Looking at the BBC stats ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ZENITH R

Looking at the BBC stats ...

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 pm

Suggests there is something wrong that needs tweaking - not a major overhaul.

Last night:

QPR 25 shots - 4 on target
Fulham 12 shots - 2 on target

Add in corners:

QPR 10
Fulham 2

This suggests we are not taking our chances, or making the most of the opportunities that come our way.

That gets fixed on the training ground.

Looking at the stats from other games this season many tell a similar story.

Every game we have lost apart from Brentford in the Micky Mouse cup and Norwich away we have lost by the odd goal. So far no tonkings, a fair bit of bad luck - injuries, deflected goals etc. We are a quarter of the way through the season (crikey where did that go!) Time to take stock - use the international break to fix what needs to be fixed.

These players could get us to upper mid table come May, or if certain things are not addressed could take us down. Mr Holloway, now is a good time to look at making the first one happen and ensuring the second doesn't.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Looking at the BBC stats ...

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:14 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 pm

Last night:

Add in corners:

QPR 10
Fulham 2

This suggests we are not taking our chances, or making the most of the opportunities that come our way.

Every game we have lost apart from Brentford in the Micky Mouse cup and Norwich away we have lost by the odd goal. So far no tonkings, a fair bit of bad luck - injuries, deflected goals etc. We are a quarter of the way through the season (crikey where did that go!) Time to take stock - use the international break to fix what needs to be fixed.

These players could get us to upper mid table come May, or if certain things are not addressed could take us down. Mr Holloway, now is a good time to look at making the first one happen and ensuring the second doesn't.
Olly likes to experiment, and as Smithies did so well when he came up for that late, late corner that I wouldn't be surprised if he tried him up front in the next game :wink:
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:47 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 pm

Last night:

Add in corners:

QPR 10
Fulham 2

We certainly had a lot of the play as the figures you quote suggest. I'm away at the moment and for the first time ever watched the match on Sky. A miserable experience with the commentator treating it as a kiddies game and praising Foulhamlet to the high heavens. Yes, we were rough and ready but I though there was enough there to work on.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:51 pm

I think it's going to take more than a bit of work on the training ground to turn this team into good finishers. Although i would give Sylla and Washington a run together.

Roy Gibbons
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Roy Gibbons » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:48 am

On the basis of Friday's match, its target practice and PACE!
Roy of the Rangers

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:47 am

Roy Gibbons wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:48 am
On the basis of Friday's match, its target practice and PACE!
Pace you can't teach you either have it or you don't.

Shooting practice again I bet you our strikers smash them in for fun in training, I bet you half the team score for fun in training, come 3pm on a sat it's a different story.

Roy Gibbons
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Roy Gibbons » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:53 am

My point was, we have no pace especially in defence and up front.
Roy of the Rangers

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 am

Yes those stats tell us what we all know - we have a Div 2 frontline.