Holloway interview after the game

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Holloway interview after the game

Post by Wegerle » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 am

Well done everyone who went to the game on a cold Monday night in November. But...Holloway was completely right. You retract your support when you leave early. Players see empty spaces appear and hear less support when they need it most at the end. The team went for it till the very end and so should our support.

chopper
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by chopper » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:39 am

Totally agree with Ollie. His team is ravished with injuries. We gave up. They didn’t.
"But I don't wanna be like everybody else! That's why I'm a mod, see?" Quadrophenia, 1979

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:08 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:39 am
dbak wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:54 pm
Disgraceful and dig at fans for leaving unacceptable. Did not like that tone at all
Dickhead! Supporters' job is to support. Get over yourself. The tedious people who left early are twats, and should be ashamed. Personally, I'd lock 'em out of HQ.
Yeah. If they're going to bunk off early they they shouldn't get paid.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:14 am

That was a shabby interview? Passion? That wasn't passion, it was a big sulk. "Wah! The first goal was clearly offside". It wasn't clear at all, unless you had the slow motion and the positioning was inch perfect. "Wah! we had a clear penalty turned down." It was a penalty, but in real time it looked 50/50. And scoring it is not a given. "Wah! Lots of poopoohead fans left early." It was a cold Monday night; it was almost certain we had lost; lots had work the next day and leaving then can make a big difference. And let's not forget who are the customers and who is the staff.

I remain a fan of Mr Holloway and hope he's with us for a while longer but, IMHO, that interview was petulant, silly and missed a chance to celebrate.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:12 am

That's the trouble with passion though. It makes you say silly things that you often regret the next morning.

Or so I'm told.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:25 pm
13,410 wow that is disgraceful for a Derby!!

Probably 2-3k of that was Brentford.

Jesus that is poor.
Nowhere near that really, given they count season ticket holders whether they turn up or not. Plenty of empty seats in the upper tier of the away end too.

But as BG says, Monday night, live on Sky, four weeks before Christmas. No great surprise.
Come on guys are we not going to football when it's cold anymore or a month before Christmas? It's not the real reason the turn out was so poor.

3k probably Brentford so we had if u account for season ticket no shows anywhere between 8-10k home supporters.

Shame Ollie didn't mention that most stayed away in the first place due to recent showing on the pitch.

It may have looked empty to him on the 90th min but it was a third empty all nite.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:31 am

Re : Ollies Comments.
If fans had left maybe 10 or 5 minutes before the end, I sort of agree...but they were leaving in the last minutes of a game where up until that point, we only had a few on target. I usually wait till end but have on the occasion started to walk in the last 60 seconds. Reason....fed up of clapping players that hardly ever thank fans etc. Ollie was emotional and maybe should not have come and and blurted that out. Strange rant.

Re: Team ..Thought we played ok. Midfield looks ok...lacking punch up front and exposed on occasions at back...but ok. Cousins is not a right back, but given the injury problems...what else could Ollie do ? Maybe give a few of the youngsters a chance? Been there before and watched youngsters get slaughtered buy the fans.

Re Brentford Manager's comments. Even possession....Game ends when the whistle is blown. Technically....their first goal should have been considered offside...penalty could easily and should have been awarded ....Needs to look at these decisions and then...yes...they were unlucky at end. But...it appeared to even itself up...Although, you could argue that the game could have been different had the first goal been ruled out...His foot was in an offside position and the letter of law says offside naughty .

The positives from the game is that we never gave up. Midfield looks strong but, we need to look at attacking options as we didn;t really look like we had many ideas. Lua Lua looked shocking ( IMO) Smith is a target... Conor just runs into corners.

When did Pavel upset Ollie ?

Dollis Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Dollis Hoop » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 am

I've never left a football match before the end. Ever. Don't understand it. (Nor do I understand people who head for the bar ten minutes before half-time, or come back to their seats ten minutes after the second half has started.)

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:59 am

i started doing the washing up in the last five minutes, so I guess I'm not even an armchair fan anymore...

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:12 am
That's the trouble with passion though. It makes you say silly things that you often regret the next morning.

Or so I'm told.
Hang on, I thought this was a football forum :wink:

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:40 am

Email from Ian Taylor, he said to post on here...
Football, eh! Quite remarkable!

Anyway, I just wanted to touch base in the wake of last night's match and Ian Holloway's subsequent post-match reaction

As we all know, Ollie is an emotional character and - in the heat of the moment after an enthralling local derby - clearly his emotions got the better of him last night

We would like to thank all the fans who stayed to the end and were rewarded with a dramatic finale. And the message we wanted to get across last night is please stick with us to the end to help us get everything we can out of a match

We appreciate that you are spending your hard-earned money and giving up your valued time and your support is greatly valued by the club.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 pm

I think Ollie's point was fundamentally correct about the fans, but he didn't express it particularly well.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Holloway should know better,but he is right.The fans who left gave up on the team on the pitch while the players did not.
A fan supports the team.Leaving before the end is not supporting the team.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:08 pm

I have left early only once. That was against Oxford in April 1986 and I think we were losing 3-0. But, the memory of that is a bit fuzzy. Did that really happen? I am inclined now to think that it was all a bad dream.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:36 pm

I left early after Arsenal scored a third whilst Gus was looking around bewildered