Our makeshift defence

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Our makeshift defence

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Montag wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:01 pm
If it ain't broke then don't fix it!!
Could be tricky though as Ned is captain.

Come on you must have missed his calamaty cock ups. he would have had enough under his belt by now to make a Xmas DVD.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:35 am

I'd be interested in the views of actual attendees at HQ in recent weeks as to the apparent weakness down our right defensive flank, as shown by Sheff U's two dangerous forays in the first half that led to goal-scoring opportunities, and Wolves' deep penetration right to the byline (when no-pace Baptiste was outpaced), which led to their goal. Others seem to have pinpointed that Cousins, in a right midfield role, was being targeted there on Tuesday, but are there further issues with our shape/solidity for the coaching staff to address, especially when we play a back three?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 am

I, and a fair number around me in MU feel that it is Cousins. He is just back from injury and laying in the wrong position, of course he he isn't going to shine there. He has pulled out of a few tackles too but, IMO, that is understandable given his injury. In summary, Cousins has been poor but I don't hold him entirely to blame. If it is just Holloway trying to shoehorn him in somewhere at Darnell's expense then shame on him.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Playing a wing-back system is going to give the opposition a chance to get in behind, hopefully the 3rd CB is able to snuff out the danger. I'd have Wszołek and Furlong ahead of Cousins in that role IMO. I know Pav hasn't been great, but i'd still persevere with him.