Frustrating!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Frustrating!

Post by RType » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 am

I dont like Smith. He's OK as an option to chuck in if you're chasing but he's so immobile it's a joke. There was one point where Mass intercepted a pass high up and could've put Smith through but didn't as it was obvious he is far too slow to get beyond the defence.

Pace up front, especially with our high pressing system, is so important. When you win the ball back in those areas - which we are actually really good at - you need a couple of players on their bike running at the defence straight away to take advantage. We just don't have that threat currently and it's a crying shame considering how good our midfield is.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:46 am

RType wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 am
I dont like Smith. He's OK as an option to chuck in if you're chasing but he's so immobile it's a joke. There was one point where Mass intercepted a pass high up and could've put Smith through but didn't as it was obvious he is far too slow to get beyond the defence.

Pace up front, especially with our high pressing system, is so important. When you win the ball back in those areas - which we are actually really good at - you need a couple of players on their bike running at the defence straight away to take advantage. We just don't have that threat currently and it's a crying shame considering how good our midfield is.
Have to agree and I've said it before we have arguably the best three midfielders in the division if not individually (and that again is questionable) but as a group. it is sad to see such effort go to waste.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:31 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:46 am
RType wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 am

Have to agree and I've said it before we have arguably the best three midfielders in the division if not individually (and that again is questionable) but as a group. it is sad to see such effort go to waste.
hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:20 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:49 am
Sylla was shite didn't have a shot on target hardly got involved & as usual spent more time on the deck feigning injury.
Perhaps you should have watched the game, instead of making stuff up. Most of the people who actually went to the game and commented on Loft For Words are agreeing with me.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:20 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sylla was shite didn't have a shot on target hardly got involved & as usual spent more time on the deck feigning injury.
Perhaps you should have watched the game, instead of making stuff up. Most of the people who actually went to the game and commented on Loft For Words are agreeing with me.
He flapped about jumped around got his head on a few long balls, held the occasional ball up, didn't have a single positive impact on the game didn't have a single shot on target & spent enough time on the deck rolling round as usual.

He's big and catches the eye but not for anything positive, he's clumsy technically diabolical & is just slightly more affective than the other useless lump that came on.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

[/

Bear-Grills wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 am

dm wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 am

Stans left foot wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:08 am
If ever proof were needed that comments gets skewed and reasoning goes out the window:

You're correct SLF as the highlights show. The stats have Smith winning 7 headers in the 30 minutes he was on.

That said, I am in the Sylla over Smith camp and believe we'll only really see what Sylla is capable of when he's given a run of games. Can't argue with stats I suppose. Did any of his headers go anywhere useful apart from the Washington one (which I missed due to the stanchion in Ellersie) A good question BG which I don't have a definitive answer to - but suspect not really. For a man standing 6' 6" high you'd expect him to do better in the air than he does. He's okay facing goal but surprisingly bad with his back to goal.
quote]

Yes, guess your right on Sylla, and I guess also we may never know as, unless your pretty much 100% Holloways kind of player, ie Mackie, then your always going to be out/in/out the side. Personally I don't think Sylla gives much but with 10 regular games/first pick who knows what he could achieve,as aways, managers have the decision to make and it's their head on the block if it fails.

Ditto Lua Lua, who I guess managers find so frustrating they get the subs job every time, where as dropping a League and playing every week proves you wrong.

Proof if proof needed, Hoilett, who according to most and Warnock on Talkshite the other day, is playing the best he's ever played ( seems right if the last game was anything to go by, made 1 scored 1 ) where as with us and anywhere ealse post Blackburn he's struggled. Confidence in the manager, and it was Warnock who saw the chance - which I think we declined - could make a deal work with him. On reflection I'd have taken Hoilett - instead on Lua Lua/Wheeler and the Blackpool lad, all 3 of whom must surely have been at more cost that Hoilett?

Such is life...
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
And we know how much you dislike people disagreeing with you.

I still don't understand why we brought on a bunch of attackers, yet no winger to supply them with crosses. Warnock wouldn't have done that. :wink:

Gradually falling down the table with a series of very tough fixtures coming up after the two 'winnable' away games. The happy clappers may need all their optimism/naivety in the next couple of months.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:58 pm

I really like Sylla, but didn't think he was at his best yesterday i thought his best performance was against Millwall. I really do think he needs a run of games. Wszolek has been off form, which is a shame, he looks short on confidence, i'm not sure if he's been asked to cut in more or he's doing it because his crossing has been off. Hopefully, he can get back to the player of last season. I appreciate he has more defensive duties, but i don't think that accounts for his form when he has the ball.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:35 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
And we know how much you dislike people disagreeing with you.

I still don't understand why we brought on a bunch of attackers, yet no winger to supply them with crosses. Warnock wouldn't have done that. :wink:

Gradually falling down the table with a series of very tough fixtures coming up after the two 'winnable' away games. The happy clappers may need all their optimism/naivety in the next couple of months.
Nice of you, and very predictable, to turn up after a defeat. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:22 pm
Nice of you, and very predictable, to turn up after a defeat. :roll:
Well with Holloway in charge that's hardly a rare occurrence, is it?

I'm just tired of the narrative that says we should be satisfied with being the fourth best team in West London. The way Uncle Bungle was tweeting last weekend you'd think we'd just drawn with Barcelona.

For what it's worth, I thought we were unlucky last night. With better luck (and Warnock in charge) we'd have won.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:32 pm

I don't think Sylla was very good yesterday either. The service was poor, but to say it was his best game is ridiculous. I am definitely a fan, but he looked lethargic yesterday and I think he should've come off earlier (maybe not for Smith but our options are certainly limited).

Olly was poor yesterday. He was incredibly slow making subs to change the game. We looked better than Fulham for the most part, but just didn't seem to have the desire. Obviously I'm not sure what it was like in the stadium, but watching on TV, it didn't feel like a derby.

Fulham were good on the counter and I think we were lucky Ojo went off injured as he was a real handful for our defense.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:35 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:32 pm
I don't think Sylla was very good yesterday either. The service was poor, but to say it was his best game is ridiculous. I am definitely a fan, but he looked lethargic yesterday and I think he should've come off earlier (maybe not for Smith but our options are certainly limited).

Olly was poor yesterday. He was incredibly slow making subs to change the game. We looked better than Fulham for the most part, but just didn't seem to have the desire. Obviously I'm not sure what it was like in the stadium, but watching on TV, it didn't feel like a derby.

Fulham were good on the counter and I think we were lucky Ojo went off injured as he was a real handful for our defense.
I think we had the desire but we were too slow to pull the trigger when chances popped up, always waiting just that split second too long.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Don Gibbons
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Don Gibbons » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Argumentum ad populum

Just because 'most of the people agree with me' (which seems unlikely) doesn't make you right.

Schoolboy error, kid.

Wise up, else get off our messageboard

hammersmith_hoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by hammersmith_hoop » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:14 am

Sylla played well.

Link up play was good. Good touch and passing accurately. Won a fair few headers that he didn't have right too and worked hard.

Wasn't his fault the team didn't create the chances for him.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:36 am

hammersmith_hoop wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:14 am
Sylla played well.

Link up play was good. Good touch and passing accurately. Won a fair few headers that he didn't have right too and worked hard.

Wasn't his fault the team didn't create the chances for him.
Why didn't he have the right to win the headers? He's 6ft 2in and playing upfront.

He played 84mins we had 25 shots at goal & yet he didn't have a single one of them, he had a shot that didn't register as a stat the offside one that he blazed over from 5yrds but that was about it.

He like many others at the club are half decent but would I miss them if they went tomorrow heck no... I can count on one hand those who I'd keep in the squad.

Sylla is an option and puts a shift in but that was clearly not one of his better games for us.