Clint Hill's back!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Clint Hill's back!

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Couldn't care if he comes in purely as a last resort I would love Clint back. A fantastic professional who will do nothing but have a positive influence over the club.

Hopefully welcome back Mr Hill

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Great to hear he's back: hope he stays on in some capacity. Would be more than happy to see him play a few games if necessary!
Lex Talionis........

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Very good news that he's back. For me him returning is a nod towards getting his positive
energy/attitude somehow funneled into the various teams.
Can only benefit the youths he's played with today. Good move again Rangers!
Staff Benda Bilili

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:18 pm

I bet Clint made that decision after meeting me at Carlisle last week !

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 pm

IJM wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:18 pm
I bet Clint made that decision after meeting me at Carlisle last week !
Nah I think it's more to do with him marking Christian Grey out the game last week..

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:40 pm
Yes on the offish. Picture was quite blurry and the sound was wind affected. I couldn't really make out the players identities easily but I am not that familiar with them anyway. If the player I thought was Chris Paul is him then he looks like a real prospect. A kind of Glenn Roeder/ Rio Ferdinand type of confident defender. Chris Ramsey has done an excellent job of revitalising the youngsters at the club. They play with a lot of flair and in the style of the first team.
Bugger, that would have been a bit of a treat after a heavy weekend. I enjoyed our win at Brentford last week.

I'd had high hopes CP would break into the first team, hopefully, he's on the cusp, a little concerned he isn't out on loan yet. I like Ramsey's eye for a player and i really respect the bloke for going back to that role after being fired.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:23 am

Satch wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Yes on the offish. Picture was quite blurry and the sound was wind affected. I couldn't really make out the players identities easily but I am not that familiar with them anyway. If the player I thought was Chris Paul is him then he looks like a real prospect. A kind of Glenn Roeder/ Rio Ferdinand type of confident defender. Chris Ramsey has done an excellent job of revitalising the youngsters at the club. They play with a lot of flair and in the style of the first team.
Bugger, that would have been a bit of a treat after a heavy weekend. I enjoyed our win at Brentford last week.

I'd had high hopes CP would break into the first team, hopefully, he's on the cusp, a little concerned he isn't out on loan yet. I like Ramsey's eye for a player and i really respect the bloke for going back to that role after being fired.
Upon reflection, it may have been Goss, I really couldn't tell.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:23 am
Satch wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

Upon reflection, it may have been Goss, I really couldn't tell.
It is a shame it's so hard to tell, even a list of players numbers on the day would help a fair bit.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 pm

I just watched the highlights on the offish and I'm fairly sure that it is Goss (8) that I thought looked good throughout the game. Paul (5, I think) does look good as well.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights ... on-u23s-0/

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 pm
I just watched the highlights on the offish and I'm fairly sure that it is Goss (8) that I thought looked good throughout the game. Paul (5, I think) does look good as well.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights ... on-u23s-0/
Get LaLa to watch :)

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 pm

Clint was there tonight in full training gear

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:29 pm

"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:03 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:29 pm
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qp ... hill-deal/

No return for Clint.
This surprises me. I can't imagine Clint would have made extravagant wage claims. When you think of the money the Rangers have thrown at hideously overrated and under committed players in the past....well.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:25 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:03 pm
n22hoop wrote:

No return for Clint.
This surprises me. I can't imagine Clint would have made extravagant wage claims. When you think of the money the Rangers have thrown at hideously overrated and under committed players in the past....well.
It was probably more to do with commitments over coaching roles and costs connected with them I would guess. It is a shame as you don't often come across players with his level of commitment and never say die attitude. I wish him well and maybe, one day in the future, we'll see him back at Loftus Road in a non playing role.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:53 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:03 pm
n22hoop wrote:

No return for Clint.
True, but let's be honest, i'd give 100% out there for the club and pay my 5 quid match fee. It doesn't mean i should be part of the set-up. I like Clint a lot, but if either party are not keen then let's accept it and move on. Hopefully we will see him back as a coach, but once he's proved himself, not becasue he's Clint Hill.