Eze

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Eze

Post by dm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 am

In case anyone wants to see his goal from yesterday: http://www.skysports.com/football/wycom ... ort/374306

Shocking clearance by the defender but good control and finish from the lad.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:53 am

If he's good enough - he's old enough.

Putting Eze, Shodipo, and even Chair into the starting 11 (not necessarily all at once) would be a risk. As a manager Ian Holloway doesn't take risks. Last time he was with us he stuck to his guns - his tried, tested and failing guns! This time round we are seeing a similar pattern emerge. Already the goal difference stands at -6 and is steadily climbing as is the number of games in which we fail to score (currently 4).

If something isn't working (please don't tell me how we beat Wolves and Sheffield United because we were lucky in both games) and those results papered over the cracks. If it's not working you either tinker with the parts to get them to work better, or you replace with new parts to make improvements.

What have we got to lose?

Talking of parts - the advantage of having Matt Smith in the team is his aerial threat. To get this part working effectively we require wingers crossing the ball for him to attack.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 pm
When is his loan spell over ? He must surely be better than the attacking options currently available to us.
I wasn't aware of any attacking options at Loftus Road.

By the way if we do (as I expect) drop 2 points tomorrow, I would urge Olly
to bring back Eze, re-introduce Shodipo and start taking risks, coz nothing's working at present.
Staff Benda Bilili

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Fully agree on Smith and wingers.

Wasn’t Ollie positive on Chair’s performance in training at the fans forum?

I also think that Eze’s record at Wycombe means he’ll force himself into contention (especially coupled with the fact that our current crop of attackers aren’t pulling up any trees).

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Talk about clutching at straws. The kid seems to have potential but 5 goals in league two does not mean he is the answer to our problems. I wonder how many games he'd be given by the loving fans before he gets slagged off too.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:44 pm

RType wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:19 pm
Talk about clutching at straws. The kid seems to have potential but 5 goals in league two does not mean he is the answer to our problems. I wonder how many games he'd be given by the loving fans before he gets slagged off too.
Straw clutchers and daydream believers wanted - apply QPR FC.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:54 pm

I don't think we're at the straw clutching stage just yet, but if we're still struggling to score come January it would seem strange not to try out a promising player. He's certainly different from what we have and might make some impact.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:16 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:54 pm
I don't think we're at the straw clutching stage just yet, but if we're still struggling to score come January it would seem strange not to try out a promising player. He's certainly different from what we have and might make some impact.

Alan Hansen: "You'll win nothing with kids."

The rest as they say is history.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:13 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 pm
Little use to us I'm afraid.

Ollie's not interested in anything attacking b4 kick off just check out today's bench.
Have you heard Holloway talking about Eze?

If there's any manager that would be prepared to give him a shot its him... He raves about him.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:45 pm

SM wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:13 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 pm
Little use to us I'm afraid.

Ollie's not interested in anything attacking b4 kick off just check out today's bench.
Have you heard Holloway talking about Eze?

If there's any manager that would be prepared to give him a shot its him... He raves about him.
But what about the rest of the attackers / wingers that can barely get a kick..

Wheeler
Wzsolek
B O Samuel
Lua Lua
Chair
Shodipo
Yeni

Not to mention doing the unthinkable & droping he's golden boy Mackie.

What makes u think Eze would be any different?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Holloway loves to big up a youth player to appease the fans, ideally when the player isn't in the squad. He did it with Furlong (and Doughty) last year. He then dropped him after the first poor game. One of Holloway's biggest issues during this tenure is his notion of 'a chance' we're talking about youth-teamers, players making a step-up and struggling players from overseas and ofter they'll get 60 minutes out of the blue then be dropped for ten games. I don't know if it's because as a player he made the absolute most of limited ability, but he seems to take issue with players not being able to impress during bizarre cameos. The contrast between the matchday squad today and last week illustrates that.

As an aside, he treated Shodipo very poorly last season, something i found especially disappointing.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:32 pm

I would leave Eze at Wycombe for the season and let him enjoy his football and development.

To bring him back on the basis that he is our biggest hope for goals might be detrimental to his progress.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:31 am

Get him back and loan them Washington. L2 would suit his ability better, and I'll hazard a guess that Eze will end up replacing him altogether. Absolute pony striker is Conor.