Some good news on injuries

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Some good news on injuries

Post by dm » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Dave Mc says Scowen, Washington and Freeman should all be fine for Saturday: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foot ... ate-092017

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Some good news on injuries

Post by 222gers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Pity there's no news on defenders - we have midfielders coming out of our ears, metaphorically. I understand Mackie and Scowen can do a turn at full back but it's the centre backs that are of course the worry. Looks like we can forget about Caulker.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Further down the article it says Lynch is close to a return which is at least something.

On Twitter Dave Mc has said he thinks we're looking for a free agent CB.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Have seen mention of us looking at Joel Ekstrand.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Still think we should have taken a punt on Clint Hill... Even more so since Onuoha has been ruled out.

Cousins and Shodipo are back in training now too.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Having Grant Hall back will be like a new signing!

I wonder how he's doing?
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 pm
Pity there's no news on defenders - we have midfielders coming out of our ears, metaphorically. I understand Mackie and Scowen can do a turn at full back but it's the centre backs that are of course the worry. Looks like we can forget about Caulker.
An expensive agreed lapse of memory if so, given the money he's on not to play, commit crime and appear in The Guardian. The guy's played less than 50 games for us since he joined - let's not forget for £8m - three years ago. Though perhaps the club are protecting him/their declining 'asset', is he injured, 'injured', training/not training, competing for a starting place, or what? If his mental issues are ongoing, the club surely now hs to take a view on his contract, and discuss with him what the options are. Considering Ollie was talking up the new rejuvenated version at the beginning of the season, his marginalisation now is maddening. Both sides need to man up and deal with things, finally, and show some respect for the support.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:59 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 pm
222gers wrote:
An expensive agreed lapse of memory if so, given the money he's on not to play, commit crime and appear in The Guardian. The guy's played less than 50 games for us since he joined - let's not forget for £8m - three years ago. Though perhaps the club are protecting him/their declining 'asset', is he injured, 'injured', training/not training, competing for a starting place, or what? If his mental issues are ongoing, the club surely now hs to take a view on his contract, and discuss with him what the options are. Considering Ollie was talking up the new rejuvenated version at the beginning of the season, his marginalisation now is maddening. Both sides need to man up and deal with things, finally, and show some respect for the support.
:shock:
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
222gers wrote:
Yes, maning up is a great solution to depression, not as effective as pulling yourself together, but close.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:02 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Both sides need to man up and deal with things, finally, and show some respect for the support.
Really? that is your solution. After all the posts on here about what depression means and you consciously chose to write that. aniwall aniwall aniwall
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 am

n22hoop wrote:
Having Grant Hall back will be like a new signing!

I wonder how he's doing?
Struggling, apparently...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:16 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
222gers wrote:
What do you think the options are ?

He's out of contract next summer, so the likelihood is he will see that out and then be released. We could offer him a pay-off, but given that he has reportedly lost a lot of money through his gambling problem, I imagine he will take the maximum he can for as long as he can. It may not be the honourable thing to do, but it's understandable given his current situation.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:02 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
Both sides need to man up and deal with things, finally, and show some respect for the support.
Really? that is your solution. After all the posts on here about what depression means and you consciously chose to write that. aniwall aniwall aniwall
Interesting how Caulker doesn't get the same sympathy as Carlisle or the (albeit more tragic) Dave Clement.
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:16 am
stainrod's elbow wrote:
222gers wrote:
What do you think the options are ?

He's out of contract next summer, so the likelihood is he will see that out and then be released. We could offer him a pay-off, but given that he has reportedly lost a lot of money through his gambling problem, I imagine he will take the maximum he can for as long as he can. It may not be the honourable thing to do, but it's understandable given his current situation.
If his knee was in pieces then we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Lasy years hip injury seems a real shame, he seemed to be in a good place all around prior to it. Obviously, a relapse could have happened anytime, but were it not for that he might be doing a lot better.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:13 am

Re Caulker, I used to work in mental health, so I am not for one moment downplaying the reality or seriousness of bona fide clinical depression. I think several reasons he's received less sympathy than CC, though, may have something to do with his gambling, his drunken social violence, his endless injuries (real or political) and then his statements to the press that his eyes were opened, he's a new man etc., after a visit to Africa, before promptly going off the rails again. He seems to have difficulty taking real responsibility for his life, even if his Guardian interview painted a hopeful picture, and to have too many problems for a credible professional footballer. The guy's 25, has been talked of as England material and should be nearing his peak, but he still seems unable to string together even two or three decent games, and I personally am just about out of patience.

All that said, my frustation is more pragmatic than judgmental. After all the self-publicity, patience and support for his manager, he still doesn't seem to be competing for a place or even on the bench - and the club obviously don't think it's important to communicate with the fans either way. Meanwhile he's costing us a small fortune. If he's not going to be helping us this season in any real and sustained way, I think he should do the decent thing and renegotiate a 'pay as you play' deal with the club, if not agree to a contract release. It's bloody ridiculous when fans here just accept we can forget about him now, either way.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 am

And you know that it's not bona fide clinical depression how? :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.