Rs in Hong Kong

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Spanish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Rs in Hong Kong

Post by Spanish Ranger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:40 pm

I've moved this from the other Forum in the hope someone might be able to help.

I'm heading for HKG on business shortly and it looks like I may have to stay for a few weeks. So I was wondering if there are any Rs in HKG and is there a bar anywhere that shows Championship games?
I will probably stay in either Wan Chai or Causeway Bay so any suggestions or connections will be appreciated.
Cheers.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Rs in Hong Kong

Post by dm » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Why don't you post a similar message on Loft for Words as well? I think they've got a larger readership and there's a current post entitled "In Jan, where do we need to improve most?" from someone called TonyHongKong.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:18 pm

I've heard the Wings at Wangs on Wong street are pretty good & they show live English footy.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:13 pm

The Trafalgar in Wan Chai shows a lot of English football, the championship may be a bit trickier. There are a number of places in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay that might be OK.

Delaney's over in Kowloon is worth a go. They often show 3 games at a time, and it's a quick journey by MTR or Star Ferry from Wan Chai.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Not very social, but you'll be able to watch QPR games via the site as you're outside the UK (£5 a game).

Spanish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Spanish Ranger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:59 am

Mr Beef wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:13 pm
The Trafalgar in Wan Chai shows a lot of English football, the championship may be a bit trickier. There are a number of places in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay that might be OK.

Delaney's over in Kowloon is worth a go. They often show 3 games at a time, and it's a quick journey by MTR or Star Ferry from Wan Chai.
Thanks - I know the Trafalgar but I've never seen any Championship games there. I do go to HKG a lot but usually only for 10-14 days. This time will be nearer 2 months so suppose I was really hoping to find some other R's to meet up with in the area. I will take DM's advise and post on Loft for Words.

Thanks for those who responded (except lala - you numpty) :roll:

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Spanish Ranger wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:59 am
Mr Beef wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks - I know the Trafalgar but I've never seen any Championship games there. I do go to HKG a lot but usually only for 10-14 days. This time will be nearer 2 months so suppose I was really hoping to find some other R's to meet up with in the area. I will take DM's advise and post on Loft for Words.

Thanks for those who responded (except lala - you numpty) :roll:
:wink: