A Little perspective

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: A Little perspective

Post by T-Block » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:25 am

It is important that as fans we do not delude ourselves.In the Sheffield Utd game it was clear that the midfield and defence were told to get the ball forward at every opportunity as SU team plan was to push up to limit space in midfield so Rangers changed from getting the ball down and playing to humping it forward towards Sylla and Washington.Holloway and crew clearly took the view that this was a better route than trying to outplay them as they are the finished article side,ie they have forwards who will take 1 chance in 3 say.

Unfortunately while our midfield is a s good as them our forwards are not.Hard choice and Holloway etc are better at this than me.

So Sheffield Utd looked better.Rangers chose to play another way.

It is abit like judging a Mourhino team when he does his not pretty but maximum points.Well done Ian!

Having said this,on balance Sheffield Utd appear,at this moment in time, appear (in my opinion) a better team than Rangers.

Especially that tall mid-fielder 7?.Good manager as well really impressed.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:51 pm

I agree with that but I thought we dealt with them very well and nullified their transitions from defence to attack very well. I only attend home games but Ollie has pretty much been on the money tactically against all the teams we have played at home. Its debatable whether Washington or Mackie are viable options when we have gone for the ball playing approach but Ollie's hands are obviously tied in that respect. The only team that has outwitted us was Brentford but you have to take into account that our team was thrown together for that one and consequently not well enough prepared to deal with Brentford's attacks down our wings.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:39 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:25 am
Especially that tall mid-fielder 7?
John Lundstram; the player I hoped QPR would sign when we were shoppingfor midfileders. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Yep, and don't think Lundstram cost that much in the end either - talk seemed to be in the million plus bracket but think the fee was a lot less.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:58 am

Talking mids, what ever happened to young Manning? He was excellent last season but he has barely featured this season :(
Appreciate Scowen, Freeman and Mass have been great, but I would've expected him to be playing more.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:39 am

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:58 am
Talking mids, what ever happened to young Manning? He was excellent last season but he has barely featured this season :(
Appreciate Scowen, Freeman and Mass have been great, but I would've expected him to be playing more.
He came on 2nd half against Sheff Utd, didn't do much but is back in the fray
which is good.
Staff Benda Bilili