You reckon anyone could leave in Jan?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: You reckon anyone could leave in Jan?

Post by nic » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:06 pm

I think you are kidding yourself if you think that any of our midfielders would be attractive to a side in the prem. Not enough quality and in most cases not physically up to it. I can see another championship side coming in, but even then no one in the automatic positions. Don’t get me wrong, I like our current midfield but they work as a unit. As individuals they are not outstanding. Hence the fact we are not in the top half of the league ... I can’t see anyone offering more than a million for any of them.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 pm

IJM wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 am
IJM wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 pm
Just to add to this post, it was brought to my attention at the weekend that QPR refused to allow Matt Ingram to play in the FA Cup tie for Northanpton v Scunthorpe last Saturday.

I further understand that although Ingram is on a season long loan, he can be recalled at any time and I was surprised that he didn't feature for the Cobblers.

Perhaps this could be a sign that Smithies is indeed on the radar of a Prem club and is expected to leave in January, opening up the possibility of Ingram coming back ?
lala, have a word with IJM would you please
Sorry don't understand your comment Bear-Grills, please explain. Thank you.
I was taking the micky out of lala that he was not being a "ray of sunshine" in suggesting that some of our players may be on the move in January, he responded by pretending remorse, then you mentioned Smithies potential departure, so I "asked" the remorseful lala to set you straight. A convoluted joke that loses much with the passage of time and alcohol - but not a dig at you in any way I hasten to add.

For the record I fear that our better players may become targets, but that we will try and hold on to them. If we really are due a £40m FFP fine we might as well keep them and go down fighting as we won't make much of a dent in it anyway with any likely sums generated by player sales.

Rage against the dying of the light...
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 pm
IJM wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 am

lala, have a word with IJM would you please
Sorry don't understand your comment Bear-Grills, please explain. Thank you.
I was taking the micky out of lala that he was not being a "ray of sunshine" in suggesting that some of our players may be on the move in January, he responded by pretending remorse, then you mentioned Smithies potential departure, so I "asked" the remorseful lala to set you straight. A convoluted joke that loses much with the passage of time and alcohol - but not a dig at you in any way I hasten to add.

For the record I fear that our better players may become targets, but that we will try and hold on to them. If we really are due a £40m FFP fine we might as well keep them and go down fighting as we won't make much of a dent in it anyway with any likely sums generated by player sales.

Rage against the dying of the light...
Thanks for the clarity BG, I didn't take it as a personal dig at all, so no probs there.

Goodness knows what's going to happen to the FFP, best not think too deeply about that at present, but as you say any sales of players won't come close to even making a small a small dink in to the fine suggested.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:10 am

SM wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:12 am
I would put money on Ngbakoto returning to France...
An ITK sauce or just speculation?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:40 am

nic wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:06 pm
I think you are kidding yourself if you think that any of our midfielders would be attractive to a side in the prem. Not enough quality and in most cases not physically up to it. I can see another championship side coming in, but even then no one in the automatic positions. Don’t get me wrong, I like our current midfield but they work as a unit. As individuals they are not outstanding. Hence the fact we are not in the top half of the league ... I can’t see anyone offering more than a million for any of them.
Disagree with all of the above tbh.
If any one of Luongo Scowen & Freeman was taken out of the trio and put into an even better midfield why wouldn't they be just as affective?
Regarding money & the 1m valuation on each no chance, Smithies & Luongo would go for decent money I'm sure both have & are on many clubs radar.

The money in football added to the desperation to survive or get promoted = inflated out of control ludicrous transfer fee's.

Tbh a friend of mine who spoke to a few important people in the players lounge said Scowen & Smithies are really happpy at rangers, im more concerned with Luongo & Freeman both 25 & both shit hot.

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by nic » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 pm

They would look a bit better in a better team of course. But they are not good enough to get there. No one wanted Freeman etc when we picked them up. Our recent from will not have changed that.

I agree on Smithies - I was only talking about the midfield. I don’t know any fans in the division that want one of our midfielders and I would be surprised if the same was not true of the managers.