Attendance

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Attendance

Post by volpone » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am

Lots of gaps in Ellerslie and SAR from my perch in the Upper Loft. Ipswich, who were in second place at the start, brought a good following.

Given a lot of positive PR around the club and apparently a spread in The Sun yesterday on 100 years at LR, I would have expected more.

But is this our level when we are mid table in the Championship?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Attendance

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:44 am

Unfortunately I had to give yesterday a swerve as I was off hob nobbing with Felipe Massa at the Williams open day in Grove :D I would have loved to have been there for the 100th Anniversary parade etc. but I already committed to the open day long before the season began and the fixtures werre announced. Sounds like I missed another quality performance. I'll be there forthe rest of the season now and will try to bring a few more along with me for various games.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:55 am

Last season did a lot of damage. Truly awful football. The one before wasnt much better. Part of the reason I gave up my season ticket to be honest, but I was there yesterday and the Hull game which are the only ones I could make so far. Great entertainment in both games, if that carries on I doubt it'll be long before bums return to seats.
@kischmusic

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by volpone » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm

You're right. The football has been dire over the last two seasons at least. More days like yesterday and the crowds should return.
Hoop'83 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:55 am
Last season did a lot of damage. Truly awful football. The one before wasnt much better. Part of the reason I gave up my season ticket to be honest, but I was there yesterday and the Hull game which are the only ones I could make so far. Great entertainment in both games, if that carries on I doubt it'll be long before bums return to seats.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:02 pm

But we"ve been consistently around the 12k mark for many seasons in the Championship in the past, havent we?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Qpr home Average last two seasons in the championship..
15/16 - 15,994
16/17 - 14,475

Not to bad for a 18,000 stadium.

Considering the away support in the championship isn't the best we only actually have three other London clubs in a 24 team division I think the above averages aren't to bad. considering the cost of living rising and the product on the pitch deteriorating.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:55 pm

It's quality, not quantity.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:55 pm
It's quality, not quantity.
Yep I agree R block does the rest of the stadiums job for them.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:32 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:26 pm
Qpr home Average last two seasons in the championship..
15/16 - 15,994
16/17 - 14,475

Not to bad for a 18,000 stadium.

Considering the away support in the championship isn't the best we only actually have three other London clubs in a 24 team division I think the above averages aren't to bad. considering the cost of living rising and the product on the pitch deteriorating.
The size of the stadium surely isn't the significant factor - I'd say a 10% loss of support between last season and the one before is statistically worrying. And this season the early indicators are it may fall lower still. All of which suggests to me the club/team still have to fully win back the fanbase on the pitch.

Sorting out the Loft would be a start. Would love to see us taking the bull by the horns, putting in 'safe standing', and bringing some atmosphere back.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star