Lineup / prediction v Fulham

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Lineup / prediction v Fulham

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:33 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:48 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:35 pm

I thought the thread was the likely line up not how you would pick the team.
If I picked the team we would be top by 10 points, you should know that sheep :D
Only if you picked yourself to be our 30 goal a season striker! Put me down for Left Full Back and I'll give you 20% of my wages in cash. As the manager will you be negotiating my contract renewal?

:)
I would say these days I'm more of a 20 goal a season man & I don't think to much of Bidwell so yeah left back shouldn't be a problem.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:37 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:51 pm
I feel we'll get the best out of Freeman as an attacking CM rather than expecting him to do battle with CBs.

He's also part of the best bit of the team by far - our midfield 3 - who have quickly developed a fantastic understanding between them. It would be madness to break that up.
Free role like Taarabt roam the space pick up the ball in dangerous attacking areas, I wouldn't expect him to play right up top and mix it with CB's that's what Smith & Sylla are for, I'd just prefer it if he didn't have to beat two defenders & run a mile to get a shot away.

We've picked up 3 points from the last 12 available, I wouldn't object to trying something different.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:07 pm

T-Block wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:18 pm
Washington will start.Ollie's been resting him for this game. Mackie and Washington upfront a certainty
Mackie also been rested. Mackie will give it his all and will really up his game.
Smith will come on at 70 minutes almost whatever.
Wildcard is Wheeler.Pave is after Luongo our best player,but he looks all wrong at the moment.
Wheeler to start with Pav as a possible sub.

Pav just get into their penalty box.then do what you want you will cause havok....
Agree about Wszolek. He hasn't seemed right for a little while. I'd bench him and play Wheeler for the surprise element. He's a player who does get in the box as we've seen, and is very good in the air for his size.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Not sure the Washington/Mackie pressing combination would be so effective against Fulham - think Smith should start, and would go for :-

Smithies

Furlong
Baptiste
Lynch

Wzsolek
Scowen
Luongo
Freeman
Bidwell

Smith
Wheeler

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:09 pm

3-1 to us. Heart says. Ignoring head.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Not sure if lala has noticed but the midfield 3 of Freebase, Scowen and Luongo has been more effective than any formation in the last couple of decades. Breaking up this troika ain't going to happen.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:54 am

Greyhound wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 pm
Not sure if lala has noticed but the midfield 3 of Freebase, Scowen and Luongo has been more effective than any formation in the last couple of decades. Breaking up this troika ain't going to happen.
Ok I conceed on that, they are a decent trio, I'm just underwhelmed with what's infront of them tbh, just wish the rest of the park was as affective as those three.

Just thought if we can get Freeman more goalscoring opportunities it might help, had he have been taking the amount of shots at goal that CW has had he'd prob be on double figures by now.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:29 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:54 am
Greyhound wrote:
Ok I conceed on that, they are a decent trio, I'm just underwhelmed with what's infront of them tbh, just wish the rest of the park was as affective as those three.

Just thought if we can get Freeman more goalscoring opportunities it might help, had he have been taking the amount of shots at goal that CW has had he'd prob be on double figures by now.
Cousins will be fit soon and could fit into that three freeing up Freeman so to speak

The trouble is the press doesn't work if you gave freeman that Adel style free roam licence

Unless cousins and scowen can do the work of three on their own?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Happier times for this fixture.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20650099
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:54 am
Greyhound wrote:

He doesn't go shy off shots tbf. I think he does better being able to collect the ball in a bit of space and run with it. If you play him off Sylla, you restrict that a bit and inevitably put him with his back to goal and needing to get into the box more (we aren't clear how natural a finisher he is). He's also important to our build up play, if you take that out we might not be getting the ball that far up the pitch. A lot of people at his past clubs feel he flattered to deceive, i wonder if that's down to where he played. I really like that midfield 3 (with Borysiuk, Cousins and Manning nice cover). So i'd be reluctant to break that up.

I'd like to see Washington play off Sylla, there has been a lot of talk about him needing to be in a two upfront to get goals, yet we've not played him with a target man. Being alongside Mackie won't do the trick, when we're banging balls up top. I appreciate he's not looking like the next Austin, but if we want to judge him on goals, lets have a crack at playing him in the most effective way.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:11 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:47 am
Worringly, Foulhamlet seem to be recovering from their poor start.
They are, and tonight will be our toughest match of the season.
Staff Benda Bilili

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:51 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am
I'm preparing myself for 1-4.
Surely you mean 4-1 to the Supa????

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:51 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am
I'm preparing myself for 1-4.
Surely you mean 4-1 to the Supa????
Alas no but I hope I'm wrong.....
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:26 pm

3-2. Second half hat-trick. Sylla
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.