Sean Goss - to be loaned to Yeovil?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss - to be loaned to Yeovil?

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:33 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 am
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 am

Just for perspective that was the same cost as about 6 weeks of Joey Barton...
Barton was probably the only one that I can remember coming anywhere near to warranting his wage packet, about 20-30 on the list before you get to Barton.

Also we apparantly have no funds, to spend 500k on a youth team player was plain stupid imo, why on earth we coudnt just loan him for the remainder of last season is beyond me.
Yes that whole year we subsidised his holiday in France was definitely money well spent!

In my humble opinion we got about ten games out of Barton the whole time he was here

I do remember him stepping up for the Wigan play off games
So what about the promo season where he was a rock in CM & played nearly 40 games?

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:08 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 am

Barton was probably the only one that I can remember coming anywhere near to warranting his wage packet, about 20-30 on the list before you get to Barton.

Also we apparantly have no funds, to spend 500k on a youth team player was plain stupid imo, why on earth we coudnt just loan him for the remainder of last season is beyond me.
Yes that whole year we subsidised his holiday in France was definitely money well spent!

In my humble opinion we got about ten games out of Barton the whole time he was here

So what about the promo season where he was a rock in CM & played nearly 40 games?
I remember him 'playing' in 40 games, just like Onouha 'plays'
My main recolllection is Joey jogging alongside the oppo as they usually scored, or attempting a 40 yard crossfield pass when there was something else on

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 pm

See my earlier list of his "attributes" :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:08 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:

I remember him 'playing' in 40 games, just like Onouha 'plays'
My main recolllection is Joey jogging alongside the oppo as they usually scored, or attempting a 40 yard crossfield pass when there was something else on
Grossly unfair to mention Onuoha and Barton in the same breath.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Wiki has Barton playing nearly 100 games for QPR. Despite his questionable attitude on/off the pitch, he always put 100% into games - even if (like all players) he had off days. He should never have taken free kicks or corners mind.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:39 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm
Wiki has Barton playing nearly 100 games for QPR. Despite his questionable attitude on/off the pitch, he always put 100% into games - even if (like all players) he had off days. He should never have taken free kicks or corners mind.
I agree not the most talented but can't question his commitment on the field, if it weren't for his stupidity he would be the first on the Burnley team sheet playing premier league football.

I doubt he would have taken the Brentford defeat laying down, could have done with him in the changing room at half time.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:42 pm

That was half his problem in the dressing room, pointing fingers at everyone else except himself. It was what lead to Bobby Zamora's remarks about he'd rather be fishing than playing football. Barton was a grade A lady's front bottom at QPR and disliked by many of his team mates.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:47 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am
Devonranger wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 am
To be fair, Exeter have a decent manager in Paul Tisdale who does decent work in bringing youngsters through, and trying to play a decent style of football, which is not so easy amongst the kick and rush merchants.

May do Goss some good there.
Indeed, the Football League's longest serving manager with 11 years under his belt at Exeter!
Not that muppet that spends more time on his clober than his team talks and still ends up looking like a complete melt..

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:42 pm
That was half his problem in the dressing room, pointing fingers at everyone else except himself. It was what lead to Bobby Zamora's remarks about he'd rather be fishing than playing football. Barton was a grade A lady's front bottom at QPR and disliked by many of his team mates.
So was Roy Keane, would you have liked him in our midfield?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Roy Keane could play football.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:40 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Roy Keane could play football.
Ask Alf-Inge Haaland that.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am

Never worth 80k a week but Barton was great for us. He dragged the team up by the scruff of the neck in our promotion season and was our standout player in the PL too.

He was more than just a midfield wrecker. It's unfair to mention Barton and onouha in the same breath because Barton was twice the player. He was obviously a twat too, but I quite enjoyed the drama.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 am

stainesranger wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am
Never worth 80k a week but Barton was great for us. He dragged the team up by the scruff of the neck in our promotion season and was our standout player in the PL too.

He was more than just a midfield wrecker. It's unfair to mention Barton and onouha in the same breath because Barton was twice the player. He was obviously a twat too, but I quite enjoyed the drama.
Yes but Barton can't play foootball remember, 2 promotions in 3yrs, making PFA team of the year & Burnley player of the year means nothing.

His fellow professionals who played against him all season voted for him in team of the year but hey what do they know, ask Esox if you want the only opinion that counts, he can judge a player better than the entire playing staff of the football league championship put together.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:36 pm

stainesranger wrote:

:lol:

Cobblers, If Onuoha made the number of mistakes Barton did he'd be lynched on Shepherd's Bush green. There's a lot of milage charging around the pitch yelling because you lost the ball. I agree there were times we needed him and times he added some bite, but he wasn't an especially good footballer, who had delusions of grandeur and i disagree that he carried the team. However, he was certainly an important part of it. It was also a huge error for Warnock to strip Taarabt of the captaincy as soon as Barton walked through the door.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:04 pm

stainesranger wrote:

He was more than just a midfield wrecker. It's unfair to mention Barton and Onuoha in the same breath because Barton made twenty times more mistakes during a game but got away with it by blaming his team mates. He was obviously a twat too, but I quite enjoyed the drama.
The unbowdlerised version.