Deflecting a poor display............

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Ad e nuff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Deflecting a poor display............

Post by Ad e nuff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:46 am

Despite a spirited and valiant last 4 minutes of the game, for the previous 90 minutes we were pretty much second best and Brentford fully deserving their 2 goal lead.

Don't get me wrong it was a great end to a poor game, but for Holloway to slag off fans who had paid their hard earned cash to sit and watch such an insipid Derby match that we were being convincingly beaten in is just wrong! The only things you can do is berate your own team (not good) or make a silent protest and walk out (not good, but better than booing your own team).

I'm sure Olly would be quick enough to condemn fans who slag their own players, so why do it to your own fans? It was a shit performance, shit game and until the 94 minuite a shit result, admit we got out of jail and get the teams arses out on the training pitch and sort it.

Holloway and the team were let off the hook by 2 scrambled goals, hopefully he can see it, and sort it because based on current form we are dropping towards that relegation zone. and last nights draw is just papering over the cracks............

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Deflecting a poor display............

Post by old pauline » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 am

That is true but the supporters should see it through, even in bad times. The team isn't playing well but its not surprising that we are down there given the mess we are in. The point put an end to a little losing streak and the supporters should have stayed there until the end to see it through.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:58 am

I thought we were perfectly decent in the first half but faded second. It wasn’t a good performance but was nowhere near as bad as some are making out. I was pretty shocked at how empty the stadium was after the second goal, I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen the stadium like that.

We scored 2 goals in injury time in a game in the Dexter blackstock era, and I’ve never given up hope at 2-0 since. Im amazed people haven’t learned what an unpredictable sport this is, surely it’s half the reason we love it so much?
@kischmusic

Ad e nuff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ad e nuff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:04 am

The stadium was far from full at KO and it was the most muted game, let alone Derby I've heard in a while. Cant put my finger on why but the atmosphere was not good at any time during the game, other than the last minute!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:28 am

Word of advice for Ollie if your team has won a pitiful 2 from its last 13 & picked just a single point all month, the last people u should be starting on is the fans.

Isolate yourself from the fans & eventually it will only end one way.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 am

Need to look at the elements of the team that work - midfield three is as good as we have but, the system we play puts us in difficulty where anyone takes advantage of our current lack of pace in areas.

I know we have injuries but a more pacy left back in Jake Bidwell's current position would help I think.

Holloway needs to decide about his front two - not settling down and he needs to give two of the strikers an extended run and work with them. Might make the ball stick better up front and help with possession.

Think Pawel is a better option down the right, certainly at home games.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 am

....well, Ollie keeps on playing Cousins at RB - clearly out of position - and Mackie....when Pavel coming in showed a lot more
creating a great chance that a proper striker - not Conor W, - would have smashed home for sure....

I hope we can get a real RB soon ...that must be priority n.1 on the next transfer window...

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am

I have to agree about Mackie, just don’t see what he offers any more. There’s a foundation for a good team here though. A good striker and all our defenders fully fit would make all the difference.
@kischmusic

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Hold on hold on.... First half wasn't that bad considering we had virtually no CBs...

Robinson really is a revelation at the moment and could keep someone out when we have a full compliment....

Those goals possibly will keep Ollie in his job a little longer but every manager is only a bad run of games from the sack...

We were lucky yes but we could have scored before they did... Heads were going down...

Leaving before the final whistle?

Done it twice in the last 10 years for personal reasons including the 9 man Chelsea win....

Sat to the bitter end of 6, 5, 4 -0 defeats at home over this time....

Know People who were in the carpark at Derby in 2011 when Mackie salvaged a draw and kept our unbeaten run going...

Well done to the fans who stayed and the players on the pitch.... We could have won it!

Onwards to PNE.... U rssssss
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm
Hold on hold on.... First half wasn't that bad considering we had virtually no CBs...

Robinson really is a revelation at the moment and could keep someone out when we have a full compliment....

Those goals possibly will keep Ollie in his job a little longer but every manager is only a bad run of games from the sack...

We were lucky yes but we could have scored before they did... Heads were going down...

Leaving before the final whistle?

Done it twice in the last 10 years for personal reasons including the 9 man Chelsea win....

Sat to the bitter end of 6, 5, 4 -0 defeats at home over this time....

Know People who were in the carpark at Derby in 2011 when Mackie salvaged a draw and kept our unbeaten run going...

Well done to the fans who stayed and the players on the pitch.... We could have won it!

Onwards to PNE.... U rssssss

I thought Robinson got skinned by Canos all night.... he was easily the best player on the park. Big shout to Matt Smith though - we actually looked dangerous when the big man came on, and a goal plus an assist as a sub is impressive. aniclap

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Is Smith a better starter or impact sub?

Would tiring central defenders want Matty coming on or a pest like Mackie?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm
...Sylla hit the bar, ball was going in a couple of inches below....and it was still 0-0...
then the penalty calls, guess we were 0-1 at that time...the second one especially looked a clear arm deflection
on a shot to goal....

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 pm
Is Smith a better starter or impact sub?

Would tiring central defenders want Matty coming on or a pest like Mackie?
Depends on the defender. However, imo Smith is too immobile to start at this level. He's doing ok off the bench. Mackie is also not a starter at this level anymore.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 pm

An offside goal and a blatant penalty not given. Add Sylla's hitting the bar and things should have been very different.

Get our defence back on the pitch and we'll be fine.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 pm
An offside goal and a blatant penalty not given. Add Sylla's hitting the bar and things should have been very different.

Get our defence back on the pitch and we'll be fine.
..a friend sitting in the X Block mentioned one goal being probably offside...from my view in the Upper Loft I did not detect it...
..but I had a clear view on the two pen calls...and the second was pretty evident....shit ref...another shit ref...!!