Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Fulham

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

carrotstick
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Fulham

Post by carrotstick » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:48 pm
For me take Robinson off. Get bidwell on the left side of the 3 centre backs. Move lynch. Get pawel on that left side and wheeler to the right. Pawel is left footed. Switch it up.
Pavel's left foot is sh1t , surely he's right footed? MOM for me Robinson
Last edited by carrotstick on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Gob-smacked to see the Sky stats - 25 goal attempts!!? I must've dozed off for an hour or more. But only 4 on target tells a truer story. Did their keeper save anything of note?

Could easily have been 2-2 by the end, but we'd barely have deserved it. The question is: can this coaching staff coax any more cohesion and conviction from these players?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Fulham defended well just like Millwall did, we showed some fight in the final quarter, there first goal was lucky & we didn't get the luck of the bounce on more than one occasion.

Fulham will be top 6-8 & dominate teams with possession this season I think we held our own we just coudnt match them technically.

I think it's time Mackie and Wozsolek are given a rest give the newbies a start.

P.s our defence at times looks non league which is a massive worry talk about left out of position and pedestrian.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Thought Robinson had a good game tonight. Freeman showed as much quality as anyone from both sides on the park. Lack of consistently good final ball against a Fulham team which did not look too clever defensively.

Enough there to take some positives but Alex does need to work on his headers.

Come away from watching plenty of other games far more despondent.

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LewiHoop » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:21 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 pm
LewiHoop wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:48 pm
For me take Robinson off. Get bidwell on the left side of the 3 centre backs. Move lynch. Get pawel on that left side and wheeler to the right. Pawel is left footed. Switch it up.
Pavel's left foot is sh1t , surely he's right footed? MOM for me Robinson
Robinson was Excellent second half I must say. Pawel is a left footer. Just watch the first half. Also Luongo was absolutely superb. Why do we need to go 2 down tho? Teams with pace out wide must be licking their lips

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm

We had some fair opportunities to get on the score sheet throughout the game - didn't take them and left Fulham feeling more comfortable than they should have.

Sessegno n has had a major impact for Fulham and thought Pac did well to contain him but didn't get his own attacking game going. In hindsight, if Pav's creativity was partly cancelled out with his role for the team, then maybe IH should have looked at a different player up front instead of Mackie or Sylla?

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:34 pm

Tommy Smith hit the nail on the head, Fulham were better on the ball, had that little bit more quality.

As I said I think Ollie could have done better with his team selection tonight, certainly with his substitutions, but it’s that Ollie spirit that comes through the team with their maximum effort that will see us through until our extensive scouting department does it’s thing in each transfer window.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:47 pm

In places Fulham did put some decent passing together but felt we put some nice bits of link play in there too - perhaps the difference was they had pace options to play into.

Thought our closing of play was the better on view and the foul count evidenced how they stopped us.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:23 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:01 pm
Fulham defended well just like Millwall did, we showed some fight in the final quarter, there first goal was lucky & we didn't get the luck of the bounce on more than one occasion.

Fulham will be top 6-8 & dominate teams with possession this season I think we held our own we just coudnt match them technically.

I think it's time Mackie and Wozsolek are given a rest give the newbies a start.

P.s our defence at times looks non league which is a massive worry talk about left out of position and pedestrian.
It's a worry, but let's be honest it's makeshift Robinson as the central man, constant changes, i'm no fan of Lynch but he's not played in weeks. We have been genuinely unlucky on that front.

Wszołek has been poor, my only concern is if the other lads can cover the right flank. Could always give Furlong a run. I want to see more of the new lads, but also don't want to see a ton of pressure heaped on players making a step up and then before you know it, 3 performances in, they're getting booed and disappear into the U23s.