Starting line up

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Starting line up

Post by T-Block » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Holloway has bad habits when picking a team.

Ok experiment with alternative wingers,but when at home play the team outlined below and Rangers will stay up.

Smithies

Baptiste
Robinson
Bidwell

Onohua considered when fit to replace one of the above.

Scowen
Freeman
Luongo

Washington
Mackie
Pawel

Use Smith as a sub,never a start.Always bring him on 60 mins onwards.

That is our strongest team.Pick it for every home game.Do not change it.

This team needs good buys over a 2-3 year period to become competitive in this league.So in the meantime please just pick the above.

With luck Rangers will get to 50 points asap.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Starting line up

Post by Rbee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Good shout but I would be tempted to pack the midfield for Preston.

Smithies

Mackie
Baptiste
Robinson
Bidwell

Pawel
Scowen
Luongo
Cousins
Lualua

Whoever

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 pm

T-Block wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Ok experiment with alternative wingers,but when at home play the team outlined below and Rangers will stay up.

Smithies

Baptiste
Robinson
Bidwell

Scowen
Freeman
Luongo

Washington
Mackie
Pawel

This team needs good buys over a 2-3 year period to become competitive in this league.So in the meantime please just pick the above.

Call me a doom-monger,but I don't think we'll stay up starting with 10 men every week
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Crabsandwich
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Pretty sure Freeman's card last night means he is suspended for Saturday. With that in mind, I'd bring Manning in alongside Luongo and Scowen, drop Mackie to the bench for some potential 'impact' later in the game, and start with two proper wingers.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:52 pm

T-Block wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Smithies

Baptiste
Robinson
Bidwell

Scowen
Freeman
Luongo

Washington
Mackie
Pawel

You've only picked 3 defenders and those 3 defenders have been part of a defence that has shipped 10 goals in 4 matches this month, so my first objection would be your defence.

Washington has the worst goals to games ratio out of any of the three strikers at the club so again I'm a little confused as to how your picking the striker with the worst strike rate out of the three.

Mackie in an attacking role where pace is the key to get beyond defenders & run in behind just like Brentford did to us yet Mackie is our slowest & oldest attacking player.

I have to disagree entirely with your selections, you've kept a defence together that has let in 10 goals in 4 games & you want to start statisticly our worst striker in terms of scoring goals.

And as for picking & sticking to that team & that team only..
A - different opposition pose different threats you have to set up a team & personnel accordingly.
B - what do you intend on saying to the rest of the 10-15 squad of players that can't get a kick week in week out.

You've picked basicly the same personnel that has been playing all season & tbh 2 wins in 13 & 1 point from 12 this month I'd be inclined to start dropping some of the usual starters & feshen it up a bit.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Some fair points lala, but who the eff else do we play at the back?

I'd still give Washington and Sylla a proper run together, as a central strike pairing. IMO that is going to get more goals than any other. I agree Washington isn't setting the world alright with goals, but he is ofter outwide - where i actually think he does an ok job. I'd have no issue with the club replacing him, but i think he looks more like a striker to play off Sylla than Wheeler.

The other option would be Sylla with Wszolek and Wheeler either side of him. Does that get more goals?

The 3 man midfield should be set in stone for me.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Well Ollie is paid well to come up with a solution to a problem when it occurs.

All I can say is playing Cousins at RB or wing back has got to go down as one of the worst positional decisions I've ever seen at Qpr, I'm all for players filling in where needed but that is beyond a joke, Watching the bees youngsters turning him inside out was painful.

Petrasso would be an obvious choice for me to play right back.

Granted we are thread bare at the back but we're not scoring either how The original post thinks CW & Mackie should start every game is beyond me, I'd shuffle the forward three completely bring some fresh players in & some new ideas.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:10 pm
Some fair points lala, but who the eff else do we play at the back?

I'd still give Washington and Sylla a proper run together, as a central strike pairing. IMO that is going to get more goals than any other. I agree Washington isn't setting the world alright with goals, but he is ofter outwide - where i actually think he does an ok job. I'd have no issue with the club replacing him, but i think he looks more like a striker to play off Sylla than Wheeler.

The other option would be Sylla with Wszolek and Wheeler either side of him. Does that get more goals?

The 3 man midfield should be set in stone for me.
Yep but not as a 3, 4-2-3-1 all day long for me just like the 2010-11 season under Warnock.

Luongo & Scowen

Winger Freeman winger

Striker

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:37 pm

My selection is based on the fact that there is not a better option.

Yes the team has let in goals-but it is the best line -up we can put out.

If you do not think it is good enough you are right.

But in my opinion -with yes Onuhua playing with that back three- it is the quickest way to 50 points.

Picking any other from the squad is throwing points away.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:44 pm

T-Block wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:37 pm
My selection is based on the fact that there is not a better option.

Yes the team has let in goals-but it is the best line -up we can put out.

If you do not think it is good enough you are right.

But in my opinion -with yes Onuhua playing with that back three- it is the quickest way to 50 points.

Picking any other from the squad is throwing points away.
Fair play we're all entitled to our opinion, let's hope the man that gets paid to pick the team learns quick because he keeps repeating the same mistakes as you say.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:31 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm
Yep but not as a 3, 4-2-3-1 all day long for me just like the 2010-11 season under Warnock.

Luongo & Scowen

Winger Freeman winger

Striker
Completely agree; wingers get crosses in and create chances. Football is a simple game.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:31 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Luongo & Scowen

Winger Freeman winger

Striker
Completely agree; wingers get crosses in and create chances. Football is a simple game.
Considering both Sylla & Smith thrive on crosses and considering we have so many wingers it's a no brainer for me.

Also Freeman needs to be closer to goal with less to do so he can get his shots away, playing him centraly in a forward three would be ideal.

Anyway I went through all of this two months ago & got shot down for even daring to break up the midfield three so we'll leave it as it is, it's working just fine :shock:

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Washington starts because his pace stops the opposition pushing up too far, e.g. When Smith starts.Given all the forwards are not causing the opposition problems we have to work with what they do have
1.washington is ok at creating assista brings others in etc
2.Sylla-gets scraps close to goal
3.Smith Causes problems as a sub-in fact often changes games

Now none good enough to score 15-20 a season so we need to get Mackie to chip in and Pawel to assist.Luongo and Freeman to chip in3-5 a season
Also if you have a lead have a defensive plan B