Yam Yams are coming

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Yam Yams are coming

Post by Stans left foot » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:49 am

Obvious post, Wolves next week.

There's no doubt this is going to be tough and I'm not expecting much by way of points from the game.

Wolves are a club ready for the Premiership, debt free until being sold to a Chinese outfit they've invested the best part of £20M on players for this season, Neves being the stand out acquisition. A really tough challenge.

However the game could be a good benchmark for us. OK, we've not won recently but away performances have been steady and developing. ( I don't subscribe to playing teams in the lower half/near bottom are easy - in most cases they are just as hard )

For any of us having endured the hurt over the last 20+ years of waiting for a Langley to come through, well at last we have the signs that a few of our youngsters looking viable first teamers, so some positives. For a club like ours this is the only way.

Remember, most of us agreed this season would be one of stability and development. Here's hoping. Survival is the key and remain in the League.

( although I'm still pissed off at the team selection for that Brentford Cup game aniwall - I should let it go really )

You RRRrrrss etc
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Yam Yams are coming

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 am

I think a point from that game would be OK.
We need strikers to emerge from the youth ranks.

I remember Wright and Bright @ Palace emerging and firing them onwards, that's what we need.

strikers are what we most need at Loftus Road right now.
Staff Benda Bilili

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:49 am
Obvious post, Wolves next week.

There's no doubt this is going to be tough and I'm not expecting much by way of points from the game.

Wolves are a club ready for the Premiership, debt free until being sold to a Chinese outfit they've invested the best part of £20M on players for this season, Neves being the stand out acquisition. A really tough challenge.

However the game could be a good benchmark for us. OK, we've not won recently but away performances have been steady and developing. ( I don't subscribe to playing teams in the lower half/near bottom are easy - in most cases they are just as hard )

For any of us having endured the hurt over the last 20+ years of waiting for a Langley to come through, well at last we have the signs that a few of our youngsters looking viable first teamers, so some positives. For a club like ours this is the only way.

Remember, most of us agreed this season would be one of stability and development. Here's hoping. Survival is the key and remain in the League.

( although I'm still pissed off at the team selection for that Brentford Cup game aniwall - I should let it go really )

You RRRrrrss etc
Yowm better not let 'em hear you taking the pi$$ out of the way they speak. I actually enjoy most of the accents from around the country apart from Estuary. Older people sound better I feel.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:20 am

Yep, agree, worked for nearly 5 years out of Tipton and some of the nicest people around

Actually the Yam Yam reference came form my Wolves ST mate, he said it !! On a wider front this is go g to be a tough game and although Wolves didn't play well against Preston they still won - just.

Here's hoping our guys have their shooting boots on.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:37 am

Why can’t we get a Chinese billionaire to buy us, instead of an incompetent fool who wets himself when we get a goalless draw at home to mighty Burton Albion.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:20 am
Yep, agree, worked for nearly 5 years out of Tipton and some of the nicest people around

Actually the Yam Yam reference came form my Wolves ST mate, he said it !! On a wider front this is go g to be a tough game and although Wolves didn't play well against Preston they still won - just.

Here's hoping our guys have their shooting boots on.
From what I saw the officials appeared to favour the home side, soft penalty and all that. I thought Preston deserved a draw.
Question everything.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:48 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:37 am
Why can’t we get a Chinese billionaire to buy us, instead of an incompetent fool who wets himself when we get a goalless draw at home to mighty Burton Albion.
What would be the benefit of a Chinese billionaire owner with FFP in place ? Our current owner is sticking with it despite being outrageously insulted on social media and displaying patience in getting the club on a firm footing.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

222gers wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:48 am
Albert Steptoe wrote:
What would be the benefit of a Chinese billionaire owner with FFP in place ? Our current owner is sticking with it despite being outrageously insulted on social media and displaying patience in getting the club on a firm footing.

Agree

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am
222gers wrote:
Albert Steptoe wrote:

Agree
Thanks John, hope I can remember my way to Loftus Rd on Saturday.......it's been a while !

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:15 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am
222gers wrote:

Agree
Thanks John, hope I can remember my way to Loftus Rd on Saturday.......it's been a while !
I've got my sat nav

Libertine
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Libertine » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 am

I remember Wright and Bright @ Palace emerging and firing them onwards, that's what we need.

Wright was signed from non league and Bright was signed from Leicester. Palace were his third professional club.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Libertine wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:16 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:

Wright was signed from non league and Bright was signed from Leicester. Palace were his third professional club.
Surely we can (and have) sign another hungry non-league player, that's where our business model is at the moment isn't it?
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 pm
Libertine wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:16 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:

Surely we can (and have) sign another hungry non-league player, that's where our business model is at the moment isn't it?
How many players have come out of non-league football in recent years? Austin, Vardy, Gray? It certainly happens but it's rare and a bit tough on the club to blame them for not unearthing talent that might not actually be there. They've tried to recruit plenty of players from non-league over the years with minimal success. Adam Miller probably being the best.