Frustrating!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Frustrating!

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:34 am

"4. SYLLA: I've been begging for Idrissa to get a start. Smith can't last. Washington, after his great first game of the season is simply not potent enough despite all his endeavour and Mackie, despite his three goals, is not an out and out striker. To me, he has to have a run in the side and I'm only more convinced of that after Friday. First half I thought he was very good. It would be very hard for anyone to claim that he didn't work and chase and harry, but more than that he held the ball up well, took it on that magnificent chest, laid it off, made himself available and bundled past challenges. His best display for us I think, in that first half, up there with his great performance away at Reading last season. The only thing missing was a decent chance - he had one, but he was offside and comically blazed over anyway. "
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:47 am

"Wholeheartedly agree on Sylla. He showed a willingness to do the out of possession work in a way seldom seen from him before and he was very effective in the first half as a central pivot. Hope he's done enough to show Ollie that he deserves a run as our starting striker.

He's not perfect, but he offers the most concrete goal threat, and is both mobile and a competent target man. I don't think all 3 can be said for any of Mackie, Smith or Conor."

Just a couple of the reports posted from people who went to the game rather than the denigrating comments from the Brentford and Chelsea trolls who seem to be taking over this MB.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:34 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:47 am
"Wholeheartedly agree on Sylla. He showed a willingness to do the out of possession work in a way seldom seen from him before and he was very effective in the first half as a central pivot. Hope he's done enough to show Ollie that he deserves a run as our starting striker.

He's not perfect, but he offers the most concrete goal threat, and is both mobile and a competent target man. I don't think all 3 can be said for any of Mackie, Smith or Conor."

Just a couple of the reports posted from people who went to the game rather than the denigrating comments from the Brentford and Chelsea trolls who seem to be taking over this MB.
Bravo bravo everyone that didn't attend the game & thought Sylla wasn't as great as Esox said he was supports Brentford & Chelsea :roll:

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:22 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 pm
Just like Brentford they have a squad full of players that you can't pronounce or have never heard of yet they are all tidy quick decent players, God only knows who scouts abroad for us whoever it is needs shooting.
Agreed, Our head of scouting is a guy called Ian Butterworth and although I know we've brought in Scowen and Freeman recently
I do want guys whose names are unpronounceable as it's a global game, but I get the impression that the scouting staff are not
fully on top of their brief in looking at guys from say France, and the Low Countries where players are more technically adept.
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:22 am

Polter
Chery
Borysiuk
Sylla
Wszołek
N'Gbakoto

All signed from overseas (6 different leagues). The first two we made small profits on from what i understand; the second two have imo a lot of potential; the 5th was one of our best players last season; the 6th, i'll admit the jury is out on. For our apparently nascent scouting corps i would say that's fairly international in outlook.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:40 am

Satch wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:22 am
Polter
Chery
Borysiuk
Sylla
Wszołek
N'Gbakoto

All signed from overseas (6 different leagues). The first two we made small profits on from what i understand; the second two have imo a lot of potential; the 5th was one of our best players last season; the 6th, i'll admit the jury is out on. For our apparently nascent scouting corps i would say that's fairly international in outlook.
The total outlay for that lot wasn't cheap Satch, and hardly find of the century.

Pay me x amount a year & I could find you 2-3m players playing in Europes smaller leagues.

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 am

Fulhams players were considerably more expensive than ours. Fonte was 8m and cant take a pen. Some bloke they brought off the bench was 5m. Ojo is on loan from Liverpool and the other winger came on a free from zenit on serious wages.

So it's not like they are unearthing diamonds out of nowhere. They are paying for quality and getting it.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:37 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:40 am
Satch wrote:
Polter
Chery
Borysiuk
Sylla
Wszołek
N'Gbakoto

The total outlay for that lot wasn't cheap Satch, and hardly find of the century.

Pay me x amount a year & I could find you 2-3m players playing in Europes smaller leagues.
In the context of current championship transfers i'd say it wasn't bad, I also personally think better man management and we'd only be debating N'Gbakoto.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:28 pm

RType wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 am
Fulhams players were considerably more expensive than ours. Fonte was 8m and cant take a pen. Some bloke they brought off the bench was 5m. Ojo is on loan from Liverpool and the other winger came on a free from zenit on serious wages.

So it's not like they are unearthing diamonds out of nowhere. They are paying for quality and getting it.
Didn't realise they paid such high fees for the lads, I guess getting aluko on a free & selling him to Reading for 7m helps matters.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Satch wrote:
Polter
Chery
Borysiuk
Sylla
Wszołek
N'Gbakoto

Hey, we're singing from the same hymn sheet Lala :)
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:08 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Satch wrote:
Polter
Chery
Borysiuk
Sylla
Wszołek
N'Gbakoto

But would they be better? i think only Chery and N'Gbakoto cost 2m+, right?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Chery was £2.25m and Nbakoto was £1.75m.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:17 pm
Ah ok, had a memory of N'Gbakoto being £2.25m and Chery £2.75m. I don't think anyone cost more, did they?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 pm
dm wrote:
Ah ok, had a memory of N'Gbakoto being £2.25m and Chery £2.75m. I don't think anyone cost more, did they?
I remember Anderlecht turning down a 2.5m offer for Sylla from wolves, we got him for undisclosed fee

You would have to hazard a guess that it was around that figure if not more.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:32 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 pm
Satch wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 pm
dm wrote:
I remember Anderlecht turning down a 2.5m offer for Sylla from wolves, we got him for undisclosed fee

You would have to hazard a guess that it was around that figure if not more.
Didn't the original deal fall through due to fitness concerns?