Matchday Thread. Bolton Wanderers vs. QPR 21-10-17

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Matchday Thread. Bolton Wanderers vs. QPR 21-10-17

Post by Damien » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:40 pm

People go on about our defensive problems at the moment - but I don't remember them being any better when Ned and Hall were playing. Think the current defence is doing admirably given the constant injury enforced changes. Our problems quite clearly are in the middle(goal scoring) and especially upfront. Mackie and CW should be shown the bench for the forseable future... along with Pav. If we could win more at LR, these away draws would take on a completely different complexion. Having said that, it would be nice to end our horrible run on the road. This leagues a mother alright.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:31 pm
Now we've got the two kick abouts out the way against the basement boys.

A proper test with Sheff Utd & Wolves, home advantage helps, been a while since we've had a home game should be fun, shouldn't it shifty
Wolves and Chef United should be rollicking matches especially as we haven't been at home for eons. I fancy we shall beat the pair of 'em with the help of a noisy, ebullient crowd really getting behind the lads.

Hope I feel so optimistic in the morning.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:25 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:31 pm
Now we've got the two kick abouts out the way against the basement boys.

A proper test with Sheff Utd & Wolves, home advantage helps, been a while since we've had a home game should be fun, shouldn't it shifty
Wolves and Chef United should be rollicking matches especially as we haven't been at home for eons. I fancy we shall beat the pair of 'em with the help of a noisy, ebullient crowd really getting behind the lads.

Hope I feel so optimistic in the morning.
Well that's the R block as for the rest of the stadium....?

Like your confidence, good luck with your hangover tomoz :wink:

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:09 pm
6 points off the play offs - 5 off the relegation spots. Mid-table. We must score more. But all credit to the lads for not folding today. Many a QPR side has done in this sort of game.
Er.....we are 17th out of 24. That’s not mid table.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:01 pm
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm
65% possession and 14 goal attempts as the away side at the division's bottom club - a 1-1 draw is incontrovertibly two points dropped. Apart from Sylla, we just don't have goal-scoring strikers, nor even goal-scoring midfielders. As I don't see us as being especially parsimonious at the back (though we're competent for the most part), I also can't see us climbing the table right now.

That said, a good quality striker in January could make all the difference. Otherwise I think this'll go on being just about as good as it gets.

Mediocrity - in our line of footballing business, sometimes you just gotta suck it up! :?
Agreed with everything there, Washington must be shown the door now, a liability in my view.
I'm not sure he's a liability, has shown a huge amount of talent, but it's not like Mackie is banging them in. I'd give him a proper chance, alongside Sylla who might actually hold the ball up and play him in. I'm not expecting a massive return but i think he's chip in with more than Mackie or Smith, he's not really had much of a run in a set-up that suits him. I appreciate there haven't been many signs that he's going to be a prolific scorer, but i don't see what we have to lose for the foreseeable future.
Montag wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:09 pm
6 points off the play offs - 5 off the relegation spots. Mid-table. We must score more. But all credit to the lads for not folding today. Many a QPR side has done in this sort of game.
Agreed, the side have got a lot more fight in them recently, i wonder if that's down to Scowen.
Damien wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:40 pm
People go on about our defensive problems at the moment - but I don't remember them being any better when Ned and Hall were playing. Think the current defence is doing admirably given the constant injury enforced changes. Our problems quite clearly are in the middle(goal scoring) and especially upfront. Mackie and CW should be shown the bench for the forseable future... along with Pav. If we could win more at LR, these away draws would take on a completely different complexion. Having said that, it would be nice to end our horrible run on the road. This leagues a mother alright.
So who do we play upfront then?