Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Post Reply
User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19688
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 pm

... but Luongo was an unused substitute. Shouldn't be too heavy legged on Saturday hopefully.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by QPR1976 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Doesn't get back to London until Saturday according to Olly last week, so very unlikely to feature.
Even allowing for standard football manager exaggeration, a sub at best I think.

But I think Jedinak, who played & got a hat-trick for them is one of theirs, so even less likely to play, I guess. Odomah & Grealish might not be 100% ready to return but worst of all JT is out !

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Can't decide whether the international break was a good or bad thing following the fiasco at Forest, which was as painful (for me) as watching Ireland utterly outclassed by Denmark last night. (We were as bad as the Irish, except we couldn't score one goal, or even properly hit the target, but the parallels between us - two limited, one-paced, goal-shy if hard-working and normally cohesive squads who raised expectations before being badly found out by a team that could just play football and finish - are rather compelling, I find.) Either way, our preps. will hardly have been ideal. I also hope the coaching/management team have taken a good look at themselves too in how they prepared, set us up and (mis)managed the game at the City Ground.

We need a phantom-exorcising, gut-busting performance with a bit of football in it to boot. Let's see which Rangers turns up against Villa and hope JT has a big pain in his reptilian brain by 5.00pm.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 pm
... but Luongo was an unused substitute. Shouldn't be too heavy legged on Saturday hopefully.
For sure - a 24 hour flight round the globe and days of jet lag should be just the ticket for a tiptop performance! :roll:
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by deadendjob » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:28 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 pm
... but Luongo was an unused substitute. Shouldn't be too heavy legged on Saturday hopefully.
For sure - a 24 hour flight round the globe and days of jet lag should be just the ticket for a tiptop performance! :roll:
Having done that flight many times I agree completely. Takes about a week to get your sleep patterns back to normal.
Image

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Whitton

Re: Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by whittonhoop » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 pm

I would imagine the European players try and get into gmt straight after the match

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:49 am

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:28 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 pm
... but Luongo was an unused substitute. Shouldn't be too heavy legged on Saturday hopefully.
For sure - a 24 hour flight round the globe and days of jet lag should be just the ticket for a tiptop performance! :roll:
Having done that flight many times I agree completely. Takes about a week to get your sleep patterns back to normal.
I'd imagine they fly first class, so get a flat bed. It probably makes a big difference

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Aussies qualify for the World Cup finals...

Post by deadendjob » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:49 am
deadendjob wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:28 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm


For sure - a 24 hour flight round the globe and days of jet lag should be just the ticket for a tiptop performance! :roll:
Having done that flight many times I agree completely. Takes about a week to get your sleep patterns back to normal.
I'd imagine they fly first class, so get a flat bed. It probably makes a big difference
Not had jet lag before then? Obviously it'll be lessened than your standard pleb but how it affects your body/ mind remains the same.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 29 guests