Frustrating!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Frustrating!

Post by deadendjob » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:00 am

Wasn't Yeni the one we held out for and had issues negotiating a contract with due to finances?
He's only played 26 games for us since his arrival :?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 am

He is another one who would benefit greatly from a steady run in the side but at who's expense I don't know. The current choice may be Wzsolek but I think he is just in a bit a poor form and needs to play himself out of it, not getting dropped at the first blip. A group of players need to play together to build up the understandings that can make the difference in those tight situations on the pitch during a game. Chopping & changing just causes confusion and uncertainty.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 am
He is another one who would benefit greatly from a steady run in the side but at who's expense I don't know. The current choice may be Wzsolek but I think he is just in a bit a poor form and needs to play himself out of it, not getting dropped at the first blip. A group of players need to play together to build up the understandings that can make the difference in those tight situations on the pitch during a game. Chopping & changing just causes confusion and uncertainty.
I agree, i don't think dropping Wszołek is the answer, we still rely on his defensive work, all other options are still unproven too. N'Gbakoto might just be someone who doesn't quite fit our new system, but isn't quite good enough to tailor the system around. But i agree, he's not had a good run to find form.

rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by rtastic » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 pm

w e are a team full of triers ,effort is there just lacking quality , considering the financial constraints i think Ollie is doing well,comparing us to Fulham is tricky , they played out from the back as opposed to our high up pressing style . they have better ball players , we are much more direct.
Not sure of our wage structure but makes me think we cannot afford prem loans unlike other clubs in our division Fulham included , so in conclusion Oliie is playing well with a poor hand , missed the 2 central defenders big time would have been great it Smithies would have scored at the end .

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 am

rtastic wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 pm
w e are a team full of triers ,effort is there just lacking quality , considering the financial constraints i think Ollie is doing well,comparing us to Fulham is tricky , they played out from the back as opposed to our high up pressing style . they have better ball players , we are much more direct.
Not sure of our wage structure but makes me think we cannot afford prem loans unlike other clubs in our division Fulham included , so in conclusion Oliie is playing well with a poor hand , missed the 2 central defenders big time would have been great it Smithies would have scored at the end .
Bircham said in his interview before the season started they we are looking for players with character not skilful ones. We've got what we wanted.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 am
rtastic wrote:
Bircham said in his interview before the season started they we are looking for players with character not skilful ones. We've got what we wanted.
Ol' blue 'air was slammed by some on here for saying the Rangers were looking for character rather than ability but in hindsight he was just intimating that we are flippin' skint and can't attract a lot of highly skilled men. I can get behind a team of triers which is what we clearly haven't had in a lot of the recent seasons.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:42 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 am
rtastic wrote:
Ol' blue 'air was slammed by some on here for saying the Rangers were looking for character rather than ability but in hindsight he was just intimating that we are flippin' skint and can't attract a lot of highly skilled men. I can get behind a team of triers which is what we clearly haven't had in a lot of the recent seasons.
Yes, but every team needs at least one flair player and they are expensive and/or a pain to manage. Nobody wants the freeloaders of the past but perhaps someone who gives us a chance of creating something out of nothing. If we are too predictable we'll just get marked out of games. Its work in progress so lets see what January brings. If we're around the 60-64 point mark by the end of the season that will be success, even if I can't see where the next win will come from at the moment. I hope Freeman doesn't get injured!

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Surely Freeman will be a key signing for someone in the transfer window, would be nice to make a few quid on a player, if we can re-invest well.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Yeah, great idea, flog off our one creative player to a Champ rival, and watch us plummet! aniclap

Glad you're not in charge!
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:05 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:06 pm
Yeah, great idea, flog off our one creative player to a Champ rival, and watch us plummet! aniclap

Glad you're not in charge!
Only creative player

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 am

I wasn't advocating we sell him, but I think clubs will be interested in him, we should be thinking that way.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:38 pm

whittonhoop wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 am
I wasn't advocating we sell him, but I think clubs will be interested in him, we should be thinking that way.
"would be nice to make a few quid on a player, if we can re-invest well."

Looked that way

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

I really think we should pullout all the stops to keep Freeman here. As posters have said he's more or less our only truly creative player. Some suggested that he would "go off the boil" after a few months but he still looks good. Perhaps he likes to be the biggest fish in the pond but as long as he puts in such good performances then so be it.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:59 pm

I think he'll be happy being our main man, regular footy & not a million miles from Kent where he grew up.

I doubt a premier club would come in for him & not that many southern sides in our division, nah I'm quite confident that he's happy at Qpr.

But obviously money does talk of course.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm

I think this is a case of stirring the pot and creating a story but I thought I would post it anyway. I would be pleasantly surprised if he chose to rejin us, even if just for a loan spell.
https://www.smartbets.com/what-are-the- ... club-odds/
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.