Deflecting a poor display............

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Deflecting a poor display............

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Shit ref u say, he became famous after Forrest v Newcastle last year i kid you not you coudnt make it up, I actually watched the game & was left gobsmacked at his decisions.

Steve Martin The Staffordshire ref awarded two penalties to Forest, sending off Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett in the process, as nine-man Newcastle were ultimately beaten 2-1 at the City Ground.

Martin failed to give Newcastle United a penalty when Ciaran Clark was hauled to the ground by Matt Mills. Clark later had a goal disallowed, with the referee claiming the Irish defender fouled his marker before heading home.

Steve Martin and penalty's have a history!

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Ad e nuff wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:04 am
The stadium was far from full at KO and it was the most muted game, let alone Derby I've heard in a while. Cant put my finger on why but the atmosphere was not good at any time during the game, other than the last minute!
It's bleedin' obvious, the last 4 performances have been very, very poor.
It was the same vs Villa as well, they sang we were quiet and the performance was again really poor!
Staff Benda Bilili

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:21 am

Giorgio wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 pm
An offside goal and a blatant penalty not given. Add Sylla's hitting the bar and things should have been very different.

Get our defence back on the pitch and we'll be fine.
..a friend sitting in the X Block mentioned one goal being probably offside...from my view in the Upper Loft I did not detect it...
..but I had a clear view on the two pen calls...and the second was pretty evident....shit ref...another shit ref...!!
If you look at Ollie's "apology" in that facebook extract there is a clip of the goal and you can clearly see that Washington is milling about miles offside, but as normal not interfering with play (quite what he IS doing when we are mounting an attack I seriously have no idea) when Freeman runs through from an onside position.

We so desperately need to use the resources we have properly which in attack means Sylla preferably, or Smith, would be told to get in the box at every opportunity and the ball will get played in there - instead we left it until the last 5 minutes or so to play the ball in and create problems for the Brentford defenders who up until then had a fairly easy night.

As has been said, it is a simple game.
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 am

bigbobb wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:21 am
Giorgio wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 pm
An offside goal and a blatant penalty not given. Add Sylla's hitting the bar and things should have been very different.

Get our defence back on the pitch and we'll be fine.
..a friend sitting in the X Block mentioned one goal being probably offside...from my view in the Upper Loft I did not detect it...
..but I had a clear view on the two pen calls...and the second was pretty evident....shit ref...another shit ref...!!
If you look at Ollie's "apology" in that facebook extract there is a clip of the goal and you can clearly see that Washington is milling about miles offside, but as normal not interfering with play (quite what he IS doing when we are mounting an attack I seriously have no idea) when Freeman runs through from an onside position.

We so desperately need to use the resources we have properly which in attack means Sylla preferably, or Smith, would be told to get in the box at every opportunity and the ball will get played in there - instead we left it until the last 5 minutes or so to play the ball in and create problems for the Brentford defenders who up until then had a fairly easy night.

As has been said, it is a simple game.
It worked for Wimbledon for years.