You reckon anyone could leave in Jan?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

You reckon anyone could leave in Jan?

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 pm

I have a feeling there will be plenty of £££ flying around in Jan.

Luongo Freeman Smithies if a top six championship side or bottom half premier came in for any of them with a sensible offer could we turn it down??

We did well to keep our squad together in the summer something tells me we might not be so lucky come January.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: You reckon anyone could leave in Jan?

Post by 222gers » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm inclined to agree. We've plenty of dead wood but the ones more likely to leave are the good 'uns that you mention. Fat chance of getting shot of Jet or bloody Caulker.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:25 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Luongo Freeman Smithies if a top six championship side or bottom half premier came in for any of them with a sensible offer could we turn it down??

We did well to keep our squad together in the summer something tells me we might not be so lucky come January.
If you see a vacancy advertised for "Ray of sunshine required" I wouldn't bother applying lala :wink:
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:25 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 pm

If you see a vacancy advertised for "Ray of sunshine required" I wouldn't bother applying lala :wink:
Appologies it just crossed my mind that we did so well to keep our better players I was quite surprised, now the likes of Luongo are really impressing in home games & being nominated for player of the month (can't remember the last time we had one of those) it concerns me that come January teams with money and ambition will come calling.

Anyway forget I mentioned it - Luongo's ours for life not just for Christmas :D

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Just to add to this post, it was brought to my attention at the weekend that QPR refused to allow Matt Ingram to play in the FA Cup tie for Northanpton v Scunthorpe last Saturday.

I further understand that although Ingram is on a season long loan, he can be recalled at any time and I was surprised that he didn't feature for the Cobblers.

Perhaps this could be a sign that Smithies is indeed on the radar of a Prem club and is expected to leave in January, opening up the possibility of Ingram coming back ?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 am

IJM wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 pm
Just to add to this post, it was brought to my attention at the weekend that QPR refused to allow Matt Ingram to play in the FA Cup tie for Northanpton v Scunthorpe last Saturday.

I further understand that although Ingram is on a season long loan, he can be recalled at any time and I was surprised that he didn't feature for the Cobblers.

Perhaps this could be a sign that Smithies is indeed on the radar of a Prem club and is expected to leave in January, opening up the possibility of Ingram coming back ?
lala, have a word with IJM would you please
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:55 am

I don't suppose a cup tied goalkeeper would matter much anyway

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:24 am

I think Caulker will stay so he can benefit from the mental health support we, as his employer, are legally and morally responsible for.

I think we"ll get a decent striker. I dont want a loan though.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:00 am

I don’t think we will listen to sensible offers for our better players but we may get some silly offers for Smithies and maybe Luongo that will be very hard to turn down.
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:12 am

I would put money on Ngbakoto returning to France...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:18 pm

I think he was signed as a Chery replacement but he is a second rate version and a second rate Freeman replacement too. In fact, I seem to remember he had his chance in the no. 10 role but he looked lost there. If it means cutting costs to keep us operating within our means I probably won't even notice if he goes.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 pm

whittonhoop wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:55 am
I don't suppose a cup tied goalkeeper would matter much anyway
:lol: :lol:

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 pm

N'gbakoto hasn't really had a consistent opportunity to adapt and find form. We can't sign players from overseas and expect them all to hit the ground running. That said, it would be hard to argue for his regular inclusion in the current side.

I was surprised no one came in for Smithies in the Summer and i suspect the club were to. I'd imagine they've been eyeing up getting a decent fee for him. That said, i'd imagine it more likely he'll go in the summer.

I can't see us signing a decent striker unless we get very fortunate and take a successful punt on someone from the lower leagues or overseas.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 am
IJM wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 pm

lala, have a word with IJM would you please
Sorry don't understand your comment Bear-Grills, please explain. Thank you.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 pm

If we don't sign a decent striker, I would say we're accepting a lower half finish and even a possible relegation scrap, especially if we have any significant injuries.

Ngbakoto is welcome to leave in January, as far as I'm concerned. If we got a good offer from a club that was going places for Luongo, I imagine we'd take it too, and he might well want to go anyway. It'd be disappointing, but not the end of the world.

I would like to see Shodipo back in a Rangers shirt sooner rather than later. Elsewhere, It seems to be acceptable to the club that JET can train (presumably), be excluded a priori from matchday squads, and still be paid/called a professional footballer - staggering and infuriating, but we have plenty of form here. Ditto Caulker, and it seems, LuaLua of late. If or when Osayi-Samuel reappears is anyone's guess, but Ollie has a mental block, it seems to me, about playing with wingers or even width. (A bit of a problem when you have immobile/non-scoring/uncreative hulks like Smith and Wahdington to service, but what do I know?)

We do need to do a little bit of business, I think, and I hope we have a couple of deals lined up.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star