Derby away

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9863
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Bar a few exceptions, this squad has a Div 1 feel about it. Going to be a long winter again unfortunately. IH has a massive job on his hands - hope he's up for it. Don't think anyone else would make a difference either.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 pm

2-0 now. What price 2-3, I'm wondering?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:05 pm

The useless Yeni pulled for that goal machine Washington. Not exactly sending on the calvary, is it?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6092
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Derby away

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:08 pm

The most unbalanced starting XI I can ever remember seeing, I'm struggling really struggling to understand what the f*ck Ollie was thinking.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Not a single shot on target in 1 hour of football - can't we just concede now?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6092
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Derby away

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Brentford just taken both there midfield generals off Woods & Yennaris.

Wonder who they could be keeping those fresh for.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6092
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Derby away

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Not a single shot on target in 1 hour of football - can't we just concede now?
And we started with 5 wingers / attacking midfielders.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9863
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Leaky defence, over-rated midfield and next to useless forwards - what could possibly go wrong? We do try hard mind you. Injuries are obviously a factor, but don't be fooled into thinking it's the main problem. No easy fixes as far as I can see unfortunately.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Now no shots on target after 75 minutes. That's a skill we seem to be really polishing! :(
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm

If Brentford out play us (again), and/or defeat us too easily, much as I like Ian and want him to succeed, that's a bit of writing on the Loftus Road wall for me.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6092
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Derby away

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:35 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm
If Brentford out play us (again), and/or defeat us too easily, much as I like Ian and want him to succeed, that's a bit of writing on the Loftus Road wall for me.
But it's about what could have been expected pre season, we spent zilch. the only gripe I have is the personnel & formation he keeps playing, he doesn't seem to learn.

But there isn't anyone I can think of that is gonna come in & make that much of a difference.

You get what you pay for check Derby's villa's & alike net spend over the last three years, then check the table, it's all relative.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9863
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm
If Brentford out play us (again), and/or defeat us too easily, much as I like Ian and want him to succeed, that's a bit of writing on the Loftus Road wall for me.
Can't see him being under pressure just yet - but he can't afford another six or seven losing streak though. Problem is, I can't see how changing the manager will turn a lot of these players into something they are not.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9863
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Derby away

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:35 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm
If Brentford out play us (again), and/or defeat us too easily, much as I like Ian and want him to succeed, that's a bit of writing on the Loftus Road wall for me.
But it's about what could have been expected pre season, we spent zilch. the only gripe I have is the personnel & formation he keeps playing, he doesn't seem to learn.

But there isn't anyone I can think of that is gonna come in & make that much of a difference.

You get what you pay for check Derby's villa's & alike net spend over the last three years, then check the table, it's all relative.
Is the correct answer. We haven't been mullered which I feared - so a very small positive there. We have a squad that is high in numbers but low in quality. Need to trim it and get rid of those who will never be up for it in this league.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6092
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Derby away

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Damien wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm
If Brentford out play us (again), and/or defeat us too easily, much as I like Ian and want him to succeed, that's a bit of writing on the Loftus Road wall for me.
Can't see him being under pressure just yet - but he can't afford another six or seven losing streak though. Problem is, I can't see how changing the manager will turn a lot of these players into something they are not.
It won't, we didn't strengthen we have injury's & we have a manager that is struggling to prepare a team & get tactics right.

But as you say not a lot the next man is gonna do, I expected a lower bottom half finish & me view hasn't changed.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5060
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: Derby away

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 pm

This is what you get when you have a Director of Football who is unaccountable for crap performances on the pitch - and prevents a proper manager like Warnock from taking over.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests