Nottingham Forest vs QPR

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Nottingham Forest vs QPR

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm
Damien wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:26 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 pm
We put 5 past forest at home recently & it wouldn't surprise me if we done them at home this season.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we are comprehensively beaten away at Wolves & Sheff Utd.

Home and Away a? Same size pitch same amount of players same ball but totally different performances / result against the same opposition.
It's a real "elephant in the room" alright, and I'm not sure anyone at the club is prepared to admit it. Time for some psychology training?
Same story for the last 10 years, crumble like digestive biscuits when playing away from HQ.
Yesterday was slightly disturbing at the defensive collapse - do QPR have a defensive coach?
Could Clint Hill be co-opted to sort this out?
Curtis Fleming is the defensive coach. I don't think Clint Hill could make Alex Baptiste or Joel Lynch any faster, and that's what did for us yesterday. I don't think anyone should be losing their shit over getting beat at the City Ground. How long did Fool'em go without winning an away game in recent years? it will sort itself out over time.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 pm

...with a squad woefully short on pace?
And a question I raised a few days ago what's happened to Bright Osayi-Samuel?
Benchwarmer? Injured? He does have pace!
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:52 pm

That may be a good question for the next fans forum. He hasn't played at any level for the club yet AFAIK.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:52 pm
That may be a good question for the next fans forum. He hasn't played at any level for the club yet AFAIK.
Didn't he come on against Burton?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:26 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:52 pm
Didn't he come on against Burton?
You're right, he came on at half time, I had forgotten :oops:

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 pm

I was also wondering what's happened to Lua Lua - who would surely have been a real weapon off the bench yesterday to try to lift our lo-energy, listless and lethargic showing. (As Mackie showed yesterday with his second head-in the-hands bad miss from point blank range in two games, this time with the wrong side of his head, if Jamie is the answer, I fear you're asking the wrong question!)

Our lack of speed, incisiveness and meaningful width yesterday were just three glaring features of a piss-poor day at the office all round, while their diminutive McKay danced us to shreds coming in from the left every time he got the ball on our now clearly vulnerable right side. Smith was about as much use as the Leaning Tower of Pisa when he came on for the anonymous Sylla, though if you're just going to hit 40 yard balls at his head as hard as possible and hope for thrills and spills, you probably won't get very far. Washington was, well, just Washington. If Freeman pulled a single string all afternoon, I must have missed the twang. Despite his embarrassing culpability for the fourth goal, Baptiste, Robinson and notably Lynch, blocked off at least two or three more potential strikes, but they just played through our lines like hot knives through butter, and, after our flattering-to-deceive first quarter of an hour when we were bright and bustling, looked a clear cut above us all over the park. It could have been six or seven, while you couldn't see us scoring, or even fashioning a meaningful chance, if we'd played all goddamn night.

For me, two inspiring steps forward with the previous two games, but now most definitely three back. This team is hard-working, honest and reasonably cohesive, but slow, goal-shy and, on yesterday's showing, way way too predictable. In a word, mediocrity is our middle name right now. They were quicker of feet and quicker of thought all over the pitch, and we looked a league below them. Suck it up, dotorgers.

Hats off to Forest, however, for producing a splendid Stan-led programme, with a picture of the Man on the cover. I also enjoyed staying at Don Masson's B & B (The Grange) just outside Nottingham - who, I can report, is still slim, fit and in fine fettle at the age of 72. (How we could do with someone who could pick a pass like him right now!)
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 pm
...with a squad woefully short on pace?
And a question I raised a few days ago what's happened to Bright Osayi-Samuel?
Benchwarmer? Injured? He does have pace!
Agreed, i'm not clamouring for his inclusion as a starter yet. But having genuine pace on the bench would be a real plus at the moment. We have nothing. Smith might get on the end of something, and has done pretty well with late goals, but too often seems happy just to connect and it feels like playing with ten men. Mackie might force someone into a mistake but hasn't really got the pace. His finishing is particularly poor at the moment, which is a shame. I think we'd all like Mackie to do well. N'gbakoto is a decent player but doesn't really have a spark of magic like we had hoped. Lua Lua has disappeared, possibly due to the sad loss of his father, regardless he's yet to impress me. I don't want us all to pin our hopes and pile the pressure on BOS, but quick lad with something to prove seems as good as it's going to get.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Not wishing to appear harsh but LusLua's bereavement was a while ago now. When my parents died I was back at work in a few days as I found it helped rather than brooding. Still, I guess we're all different.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Not to attempt to belittle your own personal grief but, as you say, we all handle it differently. Look what happened with Samba Diakité; being in a foreign country obviously didn't help either. I lost my step daughter suddenly last Christmas and in the immediate period I didn't even want to travel down to QPR for the games and whenI eventually did a month or so later I was all ready to turn around and drive back as I couldn't face seeing all the familiar faces inside the ground but, thanks to Joe & Kath Hilton who sat outside the ground for about 20-30 mins talking to me I bit the bullet and went in and faced it. I still haven't come to terms with what happened and I'm not even sure whether I will bother going to our home game with Bristol City yet. Losing my parents was one thing, it is the natural order but I am really struggling with this as I nearly lost my sister in a bad fall a couple of days after the DiL's death and the whole period around Christmas is building up on me.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 pm

You're spot on Esox. You know your parents are going to die one day and there is an inevitability to it that helps with getting through it all. Losing younger loved ones is unexpected and more of a shock.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm
Not to attempt to belittle your own personal grief but, as you say, we all handle it differently. Look what happened with Samba Diakité; being in a foreign country obviously didn't help either. I lost my step daughter suddenly last Christmas and in the immediate period I didn't even want to travel down to QPR for the games and whenI eventually did a month or so later I was all ready to turn around and drive back as I couldn't face seeing all the familiar faces inside the ground but, thanks to Joe & Kath Hilton who sat outside the ground for about 20-30 mins talking to me I bit the bullet and went in and faced it. I still haven't come to terms with what happened and I'm not even sure whether I will bother going to our home game with Bristol City yet. Losing my parents was one thing, it is the natural order but I am really struggling with this as I nearly lost my sister in a bad fall a couple of days after the DiL's death and the whole period around Christmas is building up on me.
Sorry to hear that, all sounds extremely tragic. As you say everyone deals with bereavement differently and playing football in front of several thousand people is somewhat different to getting back to doing the books. He may of course be injured or just out of form.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Very humbled to hear of the personal circumstances that might prohibit playing.

Still doesn't explain Osayi-Samuel's absence, I've a horrible feeling it's another
personality clash with Ollie, I really hope I'm wrong though.

Echoing above, we're very predictable and mediocre, must be some kinda plan to
inject pace and rise the quality of personnel, not easy I know but can't carry on like this.
Staff Benda Bilili

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm

For my sins I live not too far from Nottingham and occasionally work in the city. I therefore come into contact with a lot of Forest fans, many of them season ticket holders.

What I am hearing consistently is: "That is the best we have played all season." That of course is scant consolation.

On Saturday my worst fears were realised. It would be a no show from my team and Forest would be at their best.

:(
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:04 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm
For my sins I live not too far from Nottingham and occasionally work in the city. I therefore come into contact with a lot of Forest fans, many of them season ticket holders.

What I am hearing consistently is: "That is the best we have played all season." That of course is scant consolation.

On Saturday my worst fears were realised. It would be a no show from my team and Forest would be at their best.

I'm fairly sure one of Nostradamus's quatrains predicted that the rangers of the Queen's park would never defeat the men of the trees in their own demesne, or somesuch
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:04 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm fairly sure one of Nostradamus's quatrains predicted that the rangers of the Queen's park would never defeat the men of the trees in their own demesne, or somesuch
What did he say about beating Brentford or Fulham live on Sky, coz we got that coming up end of the month.