A Little perspective

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

A Little perspective

Post by T-Block » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Yes,two good wins.But also important that we played well against Sunderland and Bolton.With better finishing we could have won those games as well.
However remember Wolves could have won on Saturday and probably deserved a draw.It is a close call to say Rangers deserved the win.In truth there was not much it.Last night Sheffield Utd looked the better team,had more possession-Rangers defended well but were lucky.
All 1-0 wins involve a bit of luck.These wins were the result of decent performances going back 5-6 games-they did not happen overnight

However having said that our defence is playing well and deserve all the plaudits they get.Given our injuries they have taken every opportunity and really risen to the challenge.The midfield are good.Very good for this division. Luongo is probably the best midfielder in this division.

So we are not far away...

We can only encourage our forwards -as the crowd pleasingly did last night.Back to the training ground and improve.Work hard practicing.
As fans, given our financial situation, we cannot expect ready made buys.All we can do is encourage and not discourage

So Mr Ian Holloway and the team -Well done and keep going cos you never know.

Ps please win at Forest cos it is the only away game I go to each year

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Re: A Little perspective

Post by wrinklyhoop » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Well said T Block - good perspective on where we are. Forest away surely has to be a must see for our away support. Can you imagine how you'd feel if (when) we finally win there and you missed it :shock:

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:16 pm

wrinklyhoop wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 pm
Well said T Block - good perspective on where we are. Forest away surely has to be a must see for our away support. Can you imagine how you'd feel if (when) we finally win there and you missed it :shock:
That'd be me then :-( Have a celebratory IPA in the TBI and slap up fish supper in Georges Tradition for me. I'm sure I would get over before I die if we do eventually win there and I miss it. :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:48 pm

I think we should keep things in perspective if only because R's history tells us that the journey to the sunlit uplands will be liberally strewn with cowpats.

Regarding luck, I'll admit the goal last night was the result of luck i.e.. the ball falling literally to Sylla's feet - albeit he was there making things difficult. But apart from that I don't think we've been more "lucky" than our opponents recently e.g. we hit the post against Wolves and went close on one or two other occasions, and they had their chances too but didn't take them so it swings and roundabouts for me.

If you leave the ground thinking "how the f*ck did we get away with that" then we were probably lucky, but I've not felt that for a long while now.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 pm

T-Block wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:44 pm
Yes,two good wins.But also important that we played well against Sunderland and Bolton.With better finishing we could have won those games as well.
However remember Wolves could have won on Saturday and probably deserved a draw.It is a close call to say Rangers deserved the win.In truth there was not much it.Last night Sheffield Utd looked the better team,had more possession-Rangers defended well but were lucky.
All 1-0 wins involve a bit of luck.These wins were the result of decent performances going back 5-6 games-they did not happen overnight

However having said that our defence is playing well and deserve all the plaudits they get.Given our injuries they have taken every opportunity and really risen to the challenge.The midfield are good.Very good for this division. Luongo is probably the best midfielder in this division.

We can only encourage our forwards -as the crowd pleasingly did last night.Back to the training ground and improve.Work hard practicing.
As fans, given our financial situation, we cannot expect ready made buys.All we can do is encourage and not discourage

Freeman has six assists this season joint highest in the division, i reckon he's just as important as Mass.

And as for being lucky or fortunate against wolves & Sheff Utd, it works both ways how Millwall took a point off us that night I'll never know.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:36 pm

I don't think any seasoned QPR fan is going to lack perspective.

However I think we have been playing better than our results have shown up till now and it's good to see that good play now manifesting itself in results.

It's amazing to think that some were calling for Holloway's head just a couple of weeks ago.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:36 pm

However I think we have been playing better than our results have shown up till now and it's good to see that good play now manifesting itself in results.

It's amazing to think that some were calling for Holloway's head just a couple of weeks ago.
That's how shallow us as fans can be (me included), lose the next four on the spin & the swords will be sharpened again.

To be fair though prior to the two victorys we hadn't won in seven & picked up a pitiful 5 points from 21 available so it's understandable there was a grumble or two.

Personally with our current side & Ollie incharge I think we are capable of beating anyone & stringing 3 or 4 wins together, unfortunately I also think we are capable of loosing to anyone & going long periods without winning as proven for large parts of Sep & Oct.

Never a dull moment that's for sure under Ollie, I'll take that all day long compared to the last regime JFH.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 pm

T-Block wrote:
Yes,two good wins.
However remember Wolves could have won on Saturday and probably deserved a draw
Last night Sheffield Utd looked the better team
..well as I can agree that Wolves could have taken one point, I don't really see how Sheffield were the better team yesterday...
They made plenty of mistakes till talking with the guys around me we were surprised that they could be so high in the league....
did not show it...whereas Wolves had been a step above them...

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 pm
T-Block wrote:

Freeman has six assists this season joint highest in the division, i reckon he's just as important as Mass.

And as for being lucky or fortunate against wolves & Sheff Utd, it works both ways how Millwall took a point off us that night I'll never know.
Until they went down to 10 I couldn't see us getting anything, but we did keep pressing right to the death -and could have snatched it- which is a very pleasant development with this current side.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 pm
QPR-NI wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:36 pm

That's how shallow us as fans can be (me included), lose the next four on the spin & the swords will be sharpened again.

To be fair though prior to the two victorys we hadn't won in seven & picked up a pitiful 5 points from 21 available so it's understandable there was a grumble or two.

Personally with our current side & Ollie incharge I think we are capable of beating anyone & stringing 3 or 4 wins together, unfortunately I also think we are capable of loosing to anyone & going long periods without winning as proven for large parts of Sep & Oct.

Never a dull moment that's for sure under Ollie, I'll take that all day long compared to the last regime JFH.
We hadn't won in 7 but we were playing well and creating more chances than we have in years. We just needed a bit of luck for the belief to flood the team.

Hopefully that's the way it will continue.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 pm
T-Block wrote:

Until they went down to 10 I couldn't see us getting anything, but we did keep pressing right to the death -and could have snatched it- which is a very pleasant development with this current side.
I agree but they were dirty all game it was part of there game plan so the red card was there own fault.

We had 31 shots on goal that night & converted 2.

As I say I still don't know how we didn't win the match.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Glad there is perspective, United were the better team last night and I can clearly see
why they're at the top end of this league.
We were gallant and battled well but we lack overall quality and a cutting edge.

By the way have we brought Osayi-Samuel as a bench warmer?
Staff Benda Bilili

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:07 pm
Glad there is perspective, United were the better team last night and I can clearly see
why they're at the top end of this league.
We were gallant and battled well but we lack overall quality and a cutting edge.

By the way have we brought Osayi-Samuel as a bench warmer?
We matched them, we weren't lucky - though the goal was a bit flukey

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm
I agree but they were dirty all game it was part of there game plan so the red card was there own fault.

We had 31 shots on goal that night & converted 2.

As I say I still don't know how we didn't win the match.
They were a bit "industrial" I agree. I think the team we have out at the moment wouldn't be so easy to bully though :)

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:00 pm

It's all a matter of opinion but I don't think Wolves deserved a point. They were outplayed for most of the match despite a bit of slick passing in midfield. Had they won the game then I would've been seriously cised orf. Fair result IMO.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare