Fine margins

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Fine margins

Post by stainrod's elbow » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Had either of those woodwork-striking attempts from Freeman and Washington gone in, we'd have been sitting pretty in fifth tonight,looking over the shoulders of Cardiff and Leeds. As it is, we're 10th,at the back of a 6 club jogging pack separated by a single point. (Probably it was a point gained on the night, but no cigar.)

I expect IH will be saying the cup's half-full after tonight's performance. But a half-full cup is still half-empty, if you know what I mean. It could be even better for us right now.

By my calculations, if we extrapolated our points-to games haul so far over 46 games (72 points), and teleported ourselves back into last year's end of season table, we'd have snuck into the play-offs. Do we think this team could do that for real?

Tonight, I'll get off the fence and say I think we could finish anywhere between 5th and 13th. I wear a mangled smile. :?
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star