Conor Washington

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Conor Washington

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:02 pm

A lot has been said against him but i think you must take into account that he can't do much when people just lob balls up to him when he is against 6ft 5 defenders. It is not his game and you could see yday he was seriously annoyed. I am sure this was not the game plan but Burton closed us down quickly and we were just a bit slow all game. The result when you are harried is to launch it . Having said that i don't think Mackie or Washington make enough runs. You often see them waiting for a ball to be played rather than creating a space for the ball to be played into. Maybe Washington would do better if he had more movement?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Conor Washington

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Funny I hear more excuses for CW on here than any other player in the history of Qpr.

There should be a book on it, with different chapters of his career at Qpr.

Atleast with bob Malcolm bosingwa borrowdale etc people just said it how it was.

The sooner people just suck it up & admit he's never gonna cut it the better.

He shows determination and work rate but I'd rather a lazy sod that does nothing for 89mins and scores a goal.

Stop making excuses for Washington.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:30 pm

He needs some intense shooting practice that's for sure. aniwall
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes Washington is not cutting it at the moment.But the spending days are over.The only thing I can suggest he practices and practices and develops a very hard shot-that would be a start.
But as fans we have to accept two things: 1.The new QPR set-up will have to carry players in the hope they improve.2.Accept the fact that fans may miss potential where others see it ,i.e. we as fans are not good judges of potential.Knee-jerks after results are not moments of good judgement.

If you want the finished article, be like all other kids who want everything now, and go and watch a premiership side.

Otherwise support the kid the best we can.

Lala the choice is yours

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 pm

T-Block wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:14 pm
Yes Washington is not cutting it at the moment.But the spending days are over.The only thing I can suggest he practices and practices and develops a very hard shot-that would be a start.
But as fans we have to accept two things: 1.The new QPR set-up will have to carry players in the hope they improve.2.Accept the fact that fans may miss potential where others see it ,i.e. we as fans are not good judges of potential.Knee-jerks after results are not moments of good judgement.

If you want the finished article, be like all other kids who want everything now, and go and watch a premiership side.

Otherwise support the kid the best we can.

Lala the choice is yours
I didn't start the thread, I just gave an opinion on how it's starting to become comical how someone comes on here every week with an excuse for Washington.

His league record is 1 in 7, he has been at the club for over a year & a half, it's not a case of not seeing potential or wanting the finished artical right here & now, he's 25 he is what he is a hardworking enthusiastic player that gives a lot for the badge uptop, the simple point I made is stop making excuses for him & start admitting that Washington will never be the goalscorer we all want him to be.

I'll support him I have nothing against the lad, I just realised a long time ago that he's not a goalscorer.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:36 pm

I agree with what's been said, which makes it all the more imperative we have a playing strategy/game plan that operates to people's strengths. Accordingly, I hope lessons will be learned from that first half v Burton, and that CW's reported frustration can be positively and tactically channelled going forwards by the coaching team. It sounds like we badly missed Luongo on Saturday, and I also agree we need another midfield playmaker, plus a goalscorer. That said, 12 goals in 9 games isn't too terribly shabby, and we definitely have a squad with something to work with.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 am

Exactly
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 am

Exactly

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:01 am

sorry Girls
I'm in "The tropics" so pc not doing what I want/expect it to do.....hence duplicate post
scorpions I fancy....
the heat.....

and I'm only in Copenhagen.....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:34 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 am

Exactly

Yeah us fans know nothing, the superstar young signings and millions in sell on's the club keep producing prove that :roll:

Southcoast Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Southcoast Ranger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Two words - Les & Ferdinand ....

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Southcoast Ranger wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 pm
Two words - Les & Ferdinand ....
Adn your point is? :roll:
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:25 pm

Strikers who appear to have limited ability to start with can sometimes (occasionally) turn out to be much better and sell for more than we paid to start with.

OK, so it requires a loan to Turkey and quality like Wilkins to support him on the pitch but then I'm only guessing.....

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Look at the videos of Washington playing and scoring for Peterborough. Difficult to see it’s the same player.

Sometimes we get a glimpse, the goal against Forest at home last season which helped get us out of the sh1t for instance.

We bought him, played him, dropped him, played him, dropped him, played him out wide.

You sign a player like Conor then in a way you have to adapt your game to accomodate him and reap the rewards, if the quality is there. We have never done that with Conor so I don’t think he has had a completely fair chance.

Is Conor Washington a good striker at Championship level? I don’t know.

Is he a good striker at QPR? I don’t believe so but sometimes player and club just don’t work out.

This is why I want to see Wheeler play for us now whilst he is still the confident goal scoring winger we signed.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:23 pm

The issue Rbee is whether we have any competent strikers at the club.
Cows arse and banjo come to mind with Sylla, Washington and Smith,
so yes, we should give Wheeler a decent run out
Staff Benda Bilili