Frustrating!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Frustrating!

Post by Southgate Hoop » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:26 pm

We didn't deserve to lose tonight, nor did we deserve to win I'd say.
The weaknesses in this team are glaring. The lack of pace throughout the whole team is crippling. No pace at the back means we are under pressure from nearly every break the opposition has. Then the lack of pace upfront makes us very one dimensional, can't remember the last time I saw a striker of ours latch onto a thorough ball.
Glimpses of last seasons qpr are starting to show in the last few performances. To get a lifeline with a missed penalty then allow Fulham to score 2 minutes later is criminal!

Negatives tonight, was again only 4 shots on target from 25 attempts. Individual performances that were noticeably terrible were Wszolek, Baptiste and even Lynch had a few too many brain farts at the back. Also felt Mackie offered little to nothing tonight.
We really miss Grant Hall and dare I say it, Onouha!

Positives, again Freeeman is head and shoulders technically above anyone in this team. Robinson had the best game I've seen in an R's top. Bidwell deserves a mention aswell, I thought he done alright tonight. Playing wing back isn't easy, especially with our defence!

Not overly down after this defeat, just a bit frustrated and gutted we lost when they were no better than us.
But we are sliding down that table fast! Something has to change!

Rod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Frustrating!

Post by Rod » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 pm

No complaints -simply not good enough

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:26 pm
We didn't deserve to lose tonight
We did deserve to lose, we're a poor Championship outfit and Fulham as I
assumed last season look the best side in this division.
Staff Benda Bilili

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Can see what you are saying Southgate - think we have enough pace and speed of thought in our middle three but, in the absence of Hall and Onouha, we need someone on the coaching team to help young Furlong develop. One pace option wide and one up top would add a real dimension to us - hopefully Samuel can help fill one of these.

Losing off the back of matches where free instead of picking up at least one win doesn't feel great but, there were positive signs in aspects of our play tonight.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Sorry, missed the trick with Fulham - commentators on SKY were having a love in with the Cottagers and maybe they are the best side in the division but, didn't look like it to me.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Baptiste did OK for me. Lynch was very poor imo, my heart was in my mouth every time he was put under pressure - makes Onouha look like Beckenbauer. Smith didn't win a header all night after coming on.

Freeman our MoM by some distance, but I thought Scowen and Luongo were quite good as well.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 pm
Southgate Hoop wrote:
sleep it off.

And Fulham best in the division?? :D you must be really tired!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Lucky Bolton are cannon fodder this season that looks to be one drop spot taken.

A few in the table with two games in hand on us we could be two points off the drop over the next game or two.

Obviously not crisis time but 3 points gained from the last 15 available, I believe we now have a two week break and then it's away to bottom Bolton & second bottom Sunderland.

Those two games could really shape our Season.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:43 pm
Sorry, missed the trick with Fulham - commentators on SKY were having a love in with the Cottagers and maybe they are the best side in the division but, didn't look like it to me.
Agree their midfield could not match our three. Unfortunately it just enforces how bad we are up front.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Oliver Norwood played well but the other two or three didn't stand out. Couldn't even tell you who they were. Thought the gulf in class (and spending power) was evident in other key areas though. Their back four, strikers and subs were better than ours. You could see that they had bought some good up and coming players. We have 5 or 6 of those. Sadly you need 11 to make a good team.

Robinson was excellent though. Best defender at the club. Including those that are out.
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 pm

old pauline wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm
Oliver Norwood played well but the other two or three didn't stand out. Couldn't even tell you who they were. Thought the gulf in class (and spending power) was evident in other key areas though. Their back four, strikers and subs were better than ours. You could see that they had bought some good up and good coming players. We have 5 or 6 of those. Sadly you need 11 to make a good team.

Robinson was excellent though. Best defender at the club. Including those that are out.
Just like Brentford they have a squad full of players that you can't pronounce or have never heard of yet they are all tidy quick decent players, God only knows who scouts abroad for us whoever it is needs shooting.

I agree Robinson outstanding I'd like to see him at CB with Hall I reckon those two could be decent together.

One thing I will say though is sessegnon looked bang average if Fulham turned down 25m from Spurs for him then they are raving mad.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 pm

I agree with you. Tidy, quick and decent being the operative words.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:48 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 pm
Southgate Hoop wrote:
sleep it off.

And Fulham best in the division?? :D you must be really tired!
If you're dismissing the fact that we looked a division worse than Fulham
then you've had one over the dozen to be honest. :wink:
Staff Benda Bilili

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:30 pm

Two week break then it's away to bottom & second bottom followed by 4th & 2nd at home.

October could be a interesting month folkes.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:32 pm

There were lots of things about tonight's performance and tactics we could debate but, for me, it's suffice to say we are a work in progress with quite a long way to go.

So, that we had the better of Fulham in the first half, if not the second, says a lot about this supposed best team in the Championship. Are they really? I doubt it.