Observations

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Observations

Post by ANDREW1302 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 am

I was at the game last night [ not watching on tv]. I think many fans have still to understand that we are no longer a Premier League club and are unlikely to be so for a number of years if ever. TF raised everyones expectations and that still lingers on. The truth is IH has done what he said he would, create a team of hard working , never say die individuals. This very much reflects Bircham and him as players. None to skillful but never shirked.The question is can he move on from there. What struck me about Brentford last night is the speed with which they could control and move the ball. And the speed they had throughout the team. The kid with the lousy haircut was like Cookey at his best and something we could really do with. There seems a real lack of pace in our team.

On the players , as often Smithies to the rescue. I sit in the upper Loft and the save in the first half was unreal. Robinson is a new discovery as Hall was a couple of seasons back. Again two goal saving tackles in the first half. Mass seemed to have a bad touch last night. On several occasions he pushed the ball a meter to far ahead of him. And then you have up front. Sylla just seems to get muscled of it. He could be good but he just does not seem to want it enough. Washington, bless his running but he just is not up to it. Everytime he gets in front of goal and shoots it is down the middle. Unless he is poaching i can't see he is at this level.Matt Smith is like a super sub. He seems not be able to do it over 90 mins but he , again, turned the game last night. Cousins i know is out of position but he looks nothing like the Charlton player who was so at ease on the ball.

Overall we are exactly what TF has created a lower Championship side and the sooner some fans except that the better. If we could get some pace into the team , up front especially and someone who can score goals who knows but otherwise accept it and at least enjoy some gutsy performances. It is so much better than watching Wright Phillips etc just take a big wage and not give a stuff.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Observations

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 am
I was at the game last night [ not watching on tv]. I think many fans have still to understand that we are no longer a Premier League club and are unlikely to be so for a number of years if ever. TF raised everyones expectations and that still lingers on. The truth is IH has done what he said he would, create a team of hard working , never say die individuals. This very much reflects Bircham and him as players. None to skillful but never shirked.The question is can he move on from there. What struck me about Brentford last night is the speed with which they could control and move the ball. And the speed they had throughout the team. The kid with the lousy haircut was like Cookey at his best and something we could really do with. There seems a real lack of pace in our team.

On the players , as often Smithies to the rescue. I sit in the upper Loft and the save in the first half was unreal. Robinson is a new discovery as Hall was a couple of seasons back. Again two goal saving tackles in the first half. Mass seemed to have a bad touch last night. On several occasions he pushed the ball a meter to far ahead of him. And then you have up front. Sylla just seems to get muscled of it. He could be good but he just does not seem to want it enough. Washington, bless his running but he just is not up to it. Everytime he gets in front of goal and shoots it is down the middle. Unless he is poaching i can't see he is at this level.Matt Smith is like a super sub. He seems not be able to do it over 90 mins but he , again, turned the game last night. Cousins i know is out of position but he looks nothing like the Charlton player who was so at ease on the ball.

Overall we are exactly what TF has created a lower Championship side and the sooner some fans except that the better. If we could get some pace into the team , up front especially and someone who can score goals who knows but otherwise accept it and at least enjoy some gutsy performances. It is so much better than watching Wright Phillips etc just take a big wage and not give a stuff.
:like
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:23 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 am

Pretty much right Andrew. We're shopping at Aldi these days not Fortnums! It's about keeping the Club's head above water for the next little while and look for slow but steady progress. Meanwhile the Ollie, Les, Hoos haters will learn nothing.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Fortnums is exactly right, over hyped, over priced, poor value!