Prediction update - same as last week

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Prediction update - same as last week

Post by IJM » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:30 pm

As promised, I update my season long fascination on comparing this season's results v lasts, and after 11 games, or nearly a quarter of the way through the season, our end of season position based on results to date will look like :

P46 W15 D10 L21 F52 A58 Pts 55 - position 16th

Compare this with our actual 2016/17 finishing results of :

P46 W15 D8 L23 F52 A66 Pts 53 - you will see that the results season on season are looking increasingly similar.

As I have stated before whilst performances are appearing better than last year, the results are not, as demonstrated this week v Barnsley and Fulham where we gained one point last season and one point this.

Anyway at least Bolton, Birmingham and Burton lost again today.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Prediction update - same as last week

Post by dm » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Thank you for providing us with such erudite analysis, but I can't help feeling you take great relish in producing your rather depressing predictions.

You must be very popular at parties.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:24 pm
Thank you for providing us with such erudite analysis, but I can't help feeling you take great relish in producing your rather depressing predictions.

No relish in these predictions at all, but last season was so depressing I considered not renewing this year because I was fed up with the constant changes of Manager and an annual turnover in players plus I think the Fernandes years have been a disaster for us. The two running sequences of six defeats really got to me and I began this season convinced we would be playing League One football next season.

This prediction thing is really just for my benefit, but I thought I would post it on dotorg because I thought it might be of interest to others. However if this is not the case then I'm happy not to post further updates.

As regards parties, yes my humour does tend to be cynical, but my views on life does amuse.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:58 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 pm
dm wrote:

No relish in these predictions at all, but last season was so depressing I considered not renewing this year because I was fed up with the constant changes of Manager and an annual turnover in players plus I think the Fernandes years have been a disaster for us. The two running sequences of six defeats really got to me and I began this season convinced we would be playing League One football next season.

This prediction thing is really just for my benefit, but I thought I would post it on dotorg because I thought it might be of interest to others. However if this is not the case then I'm happy not to post further updates.

As regards parties, yes my humour does tend to be cynical, but my views on life does amuse.
I find it interesting... so thanks. I bet you'd be better company than some on here :wink: Humility is very unfashionable today... especially on here. Very entertaining game last night(just the right result missing) - and an even better one in SW6 this evening(right result). Don't think I've seen those cnuts outplayed like that for a long time. Thanks Citeh 8)

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 pm

IJM wrote:
dm wrote:

Fair enough and I'm not suggesting you don't post. This is a fans message board and should be open to the expression of all views on QPR cynical or otherwise. Goodness knows we usually have reason enough for a bit of gallows humour.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:40 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 pm
IJM wrote:
dm wrote:

Fair enough and I'm not suggesting you don't post. This is a fans message board and should be open to the expression of all views on QPR cynical or otherwise. Goodness knows we usually have reason enough for a bit of gallows humour.
Thanks guys.

I would love to post and say we are 5 or 6 points ahead of last season and the way we started in August I had hoped that I would soon be posting such good news but regrettably I can only post the actual position which is just 2 points ahead - anyway that's better than being 2 points adrift !

I'll be quiet for a couple of weeks now and hope to come back on here after our next two away games v Sunderland and Bolton, both of whom are struggling with form - so with 'generous' QPR turning up at their respective gaffs we know what will happen don't we !!!!

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 am

IJM wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks guys.

I would love to post and say we are 5 or 6 points ahead of last season and the way we started in August I had hoped that I would soon be posting such good news but regrettably I can only post the actual position which is just 2 points ahead - anyway that's better than being 2 points adrift !

I'll be quiet for a couple of weeks now and hope to come back on here after our next two away games v Sunderland and Bolton, both of whom are struggling with form - so with 'generous' QPR turning up at their respective gaffs we know what will happen don't we !!!!
Just as a matter of interest, how will those two games be reflected in your analysis, given neither were in this division last season ?

The unfortunate fact is that after 41 league games, Holloway's record in terms of points per game remains worse than JFH's.He was sacked after his 42nd game. Plus ca change.....
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 am
IJM wrote:

Thanks guys.

Just as a matter of interest, how will those two games be reflected in your analysis, given neither were in this division last season ?

The unfortunate fact is that after 41 league games, Holloway's record in terms of points per game remains worse than JFH's.He was sacked after his 42nd game. Plus ca change.....
Ollie warms to the fans & the team show a bit of fight and attacking intent, buys you a bit of time.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 am
IJM wrote:

Thanks guys.

Hi Uxbridge, in response to your question I have compared promoted/relegated teams in terms of where they finished last season. ie 20th in the Prem would be compared to the play-off winners, 19th compared to Champ runners up and 18th in the Prem to 1st in the Champ. The same was made at the other end, so the 'strongest relegated team' would be compared to who came up as League One champions etc.

For my prediction therefore I have compared Blackburn/Sheffield United ; Brighton/Middlesborough ; Huddersfield/Sunderland ; Newcastle/Hull ; Rotherham/Millwall ; Wigan/Bolton.