Sylla

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Sylla

Post by Satch » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:48 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 pm
BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:07 pm
Very under rated by some on here. I'm a big fan as it seems are several like minded posters.
Really? Who are those posters then? All I have read is posters begging him to start ahead of Washington.

Its Holloway who didnt rate him/want to give him icecream! Mainly because of lack of effort in training and not defending from the front.
A few still don't seem to rate him or rate Smith more highly. Far to much is made of his workrate as well. (Although i think it was Morrison who wasn't getting any treats).

I know Washington isn't looking too special, but i really wish he'd get a proper run. It's not like Mackie is scoring so i don't see what there is to lose. He and Washington look like they could work off each other. Give them a run of games and i fancy it would be worth more goals than any other option right now.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am

For me, Sylla is the best goal scorer we have. I'm glad he's getting some game time.

I still think given a prolonged run in the side he could get 15+ goals a season.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:50 am

I think a Sylla Washington front pairing should be the way to go for the next 10-15 games. Give them time together, and let them develop an understanding. It will take time, but I think as a striking duo they have goals in them.

We have played 15 games this season. Of that Sylla and Washington have been on the pitch at the same time for a total of 188 minutes.

They have not started one of those 15 games together.

Maybe I'm being picky, but a team that is struggling to find goals and we haven't tried these two as a starting pair all season?

As I said ... give them the next 10-15 games as a front two and see what happens. Much as I like Mackie for his commitment and die for the team attitude, I think DC and Sylla potentially offer a lot more.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:50 am
I think a Sylla Washington front pairing should be the way to go for the next 10-15 games. Give them time together, and let them develop an understanding. It will take time, but I think as a striking duo they have goals in them.

We have played 15 games this season. Of that Sylla and Washington have been on the pitch at the same time for a total of 188 minutes.

Maybe I'm being picky, but a team that is struggling to find goals and we haven't tried these two as a starting pair all season?

As I said ... give them the next 10-15 games as a front two and see what happens. Much as I like Mackie for his commitment and die for the team attitude, I think DC and Sylla potentially offer a lot more.
This x 1000. There is nothing to lose and a decent amount to gain. Sylla is an intelligent striker who looks to play others in and hold the ball up. Washington has talked about needing to play in a front 2, but has never done that with a proper target man. We're short of goals. I think this is one of those times that IH needs to put an arm around their shoulders and tell them they're his front two. Take the pressure of CW especially who must be feeling it. He was only just turning into a regular goal scorer when we signed him, no guarantee he makes it but i'd like to think we tried.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:49 am

Satch wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am
ZENITH R wrote:

Washington has talked about needing to play in a front 2, but has never done that with a proper target man. We're short of goals.
To be fair, that was a large part of the reason that we signed Matt Smith. You won't find many better forwards at this level to play off of, and even then CW wasn't a huge success.

Mackie has been a huge part of the pressing game that Ollie has introduced. I can totally see why he would be reluctant to drop him for a Sylla / CW combination.

It could work, but for me, Washington just hasn't worked out.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:58 pm

SM wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:49 am
Satch wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am
ZENITH R wrote:

Washington has talked about needing to play in a front 2, but has never done that with a proper target man. We're short of goals.
To be fair, that was a large part of the reason that we signed Matt Smith. You won't find many better forwards at this level to play off of, and even then CW wasn't a huge success.

Mackie has been a huge part of the pressing game that Ollie has introduced. I can totally see why he would be reluctant to drop him for a Sylla / CW combination.

It could work, but for me, Washington just hasn't worked out.
You will imo, Matt Smith has little mobility and is rather poor with his back to goal, It's just assumed he'd be the ultimate target man because he's such a large target. i think Sylla is far more instinctive as a strike partner. Mackie is good at the press, but that doesn't work every week, we aren't winning games and whilst i've been generally happy with progress, goals are a major issue. i've also found him anonymous in recent weeks. Although as always i'll concede that it's harder to appreciate on TV rather than at the game. Smith and Mackie are both examples of strikers who are better off the bench. I don't think it applies to the other two.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:05 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 pm
Pleased for him & thankful to have someone that can score a goal but sad state of affairs that all we have in the way of goals these days is Freeman & Sylla.
Blimey, we agree!
Staff Benda Bilili