Today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Today

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:14 am

Think we can really win today if we have a go and dont panic when we are ahead.
Think Luke Freeman can really shine with Mass and Josh cleaning up, Freeman is the flamboyant no 10 we need and he could become a real hero at Loftus Road, what do yoiu think?

U;RRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Today

Post by Rbee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:45 am

I would like to see Freeman given a free role behind the striker(s) but I cannot see that happening in the near future.

A mixture of injuries and form means that the defence and centre midfield really pick themselves at the moment so Ollie's selection dilemma is picking the wide players and strikers to score some goals.

So far this season the closing down energetic combination of Mackie and Washington has been more effective against the better teams so today I would start Smith and Sylla and bring Washington and Mackie on against a tiring black cats defence after 65/70 minutes.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am

Jesus guys brace yourself I got shot down in flames for even daring to suggest playing Freeman in a free role behind the striker.

It's so obvious that your best attacking threat with the best shot at the club needs to play further up the pitch in positions that will make it easier & quicker for him to get a shot away.

Anyway apparently he's part of the best midfield three in the league & it's ludicrous to even consider playing him as a no10.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:22 pm

He's playing a reasonable free role as it is, not exactly sure what else you are expecting? Far more effective attacking from deep, as had been amply demonstrated in - as you say - a very effective midfield combination. Would be mad to change it.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:22 pm
He's playing a reasonable free role as it is, not exactly sure what else you are expecting? Far more effective attacking from deep, as had been amply demonstrated in - as you say - a very effective midfield combination. Would be mad to change it.
Or change the shape & go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1

4 points from the drop zone & yet to win away, although I'm reasonably happy with the way things are going we're hardly flying & I wouldn't object to trying something different.

For me though I'd build the final third around Freeman give him liecence to do what the hell he likes.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm
Greyhound wrote:

6 points from the play offs & yet to win away, although I'm reasonably happy with the way things are going we're hardly flying & I wouldn't object to trying something different.

For me though I'd build the final third around Freeman give him licence to do what the hell he likes.
Just shows how the division is up for grabs.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm
Greyhound wrote:

6 points from the play offs & yet to win away, although I'm reasonably happy with the way things are going we're hardly flying & I wouldn't object to trying something different.

For me though I'd build the final third around Freeman give him licence to do what the hell he likes.
Just shows how the division is up for grabs.
Indeed

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Just seen the highlights,......

how come we didn't score 6 :roll:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).