Board meeting to decide Ollie’s future

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Board meeting to decide Ollie’s future

Post by kernowhoop » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 pm

If they were expecting us to be pushing for the play-offs, then getting rid of the manager (when we are six points off the play-off positions, with 34 games to play) makes sense only if we replace him with someone who clearly has a better chance of achieving that ambition. That is surely not Kenny Jackett. But, team-wise, much damage may have been done already. The speculation will damage the team's confidence in Ollie and winning the next game is probably harder now than it was. Oh dear.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:52 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:41 pm
old pauline wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:07 pm
Would be complete madness to replace Ollie. I cannot think of anyone who'd do a better job given the circumstances. Perhaps ask him if all his backroom staff are what we need but Ollie himself is a perfect fit. No jacket required.
We haven't won in 9. How can you possibly say Ollie is a perfect fit? Unless you're talking about getting us relegated.
We haven't won in 6. Some disappointing draws in there, but hardly disastrous form. What would Derry bring that Holloway doesn't ? I like Jackett, but don't think he would make a great deal of difference either.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Frank Clarke
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Frank Clarke » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Everyone getting wound up about a crock of sheet, article in the Sun on Sunday?

Calm down chaps, treat it with the contempt it deserves and SHOULD it be founded, worry about it when more apparent than a puff in a Murdoch news hack.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:58 pm

It's a load of crap. A decent manager would only come here if he were to be offered plenty to spend in the January window. This is highly unlikely unless the FFP reins have been loosened.
Ollie stays.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:31 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:58 pm
It's a load of crap. A decent manager would only come here if he were to be offered plenty to spend in the January window. This is highly unlikely unless the FFP reins have been loosened.
Ollie stays.
Or Warnock

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Had our defence not been decimated with injury I'd say we would be sitting pretty.

Not Holloways fault that we don't have the depth to allow for these injuries.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:36 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:12 pm
Had our defence not been decimated with injury I'd say we would be sitting pretty.

Not Holloways fault that we don't have the depth to allow for these injuries.
We don't score enough either, you got raw hungry pace on the bench week in week out & yet Mackie gets the nod everytime.

Yes defence has been hit by injuries but we don't score enough.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:28 pm

My view is ... we are moving in the right direction. We are moving slowly in the right direction, and maybe too slowly for some. The thing is, if we want to be a top 10 club, we need a natural goal scorer like ... Furlong, Gallen, Austin, Ferdinand etc. They don't come cheap - at this level, in the current climate £5 million minimum. So, if the board are not prepared to put their hands in their pockets either to buy what we need, or maybe fund a loan for Austin in January as he seems out of favour at Southampton, then they need to back off.

A loan for Austin would be good for him and us, but I don't think he would come.

We are making lots of chances, but not taking them. I just hope sooner or later those shots which "just miss" or are "straight at the goal keeper" start finding the top corner.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Uncle Tony has taken to Twitter

''Zero facts about Ollie, not even a second of thought over this. This is a project and we want stability. Ollie is doing a grand job.

Every match we compete and we have been unlucky with injuries. Yet squad has done well.

End is story. Let’s focus on the pitch and transfer windows. Scouting, scouting, scouting. And young players coming through.”

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm not a fan of Olly and I don't think he's doing as wonderful job as others appear to think. With our squad, even with injuries, I think we should be closer to 10th (which we're two wins off). We're not doing badly, I'm not pleased with the results, but I don't think it's worth sacking Olly this early.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Can I suggest that anybody who thinks we should be pushing for the top 6 be provided with a straight jacket??

I'd be gutted to see Ollie leave and I think it'd knock us back significantly.
QPR & Ireland

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:05 pm

I would expect there to be Board Meeting every 2-3 months where the results and performance of the management team to be a standard agenda item. Good news on Tony's Twitter update.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 pm

If Olly left for whatever reason, the burning question is who would replace him? We do not have a team of world beaters, and anyone who thinks we should be challenging for promotion needs a huge reality check. Things have improved from this time last year, and there is more stability around the whole club.

One step at a time .... sacking Olly at this time would set us back several steps. We are moving in the right direction, and without an injection of significant funds, and a sensible approach to spending those funds (let's not dwell on how we handled that in the past); progress will be slow.

As long as there is progress, I for one will be happy.

Better results
Better performances
Better league position
And round 4 of the FA Cup will do me for this season.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:52 pm

I wouldn't have appointed Holloway and i would have sacked him at the end of last season. But we didn't and i don't think another midseason firing is in our interests at all. Especially with absolutely no stellar candidates. I've no interest in Jacket and Derry is a huge punt. In addition, i think we're showing signs of improvement. The team is playing some decent stuff and we're not taking heavy beatings, there is much tougher mentality. Despite an ever changing makeshift defence and an out of form Wszołek. My main issue is upfront and Holloway not giving Sylla and Washington a run together which seems most logical.

I also think the article is a nonsense.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:53 pm
Montag wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:52 pm
If this is true then it's Ferdinad who's job should be looked at - not Holloway.
And if it's not true? you'll have to find another angle to take a dig at him?
That wouldn't be hard.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare