Interesting Stats

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Interesting Stats

Post by QPR_John » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:58 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:50 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:43 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:39 pm

I've just driven 3hrs so please forgive me but uve lost me John.
Last season JFH was sacked after 16 games with the results as above. Holloways stats after 16 games this season are not that much better
Cheers would the better comparison not be ollies first 16 games incharge full stop or would that be even worse than his 16 games this season :shock:
Better to compare like with like first 16 games of a season allows for a pre season. Holloways first 16 games would not obviously include a pre season

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Too many variables to make it a significantly meaningful comparison really.

JFH had Hall, Chery and Polter at his disposal. ISH has Smith, Scowen and a decimated defence.

JFH concentrated more on not conceding - ISH wants the whole team to play on the front foot.

That's just to name a couple.

Its all subjective really but I'd say we pose more of a threat of picking up point under Ollie
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 pm
Too many variables to make it a significantly meaningful comparison really.

JFH had Hall, Chery and Polter at his disposal. ISH has Smith, Scowen and a decimated defence.

JFH concentrated more on not conceding - ISH wants the whole team to play on the front foot.

That's just to name a couple.

Its all subjective really but I'd say we pose more of a threat of picking up point under Ollie
That's what it's all about, opinions.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 pm
Crabsandwich wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:34 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 pm

I might be old school but surely football is about winning. If given the option of winning or losing but in an entertaining way how many would choose the latter. I've never heard anybody say what a season, relegated but the entertainment was first rate.
That wasn't your question. Your question was, given the goals and points record between JFH and Holloway is almost identical, how can the football be any more exciting? Clearly, the football is better and the games more exciting.
Hardly clearly. Better football you would assume would produce better results.
The football is considerably more entertaining and thus "better" in that respect. The team is still not good enough to translate increased entertainment into increased success but, the Burton game apart, I haven't been bored watching them this season.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 pm

I was at the Wolves game and the football we played was better than anything under JFH. The records may be similar, but JFH would have taken us down with games to spare. IH was brought in to keep us up(admittedly he took his eye of the ball at the end of the season and nearly failed) - and if he can do it this season with a little less drama... then that is mission accomplished again. I've said it many times already that these players are whole - hearted but quite limited. Of course IH is not beyond criticism, and talk at the Fans Forum about five year plans to be in the Premier seem fanciful at best to me, and heap pressure on the manager and team. If we are relegated then all bet's are off regards Olly. We are fortunate to still have a club to support TBH, given the utter ball's - up off the pitch. We are going to lose a lot more games(especially away) - but I have some confidence that we will get enough at LR to keep us safe. I'm probably going to contradict myself here, but we need a couple of wins on the road as well(don't think tomorrow will be one of them mind you). Get 50 + points as quickly as possible and let others fight it out over the last few games. Time for a breath :wink:
Last edited by Damien on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Son of Robin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 am

We are in November, so I suppose it is high time we sacked another manager.

A behaviour now referred to as "Sunderland syndrome" by eminent social scientists.
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/