Baptiste

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Baptiste

Post by T-Block » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Very good on Saturday.Needs mentioning.
Solves the central defensive problem until Hall is fit.Even then difficult to dislodge.

Best passer in the defence

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Baptiste

Post by PeterS » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Totally agree, he looked really solid. I think Nedun will benefit from playing next to him. IF Hall ever gets fit then I see him in a back three with those two and Jack competing with Bidwell for the left back/wing back role

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 pm

He did well and looked a different player to nervous wreck who first arrived. That said he'll have far more difficult games that Saturday's and I expect he'll get one tomorrow if he plays.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 pm
He did well and looked a different player to nervous wreck who first arrived. That said he'll have far more difficult games that Saturday's and I expect he'll get one tomorrow if he plays.
Do you have something personal against him?

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Nervous wreck ? Really.
It is strange we all can decide whether a player is any good within the first ten minutes of playing in a QPR shirt!

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm

My memory of his debut was a nervous 10 minutes at the start then he really settled into the game and became more adventurous as the game wore on. The CB position seems to be an area where the squad size has helped out and, after watching the game against Ipswich, the three that started on Saturday coped well with an experienced attack who were flying high before their matches against West London opposition.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:51 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 pm
dm wrote:
No, should I?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:55 pm

T-Block wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:01 pm
Nervous wreck ? Really.
It is strange we all can decide whether a player is any good within the first ten minutes of playing in a QPR shirt!
Yes he was a nervous wreck as he didn't want possession of the ball. That was my judgement of his performance in his first game.

You'll see in my post above what my judgement of his performance on Saturday.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm
My memory of his debut was a nervous 10 minutes at the start then he really settled into the game and became more adventurous as the game wore on. The CB position seems to be an area where the squad size has helped out and, after watching the game against Ipswich, the three that started on Saturday coped well with an experienced attack who were flying high before their matches against West London opposition.
Agree with the above, and DM. Thought Baptiste didn't look ready against Brentford but he looked quite comfortable on Saturday against a pretty accomplished front three.

Personally though I was much more encouraged by Robinson at left centre back. I thought he really came of age on Saturday.

Also Washington - some excellent much more instinctive touches from him on Saturday much more akin to what you would want to see from a Championship striker.

Real evidence that Robinson and Washington have worked hard at their games on Saturday.
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:19 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:51 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 pm
dm wrote:
No, should I?
If I recal you wasn't to keen when we signed him, you've kinda praised him now but set him up for a fall saying he'll have much more difficult games to come.

Just thought maybe you had a dislike for him like I do for a number of players & managers.

Personally I'm grateful we got him, with only one fit CB available in Onuoha we would have been up sh*t street without him.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:21 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:57 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm
Agree with the above, and DM. Thought Baptiste didn't look ready against Brentford but he looked quite comfortable on Saturday against a pretty accomplished front three.

Personally though I was much more encouraged by Robinson at left centre back. I thought he really came of age on Saturday.

Also Washington - some excellent much more instinctive touches from him on Saturday much more akin to what you would want to see from a Championship striker.

Real evidence that Robinson and Washington have worked hard at their games on Saturday.
Personally I'd like to see goals from a championship striker.

hammersmith_hoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by hammersmith_hoop » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Baptiste was playing at right back not CB.

I'm confused!

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:32 pm

hammersmith_hoop wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm
Baptiste was playing at right back not CB.

I'm confused!
Started on the right of a back 3 and it changed to a back 4 when he played as a RB. Ollie has the whole 11 playing a very fluid formation.