Ollie

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ZENITH R

Re: Ollie

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 pm

My fear for Ian Holloway is that like so many football managers he can't change when things are going wrong. He will probably be thinking we beat Wolves and Sheffield United so if I stick to my guns we should be able to beat anyone in this division.

That ignores the fact that every game is different, and we got a huge slice of luck in beating United.

I think any manager who shows a stubborn streak in team selection and tactics when on a prolonged losing streak pushes himself closer to getting the sack.

It would be a huge mistake to think he was fireproof - there are options out there.

Jamie Mackie is a committed professional who will run through brick walls for the team. He has never been a prolific goal scorer at any point in his career, so starting him week in week out is just plain folly. An impact sub on 70 minutes! Remember Liverpool at home and Blackburn away.

Width, pace and a front two of Washington and Sylla supplied with quality balls from wingers and midfield, represents our best chance of success with the current squad.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:42 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 pm
My fear for Ian Holloway is that like so many football managers he can't change when things are going wrong. He will probably be thinking we beat Wolves and Sheffield United so if I stick to my guns we should be able to beat anyone in this division.

That ignores the fact that every game is different, and we got a huge slice of luck in beating United.

I think any manager who shows a stubborn streak in team selection and tactics when on a prolonged losing streak pushes himself closer to getting the sack.

It would be a huge mistake to think he was fireproof - there are options out there.

Jamie Mackie is a committed professional who will run through brick walls for the team. He has never been a prolific goal scorer at any point in his career, so starting him week in week out is just plain folly. An impact sub on 70 minutes! Remember Liverpool at home and Blackburn away.

Width, pace and a front two of Washington and Sylla supplied with quality balls from wingers and midfield, represents our best chance of success with the current squad.
I don't know about Sylla. A few seemingly fortunate goals and a rather lazy approach doesn't fill me with confidence.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:19 pm

I do believe that in the main we are heading in the right direction...

Tonight was a very bad day at the office though, particularly for Holloway. We're absolutely drowning in injuries, but that team selection tonight was just baffling.

No defence of it whatsoever.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:25 am

SM wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:19 pm
I do believe that in the main we are heading in the right direction...

Tonight was a very bad day at the office though, particularly for Holloway. We're absolutely drowning in injuries, but that team selection tonight was just baffling.

No defence of it whatsoever.
In the nicest possible way SM, when you're exasperated by it, i think we know it's bad.

My biggest worry is today felt like the end of last season, lose a couple of games so throw in some fringe players for 60 odd minutes in a new position, in a new system. I really worry this could be the start of one of those runs, which we can ill afford. I also don't want Holloway's position to be called into question, which it inevitably will if we lose to Brentford.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:13 am

All I can think of is Ollie needs help.

Les Ferdinand should ring up Gerry Francis and get him in as a 2-3 day consultant.

The alternative is new players and we have not the money