .

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Here is one to shock some

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 am

You heard it from him then ?

My understanding was there was one more year of parachute payments. Our squad is far too big and needs cutting anyway. If we are going to operate purely on turnover without any investment from the owners, then the Barnsley comparison sounds about right.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 am

Surely this has been more or less common knowledge for some time now ? I prefer the club to be run on a more sensible basis than on the Hughes/ Redknapp model even if it means dropping a division for a time ( no Sky of international breaks, what ho ! ).

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:05 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:45 am
Parachute payments end this season. There is no new money for investment and we are going to have to run based absolutely on turnover. The squad size is going to be reduced and the max weekly payment on new contracts will be halved. Any players we want to keep will be offered new terms based on the new facts or told they can leave. To put this into perspective the example i was given of the equivalent club from next year was Barnsley.

Welcome to the new era. And if anyone doubts the above ask Mr Hoos and he will confirm .
Did the Barnsley model account for a probable 40m fine?

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 am

And lala there lies the issue. If and it looks like we will get fined £40m the investors will have a decision based on the following;

1 The ground is owned by a separate company and is valued at £40m
2 The Premier League is not going to happen without substantial investment which they will not give.

So the choice is blame the League, hiring PR people to promote how hard done by we have been, wind the club up, don't pay £40m and sell the site and pocket £40m. Difference is £80m. Is it as an investor worth spending £40m for a lowly Championship club when actually you can pocket £40m.

The answer seems pretty obvious to me.

Crabsandwich
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:59 am

You must have been listening to someone who like making things up... parachute payments following relegation for QPR were/are £24m in 15/16, £19.3m in 16/17, then £9.6 m in both 17/18 and 18/19.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ague-clubs

Fernandes has already stated that the shareholders will suck up the fine if they have to.

But hey, let's all have a miserable Wednesday morning.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 am
And lala there lies the issue. If and it looks like we will get fined £40m the investors will have a decision based on the following;

1 The ground is owned by a separate company and is valued at £40m
2 The Premier League is not going to happen without substantial investment which they will not give.

So the choice is blame the League, hiring PR people to promote how hard done by we have been, wind the club up, don't pay £40m and sell the site and pocket £40m. Difference is £80m. Is it as an investor worth spending £40m for a lowly Championship club when actually you can pocket £40m.

The answer seems pretty obvious to me.
On point 2....the owners cannot “invest” money over a certain amount in order to achieve promotion because of FFP. Unless they gamble on us achieving that promotion and staying up thereby avoiding the clutches of the EFL. I cannot see that happening.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:50 pm

Crabsandwich wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:59 am
You must have been listening to someone who like making things up... parachute payments following relegation for QPR were/are £24m in 15/16, £19.3m in 16/17, then £9.6 m in both 17/18 and 18/19.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ague-clubs

Fernandes has already stated that the shareholders will suck up the fine if they have to.

But hey, let's all have a miserable Wednesday morning.
Let’s all leave early :twisted:
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:45 am

Unfortunately, and this may shock you, I don't have as regular conference calls with Lee Hoos as i would like. So while i try and get a date in the diary, perhaps you could clarify your source and provide some corroborating evidence?

We already knew the club needed to run more sustainably that has been the case for a while. How many players are on this 'double the new max' how do the club intend to work around the pesky issue of contracts?

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't know about the parachute payments but I am lead to believe that there will be no new additions in January. I think we will have to wait until the summer when 8 or 9 players are out of contract and this may well release some funds in the form of saved wages to fund any additions, albeit from the lower leagues unless of course we can find a few free transfers of the quality of Freeman or Scowen.

In any event this is the new QPR era and I hope we don't hear anymore negative comments regarding Ollie and his team/squad/tactics etc., as the bloke can only work with what he's got or is available to him.

In my opinion, no other Manager could do a better job in these circumstances.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 pm

IJM wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm
I don't know about the parachute payments but I am lead to believe that there will be no new additions in January. I think we will have to wait until the summer when 8 or 9 players are out of contract and this may well release some funds in the form of saved wages to fund any additions, albeit from the lower leagues unless of course we can find a few free transfers of the quality of Freeman or Scowen.

In any event this is the new QPR era and I hope we don't hear anymore negative comments regarding Ollie and his team/squad/tactics etc., as the bloke can only work with what he's got or is available to him.

Who has led you to believe

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm

I agree.

I loved his post match comments and I loved his follow up for the club website.

Far rather the shows of passion than a Hughes talking about the business of winning matches, Redknapp whinging about a lack of funds or JFH doing his rabbit in headlights impression.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 pm

old pauline wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm
I agree.

I loved his post match comments and I loved his follow up for the club website.

Far rather the shows of passion than a Hughes talking about the business of winning matches, Redknapp whinging about a lack of funds or JFH doing his rabbit in headlights impression.
I thought Hughesless was the rabbit in headlights....

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm

IJM wrote:

Sorry, that is absolute bollocks. I'm not suggesting we get rid, but there are clearly better managers. Whilst all fans need to recognise there is only so much that can be done with the personnel out there that doesn't mitigate responsibility. There are many occasions where the team selections are outright bizarre, players don't know what they're doing, there isn't consistency and quite frankly the incorrect decision has been made (right side of defence over the last 5 games). It feels like IH's little 'chest thump' on Monday has had the desired effect though.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm
IJM wrote:

Sorry, that is absolute bollocks. I'm not suggesting we get rid, but there are clearly better managers. Whilst all fans need to recognise there is only so much that can be done with the personnel out there that doesn't mitigate responsibility. There are many occasions where the team selections are outright bizarre, players don't know what they're doing, there isn't consistency and quite frankly the incorrect decision has been made (right side of defence over the last 5 games). It feels like IH's little 'chest thump' on Monday has had the desired effect though.
He probably meant no other available manager
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question