Mass Luongo...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Mass Luongo...

Post by SM » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 am

How good was he yesterday? :shock:

Phenomenal performance.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Mass Luongo...

Post by Giorgio » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:27 am

...I did not realize it from the Loft, but the first goal is much of his merit, for tackling successfully and getting the ball back to Conor
that then was fast and at last showed some of the killing instinct I love in a striker....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:55 am

With the excellent performances our midfield threesome consistently produce, the club may well have to make new offers to keep hold of them this coming January.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:44 pm

We may not be able to turn down any offers for our players in January given the turn of events this week. Be an absolute tragedy if it happens, but the survival of the club must come first.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 pm

The midfield three were excellent again, I really hope they have it in them to do it again in just over 48 hours. Additionally, well done Ollie for implementing that unit. We generally made the Wolves midfield look quite pedestrian which was quite an achievement given their price tag. That said, I don't think Wolves will finish top six. I don't think they're the finished article in terms of their Roberto Martinez style Swansea football by a long stretch of the imagination.
Come on you Sooopa ........

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:55 pm

He's our best player, freeman is our most talented, but Mass makes us tick.

Finally, with some players around him we see how good he is, long overdue.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Nice to see players being given the opportunity to gel together - decent players like Mad have been amongst our ranks but chop and change not helped.

Kett_Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Kett_Ranger » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 am

SM wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 am

Phenomenal performance.
Player of the season so far for me Saf.
Beaten Kidney cancer and now lymphoma cancer - officially in remission - time to enjoy life once again!

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 am

Kett_Ranger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 am
SM wrote:

Phenomenal performance.
Totally agree.

Always felt he was capable - but great to see him running games from midfield now. That three of him, Scowen and Freeman is a match for anyone.

Massive credit to IH. To add both Scowen and Freeman for under £1m is astounding business.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Kett_Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Kett_Ranger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:25 am

SM wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 am
Kett_Ranger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 am
SM wrote:

Phenomenal performance.
Totally agree.

Always felt he was capable - but great to see him running games from midfield now. That three of him, Scowen and Freeman is a match for anyone.

Massive credit to IH. To add both Scowen and Freeman for under £1m is astounding business.
I look forward to watching our midfield in every game. Their ball retention is a joy to watch. As you say Saf, £1m for the three is nothing short of incredible business in these over inflated transfer fee times we're in. Fingers crossed our scouts can unearth a few more rough diamonds out there.
Beaten Kidney cancer and now lymphoma cancer - officially in remission - time to enjoy life once again!

waynes tash
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by waynes tash » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:03 pm

Mate in Aus sent this...

Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo has credited being appointed QPR captain as a major factor in his excellent recent performances.

With the win-or-bust two-legged World Cup qualifier against Honduras taking place later this month, Australia coach Ange Postecoglou will be buoyed by Luongo's displays in the English Championship.

Despite his strong club form, the 25-year-old was left out of the starting line-up for the two matches against Syria last month.

However, with Melbourne Victory's Mark Milligan suspended for the first leg against Honduras on November 11, Luongo, and fit-again Mile Jedinak, could be in line for recalls for Australia's biggest two matches since the 2015 Asia Cup final.

Luongo has been boldly dubbed the best midfielder outside the Premier League by QPR boss Ian Holloway and was instrumental in this week's wins against league leaders Wolves and Sheffield United.

The Sydneysider has progressed from an attack-minded playmaker at Swindon into a central midfield general, thriving with the responsibility of captaincy after deputising for Nedum Onouha who's sidelined with a ruptured hamstring.

Luongo had never skippered a team at any level and admits he was taken aback when he was given the news by Holloway.

"At first it was a bit daunting," Luongo told QPR's official Loftcast podcast.

"My first proper game was Middlesbrough away and I didn't know what type of person I could be as a captain ... I didn't want to be false.

"I have learned a lot from Nedum. He knows my strengths and he has reassured me that I didn't have to change who I am as a player or what I do before a game.

"We have boys who will get people up ... that are loud in and in your face. I'd like to be the person that when I play well the team plays well.

"If I can lead in that way I am happy."

After a mixed start to his career at Loftus Road, since arriving in 2015, Luongo is enjoying a breakout season with his side just two points off the top six following Tuesday's 1-0 win over Sheffield United.

Despite being well settled in west London, Luongo is striving to play in the Premier League and said that desire is rubbing off on his teammates.

"I want to get better. I am almost selfish about it," he said.

"If you're not pulling your weight, I am not going to get to where I want to be.

"Everyone is on that page, The better he does the better I do.

"I may stay in the Championship for the rest of my life, you don't know. I might be at a place where I think I can do better.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:31 pm

starting to resemble Venables on the pitch a little to me...
If we do end up selling someone in January, then I hope we make some money!