Sean Goss - to be loaned to Yeovil?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Sean Goss - to be loaned to Yeovil?

Post by kernowhoop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:03 am

Reports link Goss with a loan to Yeovil. A great little club that has seen better times, but, one that might be just what he needs.
Sorry about Charlie's penalty on that day when you out-played us, Yeovil. See how you get on with this chap, but, send him back in good nick when he is ready, please.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss - to be loaned to Yeovil?

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:19 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:03 am
Reports link Goss with a loan to Yeovil. A great little club that has seen better times, but, one that might be just what he needs.
Sorry about Charlie's penalty on that day when you out-played us, Yeovil. See how you get on with this chap, but, send him back in good nick when he is ready, please.
I'm confused he's 22 in October but not ready for the first team.

From what I've seen of him he's sh*t, we signed a player that had never played first team football before at any level & now the gaffer doesn't fancy him.

It's not Goss I blame I mean the lad has only ever played development / reserve football, it's the clever c*nt at Qpr that decided to part with 500k for him!

The fact he didn't even get on the bench against Northampton or Brentford says it all, when you have the likes of Chair at 19 given a chance.

I said it was a joke from day one when we signed a player with no first team experience everyone shot me down, I've flown a solo flag.

So 500k & nearly 9 months later he can't get a kick & is going to the dregs of the football league Yeovil.

Well done rangers see you've learnt your lesson in the transfer market & spent our last bit of dough on something worthwhile aniclap

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:23 am

It's also been mooted Goss will be loaned to Exeter, where he began his career, as part of the Wheeler deal.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:33 am

dm wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:23 am
It's also been mooted Goss will be loaned to Exeter, where he began his career, as part of the Wheeler deal.
Jesus that's even worse how low can it get for the lad, being a bargaining tool so we can sign a league two player.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:19 am
kernowhoop wrote:

From what I've seen of him he's sh*t, we signed a player that had never played first team football before at any level & now the gaffer doesn't fancy him.

It's not Goss I blame I mean the lad has only ever played development / reserve football, it's the clever c*nt at Qpr that decided to part with 500k for him!

The fact he didn't even get on the bench against Northampton or Brentford says it all, when you have the likes of Chair at 19 given a chance.

I said it was a joke from day one when we signed a player with no first team experience everyone shot me down, I've flown a solo flag.

So 500k & nearly 9 months later he can't get a kick & is going to the dregs of the football league Yeovil.

Well done rangers see you've learnt your lesson in the transfer market & spent our last bit of dough on something worthwhile aniclap
Just for perspective that was the same cost as about 6 weeks of Joey Barton...

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 am

To be fair, Exeter have a decent manager in Paul Tisdale who does decent work in bringing youngsters through, and trying to play a decent style of football, which is not so easy amongst the kick and rush merchants.

May do Goss some good there.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 am

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
kernowhoop wrote:

Barton was probably the only one that I can remember coming anywhere near to warranting his wage packet, about 20-30 on the list before you get to Barton.

Also we apparantly have no funds, to spend 500k on a youth team player was plain stupid imo, why on earth we coudnt just loan him for the remainder of last season is beyond me.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am

Devonranger wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 am
To be fair, Exeter have a decent manager in Paul Tisdale who does decent work in bringing youngsters through, and trying to play a decent style of football, which is not so easy amongst the kick and rush merchants.

Indeed, the Football League's longest serving manager with 11 years under his belt at Exeter!
Question everything.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 am

In all probability, Sean Goss remains the talented player that he was always thought to be. His problem - I would imagine - is simply that, at the moment, his playing style does not fit with the style of play that Ollie has introduced this season. If he goes to Yeovil (or Exeter) I hope that he flourishes and with more experience, brings his talent back to Loftus Road before too long.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 am
Barton was probably the only one that I can remember coming anywhere near to warranting his wage packet
hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical
Yep who can ever forget those Hollywood passes, the discontent in the dressing room, the sending off at Man City, slagging off QPR in the worst French accent, getting suspended before Christmas, countless embarrassing tweets and those are the first things that spring to mind. Taking everything into account he was one of the worst signings ever at QPR and it cost us a reputed £80k a week for the plaeasure. Those bone crunching tackles after he lost possession were always a big crowd pleaser for the hard of thinking though. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:43 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 am
In all probability, Sean Goss remains the talented player that he was always thought to be. His problem - I would imagine - is simply that, at the moment, his playing style does not fit with the style of play that Ollie has introduced this season. If he goes to Yeovil (or Exeter) I hope that he flourishes and with more experience, brings his talent back to Loftus Road before too long.
I hope you're right. We won't find out if he can apply his talent to the professional game until he's given a run of games so a loan out is what he needs. From the little I've seen he needs to add the physical side of football to his game. If he can do that there may be a role for him as a 'Regista' - a deep lying playmaker - in the way Ollie has us playing.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Barton was probably the only one that I can remember coming anywhere near to warranting his wage packet
hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical
Yep who can ever forget those Hollywood passes, the discontent in the dressing room, the sending off at Man City, slagging off QPR in the worst French accent, getting suspended before Christmas, countless embarrassing tweets and those are the first things that spring to mind. Taking everything into account he was one of the worst signings ever at QPR and it cost us a reputed £80k a week for the plaeasure. Those bone crunching tackles after he lost possession were always a big crowd pleaser for the hard of thinking though. :roll:
Hollywood passes!! Jesus that's rich coming from Onuoha's No1 fan..

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 am

Devonranger wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 am

Tisdale has done a brilliant job at Exeter for many years with an extremely limited budget, and brought through some very talented players who have gone on to play at a higher level. For that reason, I'm pleased with the Wheeler signing.

It doesn't bode well though that Goss is dropping down two divisions to go out on loan. It suggests he is a very long way from being any use to us at Championship level, and while Lala goes over the top in his criticism, I think his point about paying £500k for a 21 year old without a single first team outing to his name is entirely valid.
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:33 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

Barton was probably the only one that I can remember coming anywhere near to warranting his wage packet, about 20-30 on the list before you get to Barton.

Also we apparantly have no funds, to spend 500k on a youth team player was plain stupid imo, why on earth we coudnt just loan him for the remainder of last season is beyond me.
Yes that whole year we subsidised his holiday in France was definitely money well spent!

In my humble opinion we got about ten games out of Barton the whole time he was here

I do remember him stepping up for the Wigan play off games

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:14 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Hollywood passes!! Jesus that's rich coming from Onuoha's No1 fan..
Onouha hasn't built himself up as the greatest passer of a ball since anyone you may have heard of though has he. At least you acknowledge the rest of his "attributes" Barton was a spunktrumpet of the highest order.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.