JET 'update'

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: JET 'update'

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:32 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:22 pm
Why is football so different from the 'real world' of employment.

If I sat on my backside and didn't do any work, I would be subject to disciplinary proceedings and finally sacked.

At the forum, it was said he (JET) is not where we want him to be. That means it's down to him, not the club. I think football in general should review it's policies for employee conduct.

It's one thing if you are injured - Onouha, Hall, Perch. It is totally another if you make yourself unavailable - JET Caulker

The club employs them, and pays their wages. If they are physically fit but not available to play - get them doing something else to earn their keep. The toilets will always need cleaning!
The Ellerslie bogs would be a good starting point sick

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:21 pm

True dat... JET should have been there last Saturday on hands and knees cleaning those bogs out,
terrible state they were in!
Staff Benda Bilili

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:21 pm
True dat... JET should have been there last Saturday on hands and knees cleaning those bogs out,
terrible state they were in!
Unlike the pristine, gleaming, marble appointed, shiny brass-bedecked, luxuriously perfumed toilets in the South Africa Road stand !

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:28 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:22 pm
Why is football so different from the 'real world' of employment.

If I sat on my backside and didn't do any work, I would be subject to disciplinary proceedings and finally sacked.

At the forum, it was said he (JET) is not where we want him to be. That means it's down to him, not the club. I think football in general should review it's policies for employee conduct.

It's one thing if you are injured - Onouha, Hall, Perch. It is totally another if you make yourself unavailable - JET Caulker

The club employs them, and pays their wages. If they are physically fit but not available to play - get them doing something else to earn their keep. The toilets will always need cleaning!
Are you tied to your employer for a specific duration with limitations placed on your capacity to find new employment? I notice fans are rarely as concerned with that.

I agree, based on facts we know, JET is a waste of space and the club ballsed up giving him a 3 year contract (maybe it was what was needed and considered a fair gamble on the back of the previous season). But that is football, i'm more concerned by this continuing distinction between mental and physical fitness as if an issue with the former is some sort of feckless attitude.

What evidence do you have Caulker has made himself unavailable? Ignoring the actual decency of it, how easy do you think we will sign players in the future if our response to supporting players with mental health issues is to give them menial tasks - which you clearly perceive cleaning the toilets to be.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:17 pm

You say giving JET a three year contract was bad business but look at Leon Clarke. If we'd got him on an 8 year contract he could have been scoring the goals that could have us sitting in an automatic promotion place now :wink:
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:17 pm
You say giving JET a three year contract was bad business but look at Leon Clarke. If we'd got him on an 8 year contract he could have been scoring the goals that could have us sitting in an automatic promotion place now :wink:
That's such a weird one. Leon Clarke was a typical lower league lump when he was with us. How on earth has he become the Championship's leading goalscorer?