Line up vs Millwall

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Line up vs Millwall

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Great game honestly thought we would do it at 2-2.

It was nothing short of a training exercise second half but hats off to Millwall they would have done anything tonite not to lose, dirty bastards good goalkeeping & lucky.

Can't fault our boys second half although to switch off and go 2-0 down was sloppy, gave ourselves just that little bit to much to do.

Best game I've been to for a while although we didn't get the 3 points.

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:42 am

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:45 pm
I can see why Ollie values Smith, Mackie and Washington for what he's trying to do - I think we all can. The one thing they have in common, unfortunately, is that all three will struggle to break into double figures this season in the onion-bag rustling department. I don't think any will make 15, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if two of them make 10+. Sylla is looking like he'll be peripheral at best, though he's probably the one most capable of doing so.

The interesting thing about Smith is he has the best 'minutes per goals' statistic (at 65 minutes) of the top 25 Championship scorers so far.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:40 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:57 pm

It was nothing short of a training exercise second half but hats off to Millwall they would have done anything tonite not to lose, dirty bastards good goalkeeping & lucky.

Can't fault our boys second half although to switch off and go 2-0 down was sloppy, gave ourselves just that little bit to much to do.

Really the second half might have been exciting but that does not excuse the first half. We were completely lost and this was obvious very early on and there seemed to be no attempt to try and change it from the players or more importantly from the manager.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 am

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:40 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Really the second half might have been exciting but that does not excuse the first half. We were completely lost and this was obvious very early on and there seemed to be no attempt to try and change it from the players or more importantly from the manager.
I agree we looked woeful and devoid of any ideas upuntil the sending off which is baffling considering how well played on Saturday.

Crabsandwich
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am

Thought they closed us down well, put a lot of pressure on us and made it difficult for us to play. Ref was completely out of his depth, a red card was inevitable and I thought it was nailed on for Ned or Freeman (Ned's booking was a joke, Freeman's was fully deserved) but was delighted that it was one of theirs... they abandoned their gameplan completely and just let us have the ball. I thought we'd win and on another night with a bit of luck another one of those chances would have gone in.

Still, a very good point in the circumstances.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:18 am

Crabsandwich wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am
Thought they closed us down well, put a lot of pressure on us and made it difficult for us to play. Ref was completely out of his depth, a red card was inevitable and I thought it was nailed on for Ned or Freeman (Ned's booking was a joke, Freeman's was fully deserved) but was delighted that it was one of theirs... they abandoned their gameplan completely and just let us have the ball. I thought we'd win and on another night with a bit of luck another one of those chances would have gone in.

I believe he is usually a prem ref too!
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:18 am
Crabsandwich wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am

I believe he is usually a prem ref too!
He is a Premier ref and didn't he just show it ? Taking it upon himself to stop the game when the guidelines say you carry on unless there is a serious injury, stopping the game while he baby-sat the 4th official, not giving their keeper a second yellow for continuing to waste time, not adding on the correct amount of added time. Making sure he was the centre of attention essentially,
Come on you Sooopa ........

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 am

Well, we did slightly better than the league leaders did against them. Leeds only only managed one, off target, shot against them all game. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:52 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 am
Well, we did slightly better than the league leaders did against them. Leeds only only managed one, off target, shot against them all game. :D
Yeah but we played them at our place and they we're down to 10 men for the majority of the game. I actually think Millwall are a good side and should do quite well in the Championship this season.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:33 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:52 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 am
Yeah but we played them at our place and they we're down to 10 men for the majority of the game. I actually think Millwall are a good side and should do quite well in the Championship this season.
we still had more shots than them whilst 'wall had 11 on the grass. I agree the they are a decent, if hard to play against, side and it would appear that they did a number on Leeds.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.